Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Rogues are falling fast, you ok with this?

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall/25N/#3vs00

That is overall for melee only. Of course, with ranged factored in the disparity is even more stark.

Combat is really in bad shape, falling behind feral and ret pallys -- assasination is barely edging out ret pallys.

I keep hearing on this forum, rogues are fine - l2p, but the numbers since 4.1 are telling a different story. I can only imagine that without those cleave gimmicky fights for combat to pad its numbers, combat would be in even worse shape. Of course, SUB is dead last.

But unless they change some rogue mechanics, I don't see firelands being any different.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh It really won't be at all any different, we can only hope some more 4.2 thing's

Of course rogues aren't ok with it, but what can we do? I'm just sitting back, praying the devs notice and actually do something.

Most of the rogue problems were given proper feedback during cataclysm BETA and nothing was done, nothing was addressed.

Raidbots is hugely incorrect. As is WoL and Stateofdps.com.

However, Rogues in general are falling behind it seems, but it's not a huge gap, and with our 4pc T12, we will scale a lot better than we currently do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post

However, Rogues in general are falling behind it seems, but it's not a huge gap, and with our 4pc T12, we will scale a lot better than we currently do.
    True but will still be in the mid road wouldn't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    isnt that the goal?

i mean wouldn't the idea be to get all classes to the middle or as close to it as possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    isnt that the goal?

i mean would the idea be to get all classes to the middle or as close to it as possible?
    Nah; We're still in large gaps compared to other classes

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with rogues not topping the meters

Deleted
    And you wanna be top and only top??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpif View Post
    And you wanna be top and only top??
    Did I say that? No, If your in a high end guild such as mine. I wanna be there with them competitively instead of well obviously mid

Deleted
    It does seem unreasonable for the only pure melee dps class in the game to be falling behind like this.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every class's goal should be to be in the middle of the meters, because that means you're properly balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Every class's goal should be to be in the middle of the meters, because that means you're properly balanced.
    If that was the case, then every dps class should have the chance to be top.

Rogues are falling behind, and need to be fixed.

I don't think we are too far behind. I can lead certain fights against the ranged in my guild, saying that I'll most likely be switching to ranged come 4.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've noticed this too. as people in my guild finally catch up to my gear level(being the only rogue I got any item I wanted out of raids when it drops) and i was raping everybody in dps. Now that people are sporting their 4 piece and full epics I've fallen behind to 3 people(2 arcane mages and a warrior) I'm still whooping up on hunters(i think ours are bad) lol

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    i've noticed this too. as people in my guild finally catch up to my gear level(being the only rogue I got any item I wanted out of raids when it drops) and i was raping everybody in dps. Now that people are sporting their 4 piece and full epics I've fallen behind to 3 people(2 arcane mages and a warrior) I'm still whooping up on hunters(i think ours are bad) lol
    How's that possible? Guess that hunter is bad, Our hunter is always top 3 regardless next to shadow priest and mages

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    isnt that the goal?

i mean wouldn't the idea be to get all classes to the middle or as close to it as possible?
    erm, if all classes are in the middle, why even bring a rogue?
    What will they bring, besides mediocre mdps?
    No buffs that can't be easily supplied by another class...
    "when the eagles go silent, the parrots will jabber" _Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    How's that possible? Guess that hunter is bad, Our hunter is always top 3 regardless next to shadow priest and mages
    not sure honestly. like i said, i think our hunters aren't that good. Every once in a while when I'm slacking off they'll edge me out, but when I'm on my game no competition

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

To me this kinda seems very far off, idk if its because of the rogue we have in my guild is just insanely good or what but he does way above what your meters are indicating and is easily the top dps in our raids, what might have an impact on this is what comp of the remaing raid memebers could probably effect how well a rogue performs.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post

It you look at SoDPS/WoL/Raidbots for hunters it says BM is doing less then 1/4 the dmg of MM/SV in reality they are only a few % off....

(Someone posted cited as a reason BM should receive huge over arching buffs) \

Reality Blizzard many of the sites relies on user uploaded information that is not necessarily indicative of the reality of class disposition/distribution or performance.

Personally most of the logs i upload to WoL are from shitty ass pugs to point out to individual players what NOT to do, or why XXX theory doesn't work, or to win an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.