Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unsure which Healing Spec to choose.

Hello Everyone.

I have had a break from wow for some time and have recently returned and hit 85. Currently enjoying it and just want to get back into the game.

I am however slightly confused which spec to choose, I am not interested in raiding and would like to focus on healing in instances and BGs.

If someone could advise of a suitable healing spec I would be most appreciative.

Regards
    Chris

Dual spec, then find the one you like the most.

Deleted
    I could do, but I like having my shadow spec

Deleted
    Go disc, I find it more fun in BG/arenas compared to holy.

http://wowtal.com/#k=vsg8NFKG.ala.priest.qKcoua

Deleted
    Totally go disc if you arent interested in raids. Mainly because people will not click that lightwell no matter what.So efficiency on holy drops a lot.

Deleted
    If you focus on BG's and pvp in general, Disc is mandatory. Imo, holy is awesome for raids, but in pvp they are really underwhelmed by Disc's potential. Strong bubbles and awesome cooldowns are really powerful in pvp. As mentioned before, Holy's stronger mechanics only shine in raids (lightwell, big aoe heals).

Deleted
    I used Holy for Instances and use Disc for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by ShagratQT View Post
    Totally go disc if you arent interested in raids. Mainly because people will not click that lightwell no matter what.So efficiency on holy drops a lot.

I think Blizzard should offer a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries for people that click the lightwell.. its the only way they'll use it

-,-

Deleted
    Why do everyone neglect disc for raidhealing? If you look on the HPS numbers on stateofdps.com they're exactly even (10H). Am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should play whatever spec you like best. I know it's not much of an answer, but for the content you want to do, each spec is capable, so it will boil down to personal preference.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I've always healed as Holy in raids and instances.
    I dinged my Resto Shaman recently and quickly got into the Zandalari instances with full blue gear and found healing twice as easy than I did on my 354 Holy Priest.

Why? I haven't a clue; maybe it's down to the fact Holy requires a lot more Spirit than any other healing class? Shaman just works, and Im at 1900 spirit with her. For now I've given up healing with my Priest because something isn't right. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ShagratQT View Post
    Good thing holy isn't based around lightwell now is it? Thats like saying someone is to far away to stand in PW:B in time. In which this becomes a player issue not a spell mechanic issue.

Run with a raid/group that knows not to tunnel and click lightwell (seriously... its not that hard, plus you should not be tunneling in the first place).

OT: Both spec are viable/optimal. It comes down to the play style you prefer.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I dont know how long was your break from wow, but currently you can have 2 specs in the same time.
    And if you want to be GOOD healer, you MUST have both disc and holy specs and choose the one that suites best for every boss in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I dont know how long was your break from wow, but currently you can have 2 specs in the same time.
    And if you want to be GOOD healer, you MUST have both disc and holy specs and choose the one that suites best for every boss in raid.
    1) OP has stated that he is keeping one spec shadow
    2) Both holy and disc are viable/optimal for any current fight (except disc with chimerion maybe but its still doable)
    3) All other healing classes only have 1 healing spec. We don't need both of them available (duel spec) to be a good healer. You will do just fine picking which one you prefer.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I play both Disc and Holy (Only because I raid with both spec) and both are great, you're going to have to try both and see which you like better, I think that's the only way you're truly going to find out.

Mainly because people will not click that lightwell no matter what.So efficiency on holy drops a lot.
    This is actually not true when you have some competent people in the group.

On Topic, anything pvp go disc unless you plan on poppiing your angel form CD a lot =) a pvp disc spec would also be suitable for 5 mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Thank you for reading OP. He very clearly said that he was NOT interested in raiding and two posts later said that he wants to keep his shadow spec. And you don't need to have two healing specs to be a good healer. What if your guild needs you as shadow every so often?

Here's my opinion:

-For BGs: Holy's actually very powerful. CoH and PoM are amazing for those large-scale fights. Disc, however, does have a lot of PvP utility.
    -For Arenas: There's really no reason not to go Disc. Amazing amount of utility. Holy's strengths come in large-group healing, something that you won't see in Arenas.
    -For 5-mans: Either spec works well, but I'd probably pick Disc. The way people play now in heroics, you will need to use GH quite a bit, and with the extra intel you get from Disc coupled with Inner Focus and Train of Thought, GH becomes very efficient.
    -For raiding: If you do change your mind, either spec would really work. Use the one you're more comfortable with because that's really all it comes down to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

For BGs: Holy's actually very powerful. CoH and PoM are amazing for those large-scale fights.
    This is a guy who loves popping his Angel Form CD a lot. Seasoned pvpers will FF and CC in BGs quite often. They smell a holy priest a mile away and the moment we realize that you are not disc you will be the first person killed every time we see you. The survivability loss of a holy priest is VERY noticeable. Hitting a holy priest in full viscous feels about the same as hitting a disc priest in only pve gear.

go disc, heal with smite. fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by OBEV0098 View Post
    I could do, but I like having my shadow spec
    In spite of this, I'd still recommend going Disc / Holy specs for a few days to a week, and try both out. You can bounce back and forth between them quickly and easily and get a good feel for both.

At the end of your trial, simply respec the one you like least back to Shadow.