Deleted

4.2 Shadow Piest DPS nerf or buff?

So i'm nut sure if I should take the upcomming changes as a nerf or a buff? You should keep your dots up at all time (sometimes even at two targets), which means 3 times 12 % nerf, however you mindflay between dots and mindblast which almost should boost the dps equal the amount nerfed from the dots. This is however only on one target bosses like Nefarian, where you should dot up both nef and Onyxia this would lead to a dps loss. Then we have SH: D which also have been buffed with 12 %, which means a buff on 24 % whenever the boss is below 25%.

So guys pls tell me your opinion, is this a nerf or a buff? What is Blizzard's intention with this? Is SW: D supposed to become a part of the rotation even before the boss is above 25 %?

Priest (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Devouring Plague damage done has been decreased by 12%.
    Mind Blast damage done has been increased by 12%.
    Shadow Word: Death damage done has been increased by 12%.
    Shadow Word: Pain damage done has been decreased by 12%
    Mind Flay damage done has been increased by 12%.
    Vampiric Touch damage done has been decreased by 12%.

It's a balance. Some spells were doing too much, some too little.

while trying to keep the game balanced.. they took what damage we had as priests/clothies away.. does it pay off to play a priest anymore? NO.. every dungeon I run with my many different 85's, I always hear the same thing.. "I hope we don't get a priest as a healer".. every bg I go into, priests are never near the top..

I WILL NOT PAY SOMEONE TO FUCK ME OVER..... no more wow for me.. they can go fuck themselves!

I use to love to play my pally.. what happened?? they got nerfed..
    I use to love to play my rogue.. what happened?? they got nerfed..
    I use to love to play my priest.. huge 24% nerf to a 12% gain? rofl.. NERFED LIKE A BITCH..

every class has been raped by blizz so much to where it's not fun anymore.. oh well.. I no longer give a fuck

^ROFL no sure if srs

Hahah.. The way I look at it, its a buff. We perform better on boss fights than before, and thats really all that matters

This topic is getting old. It's been brought up in several threads. They nerfed our DoTs by 12%, buffed burst by 12%. This was because we were a little TOO good at multidotting. We could crank out insane numbers that no one could compete with once we knew how to manipulate it, and trinkets like Theralion's Mirror made them that much crazier. That's one of the reasons you don't see an absurd mastery proc in this tier. By nerfing DoTs and buffing burst, we inherently become more single-target focused than multi-target. We can still rock the charts, particularly on multidot fights, since DoTs will still be a majority of our DPS.

Their solution does amount to an overall nerf. On many fights, our DoTs would come out to about 60% of our DPS. Thus, the 12% nerfs weight a bit more than the 12% buffs. Ignore anyone who concludes that shadow got nerfed by 12%. Our multidotting ​only was affected by 12%. Our overall DPS is much less affected because you have to take into account the buffs.

Any idiot who's panicking because they're no longer guaranteed the #1 spot on the charts needs to get their head checked. Is being number one awesome? Hell yes. Is it required to top in theorycrafting over all others, or else it's not worth playing an spriest? Obviously, you have only been one for Cata.

It amount to the smallest nerf I've ever seen shadow get. I'm not going to QQ over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

For PVE you will not notice a difference in your DPS.

In PVP, one would think that more burst would make things better, but you run into several problems.

- You are barely ever able to cast. If people want to lock you down from doing any damage, they can do so very easily now. Dots are crap.

- One would think that when you have 12% increase to hard cast damage, you'd see big numbers like an Arcane Mage... this is not true. It's basicly about the same damage, maybe a tiny bit more.

So there you have it. Shadow Priest PVP is kind of gimped right now. Hopefully Blizzard will see this and work to resolve it...

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowpriests. Are. Fine.

People who complain should go back to the old days and try it out.. then you'd be happy with how much we've been fixed.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests