Kingdoms of Amalur

Need to start looking at Kingdoms of amalur ppl this is starting with a basic rpg to set the ground for an mmo. A mmo from the minds of Rolsten(lead developer of elder scrolls: oblivion) Salvatore(amaziang fantasy author and is the writer for this game) and artist Todd Mcfarlane(hopefully you all know who he is). all owned by 38 games which is a company Curt Schilling started after he retired from baseball.

to many great minds to not give it some thought

pax east demo
    http://reckoningthegame.com/pax-east-demo

I just can't wait reserved my copy of the rpg already.

I saw this at pax. It looks wonderful and reminds me a lot of Fable. Ill be giving it a go. I know they have a long term goal here by ending up MMO and I like the fact they are taking the time to make a "prequel" to the MMO first to set a foundation for a world with lore. That is going to give it a huge jump and I personally appreciate the patience they are putting into this game.

yeah if they put the time and effort into an mmo for this as they are doing the rpg...well i'm in for sure.

Sadly I think the MMO community might miss this one. Then when the devs release the MMO sequel everyone will be like:

"LOL OUT OF NOWHERE! GET LOST!"

And that just sucks. I'll still give it a try but it better have some ridiculous advertisement schemes ready to go for the release and subsequent sequels. The game really needs some hype and swell behind it, because as it is, not many understand what they are going for here with the RPG into MMO thing.

I didn't know an Elder Scrolls dev was in on it too. My hopes for the game just plummeted. I trust Salvatore to make the story very compelling though.

Odd, I'm quite sure that the guy is talking about "free world movement", but in the same example I clearly see a path, from which he does not stray. I fear this will be an MMO with "natural Walls" and I'm not entirely amused.

I'll keep an eye on it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first heard about this a couple years ago when they were still called Green Monster, I got excited. I'll definately be watching to see what they have in store.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed this on Kotaku and PCGamer the other day and checked Reckoning out. I have to say, it may look a bit generic but that's not exactly a bad thing. Games don't necessarily have to be 100% unique to be great. It looks a bit like Fable with the combat reminiscent of God of War or Darksiders.

I'm keeping my eye on it, but I hope they continue on with what they're planning. With such high-profile people working on it, I hope it doesn't bomb. I also have to admit, I cheered along with the crowd in the PAX East Demo when he did the very first Fate Shift kill. Giant magic slamming hammers are always a good point for combat.

As for the MMO, I'm not entirely sure how that will work out. Biggest thing that will determine that will probably be what new things it brings to the table, the price point, and services. I tell you, WoW gets away with a lot of stuff that other MMOs wouldn't be able to because it's the top dog. IE a $15/month subscription while still making you pay quite a bit more if you want any of their automated services such as character transfer. No I can't be 100% certain it's automated but when it only takes a few seconds on a good day for a transfer to go through, that makes me think there aren't any humans behind it, pushing buttons.

In order to actually gain a decent foothold in a world of Rift, WoW, SWtOR, and so on, that MMO is going to have to be deep, well-developed, and cater to the players, not the other way around.

Final note: With the third video of the PAX East Demo on their official site... Anyone else having it cut off to the next video a few minutes too early? It skips the entire fight sequence at the end, which really annoys me since it sounds enjoyable.
    Last edited by Luminar; 2011-05-17 at 02:57 AM.

It already had a 4 page layout in game informer and it still doesn't come out till next year. Hopefully they will keep up that marketing and it will be well known.