CtA with premade group

So I've been looking around and cant seem to find this, if someone can post a think that would be great... But why cant tanks/healers still do their CtA with anyone else besides random people. I hardly have any incentive to queue by myself just because of all the sub par people, it just doesn't make the extra gold or whatever worth it. I understand that queuing with an entire premade group would defeat the purpose, but I think it would be nice to have 1-2 people you can invite just to make it smoother.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said it yourself. The sole reason for CtA was to lower queue times for DPS who, when queueing solo would have to wait for 40 minutes. If a tank or healer could queue with their own DPS and still get the bag then it defeats the purpose.

I agree that maybe, 2 people would be the maximum to queue with to get the bag. Or if there is a CtA for both Tanks and Healers than a tank and healer could queue together and still get their bag.
    Last edited by Nyghtfall; 2011-05-16 at 03:39 PM.

I dont think you read my post, I stated exactly what you said.

Edit: There we go I dont see why they dont just do that

As Nyghyfall said, it defeats the purpose of CtA if you can get the CtA bonus while bringing in your own people.

The goal is to lower the average DPS queue time. If the tank and/or healer is bringing in their own DPS, that's less slots available for the DPS pug increasing their wait time since the DPS you're bringing along is guarenteed a group in 5 minutes (for healer/dps combos) or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvorix View Post
    I dont think you read my post, I stated exactly what you said.

Edit: There we go I dont see why they dont just do that
    Edit powah!

Quote Originally Posted by Uvorix View Post
    So I've been looking around and cant seem to find this, if someone can post a think that would be great... But why cant tanks/healers still do their CtA with anyone else besides random people. I hardly have any incentive to queue by myself just because of all the sub par people, it just doesn't make the extra gold or whatever worth it. I understand that queuing with an entire premade group would defeat the purpose, but I think it would be nice to have 1-2 people you can invite just to make it smoother.
    While I'd like to queue with a friend and still get my bag, it would make the CtA less effective, meaning that DPS queues will be longer. Not as long as pre-CtA, but longer than they're now. I cannot take more QQ about queue times... A change like the above would only increase the amount of said QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Well, as others have said, it would defeat the purpose of the bonus if you could queue with others and still get the goodie bag. Of course, there are a cpl trains of thought as to what is better, and it depends on your goals.

In my guild, we have 3 main tank type people. One pretty much only logs on to raid now. The other 2 are on a bit more often. Our raid's MT will pretty much only run Zand heroics with guildies, because he likes the smooth runs and doesn't care much about the bags. The other tank is an achievement/pet/mount junkie, and generally runs randoms for the bonus. TBH, to this point, I don't think she's gotten anything in a bag that has overpowered the frustration of doing full pugs.

One thing I've noticed is that the new system has seemed to draw alot of people into the older heroics that are marginal tanks and or healers to say the least, just to get the bonus. Sure my wait times on my lower geared alt are alot lower (@10 min down from @30) but the overall play lvl is ALOT lower than it used to be. As far as the Zand heroics, my queue times as a dps are just as long as they always were. (@30 minutes..was @15 minutes for a cpl days after the new stuff came out, but that went back up)

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of it depends on when you queue also. Even with the CTA incentive queue timers get bigger at the end of the week when you've capped out on valor points. I choose not to queue for the Zandalari ones solo but will queue for the normal heroics. I can't deal with the stress of a bad healer or finding a DPS doing under 8k when their ilevel should be over 346 now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes perfect sense to me. You aren't going to be lowering dps queues if you queue with other dps.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    As a tank with a healing friend, when CTA is up for both of us, I often repeatedly queue (declining if his doesn't pop) until it pops at the same time for us both. With the 2 of us it's easy to carry the group, and we both get the satchel reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    As Nyghyfall said, it defeats the purpose of CtA if you can get the CtA bonus while bringing in your own people.

The goal is to lower the average DPS queue time. If the tank and/or healer is bringing in their own DPS, that's less slots available for the DPS pug increasing their wait time since the DPS you're bringing along is guarenteed a group in 5 minutes (for healer/dps combos) or less.
    But it wouldn't completely defeat the purpose of CTA, if tank or healer was allowed to bring 1 person with him/her. Say there's CTA for tanks and the tank brings a geared healer. Now there's not CTA for healers=there's enough healers atm. So how would that defeat the purpose?

I know that bringing in a dps, would decrease the wait by a small amount, but at the same time that dps isn't waiting=low queue time for him/her.

Letting tanks/healers bring 1 person could literally make the difference between a wipe fest and a somewhat smooth run.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    It makes perfect sense to me. You aren't going to be lowering dps queues if you queue with other dps.
    You effectively are bumping another DPS who is in the queue back 1 spot. So by giving another player a free trip to the front of the queue you lose the benefits of the CTA bonus.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrvina View Post
    As a tank with a healing friend, when CTA is up for both of us, I often repeatedly queue (declining if his doesn't pop) until it pops at the same time for us both. With the 2 of us it's easy to carry the group, and we both get the satchel reward.
    How do you do this exactly? Cause last time I checked, you needed to queue solo, to get the satchel.......

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You effectively are bumping another DPS who is in the queue back 1 spot. So by giving another player a free trip to the front of the queue you lose the benefits of the CTA bonus.
    That was not his point however. His point was, that by letting tanks/healers queue with just 1 person, you'd still lower the queue overall. It may mean that ppl get bumped back a spot in the line but if the line overall is shorter, CTA still serves its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    How do you do this exactly? Cause last time I checked, you needed to queue solo, to get the satchel.......
    I think they may be trying to say that they both queue solo but time it right to be put in the same group....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    I think they may be trying to say that they both queue solo but time it right to be put in the same group....
    Yep, sit on skype, sync queue, join, easy mode.

Also it tries to group you with people from your realm too, which makes it all the more likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrvina View Post
    Yep, sit on skype, sync queue, join, easy mode.

Also it tries to group you with people from your realm too, which makes it all the more likely.
    Dang, I wouldn't actually have thought it would be possible. I can understand what you're doing but are you on a smaller realm? I mean I think my realm is about 13k+ with a 95% Horde pop, so I find it very unlikely that I would get my healer friend even if we did that. I mean there would be so many other healers from my own realm queuing that it would have to be pure luck.

Deleted
    On Sylvanas EU.

Only time I ended up in another group was when he said the queue popped, and it didn't (as a joke).

So I had to do 1 boss then leave to miss the debuff.