Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    TBH, except for the part where people just need to vent, I'm puzzled by threads like these.

Despite that fact that I think that people exaggerate scope*, bad players exist and bad groups happen. When you run into this, the best thing is to just drop group, take the cooldown and requeue. No sense in getting all verklempt over it because there ain't a damned thing you can do about it.

* seems to me, based on my experience, that the number of bad players and/or bad groups people run into is grossly exaggerated. Granted, my anecdotal evidence is not, in fact, evidence, but I am generally skeptical of people who complain about getting "bads" all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    Blizz has gotten themselves into this mess. First, leveling is so fast now that you CAN get to 85 without knowing your class. And, the number of ways to gather XP means you don't even need to work on your PvE game (i.e. XP from PvP, gathering, etc).

I know people who primarily PvP and guess what? They don't know sh*t about rotations and boss mechanics (not all PvPers, just the ones I know).

Then Blizz puts in a dungeon model where small mistakes (if you're an average geared group) can cause wipes. Just seems like Blizz needs some improvements in this area.

On topic though, while I don't play often, when I tank instances I never have any of these problems people seem to rant about. There is the occasional dumb a$$, but having 3-4 in one group seems rare (or unlucky for you!).

rotations come from reading elitist jerks. If a new player starts he's likely get some sort of rotation down, but I seriously doubt he'd get the proper rotation for max dps by the time he hits 85. If you quest then your not likely ever getting to the point of having a full rotation(ie rogue). This is where sub-par dps comes from. After reading how to min/max your toon and get fully geared in 346 you should be able to do alright in normal heroics, if you read up on every fight. The bottom line is wow is a game where A TON of investment needs to be researched if you want to succeed in pve. ZA/ZG have harder bosses then magmaw or halfus so I'm confused where this "it's unacceptable to have sub 10k dps" or "these instances need to be made more difficult" If a big portion of the base cannot get passed certain mechanics, and the other portion can, it sounds like this is exactly how it was designed.

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    They do need to somehow mix tutorials into the gameplay. Like at some point while soloing and getting a new talent or ability it could explain to you why it's useful. Like what they did in Starcraft 2 story mode

Example: for a talent that makes overpower proc off rend ticks every 6s or whatever, it shows you a mini video displaying it's usefulness and how it works. I think you get what I mean. (skippable tutorials, or things you an disable in the options menu, character based.)

This would be huge. And if you don't need it a tutorial off option would work fine.

Another observation:

Everyone in this thread claims to be "good DPS".

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some people who aren't all that good at doing dps, mainly cause they play the game as a temp means for a distraction and just play to have some quick fun in between duties in life.

IE... Some people just play to have fun and don't study their butt off to be the best they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehran View Post
    (I can average 15k on a short fight because ret is balanced).
    The reason you did 15k being undergeared isn't because ret is balanced (it isn't). It's almost certainly due to having your procs available (wings, trinkets, etc).

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are still plenty of great players out there, dont be afraid of pugs so much, just the other day i was healing ZA last boss when a dpser left ( mostly raid geared war ) he was doing about 16k dps, when a lock came to the group ... i gave the usual inspection and found she was mostly 346 ilvled, at that point i thought "at least she's enchanted" ... started the fight and she pulled 17.4k dps as destro, im still amazed

Moral of the story : not all pugs are bad
    PS : i dont blame you for venting for running into a group like that, god nows almost everyone would xD

Deleted
    I laughed hard when i read OPs post, i've been there too.. had to take a break so rolled hunter from blood dk just to avoid tanking for a while. Some dps are so terrible its hard to imagine its a player behind the keyboard and not a semi retarded monkey. Getting "full house" of less then stellar players really breaks you down after a while.

Reading elitist jerks for 5 minutes is hard for ppl apparently. Same with downloading a mod like clc ret or dk. Makes me wonder how lazy people are IRL if they can't take 5 minutes to read up on a game you pay monthly for... Maybe this is just me not wanting to be bad

Quote Originally Posted by Enric View Post
    Reading elitist jerks for 5 minutes is hard for ppl apparently. Same with downloading a mod like clc ret or dk. Makes me wonder how lazy people are IRL if they can't take 5 minutes to read up on a game you pay monthly for... Maybe this is just me not wanting to be bad
    Don't assume that people are even aware of places like EJ or mods like CLC. And also don't assume wants to invest extra time, outside of the game studying, either. And not because they're lazy, but because they're ignorant of the resources available to them. The typical player who posts on boards like this one are the people who are more engaged in the game and tend to be more aware and informed.

The best we can do is when we run into people who need some help (whether they realize it not), is to help educate them instead of bagging on them.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    No its fine if you think you are good at PVP and you think PVP is bee's knees! THEN TAKE YOU STUPID PVP GEAR AND STAY IN PVP!

STAY the EFF out of PVE! Its as simple as that!

I'm raging because TRUST ME if the shoe is the other way YOU'D rage too! If I asked you to take my 358 PVE gear Fury war onto your Arena team WOULD YOU? You'd SAY GTFO you Idiot! And you'd have the right to say so. Am I gonna go into a long drawn debate with you on what makes me a better player? NO! Because I know I don't belong on a PVP team.

All I'm asking is the respect to be reciprocated. STAY the hell out of my heroics and raids with your PVP Junk, GG, simple as that, go DERP somewhere else!

wow the only game where pve queens act all hard lulz

What they have to do is ban all those fuckin kids:P yeah plz nerf heroic randoms, avoiding shit on ground and interrupting make this game so hardddd lol