Need help, I'm getting black screens!

So I just came back to the game from a break, and I the moment I get in the game, my computer makes a loud noise and eventually the monitor goes into a black screen. Can anyone help me find the problem?

Here are my specs:
    Radeon HD 5770
    Intel Core 2 Duo e8400
    4GB Memory of DDR2
    Asus p5q pro turbo
    Corsair 650W PSU

Looking at CPU-z, my core speed is 1.9Mhz, shouldn't it be more? Also my memory speed is 399.9Mhz, should that be more as well? What seems to be the problem here? Need help.

EDIT: My GPU has two slots of 4pins, should I connect both to my PSU? Or just one of them

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 07:33 PM ----------

Please help me

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 08:13 PM ----------

Forever alone
    Last edited by soicakes; 2011-05-16 at 07:24 PM.

Yes, you should probably connect both 4 pin adapters if there are 2 4-pin slots on the card. As for your clock speeds, sounds like you have throttling enabled and your speeds aren't as good as they could be. As to your black screens, can you describe that "loud noise" a little better? Is it an audio loop, high pitched whine, clicking, or something else entirely?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soicakes View Post
    Looking at CPU-z, my core speed is 1.9Mhz, shouldn't it be more? Also my memory speed is 399.9Mhz, should that be more as well? What seems to be the problem here? Need help.

EDIT: My GPU has two slots of 4pins, should I connect both to my PSU? Or just one of them
    Your core speed is showing low because it's idling and speedstep kicked in. Your RAM shows as 400MHz because you have 800MHz RAM (400MHz speed, then Double Data Rate, is 800MHz).

If your GPU has spots for two 4-pin connectors, then connect two 4-pin connectors. It wouldn't ask for more power than it needed.

Finally, stop trying to bump your post. It's against forum rules.