Network/internet issues!

Hello there, im having a problem which ive been trying to fix for quite a few hours..

it started perhaps 2 weeks ago that i sometimes lost the internet connection all of sudden. then it says "limited or no connection" with that yellow warning triangle over the network icon.
    this could happen 5 minutes after starting the computer or after 8 hours. i tried several things like turning off the "power save" function on the network card or even typing in the router adress manually instead of having it on automatic. normally a couple of computer restarts would make the computer find the connection again and it would work just fine for a while untill same happened and i had to repeat.

even uninstalled hamachi that i had installed on the computer incase that was disturbing my card. tried to refresh the IP adress through cmd, but said that the card was in a state where it wasnt possible.

now i cant seem to get the connection back at all, and in the "device manager" i could not even see the "network card" tab untill i pressed show hidden units. while alot of things pop up there i cant see my card in the list.

even tried repairing the drivers from the orginal CD..so yeah..im stomped and got no idea what to do next..i do consider myself somewhat computer techy but this have got me by the balls so to say

also tried http://www.catonett.com/blog/archives/194 as the last thing i tried before the internet went totally out the window..so yeah..i really need some help, am quite desperate as i need the computer to have internet due to school work :/

Edit: also installed the Asus express gate from the orginal CD

thanks for taking time to read my post if you got this far!
    Last edited by Murreh; 2011-05-17 at 01:18 PM.

Computer specs, connection type(ie wireless, wired, etc) what service. ie information that's needed to help. Stuff we can't read your mind for.... everything you know?
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

oh yeah ofcourse, my bad!
    P45Q motherboard, onboard network card. cable (so not a wireless one)
    Dualcore E8500 3.16ghz, 4gb corsair ram
    500gb HD
    9800gtx+ Gainward 512mb
    Tx 650w psu

also reformat and reinstalled the computer a few weeks back and i currently run vista (yes, i know ._.)

also to say all other computers work fine on the network, both wireless and cable except this one.

running with the router: D-link dir-825 i think it is

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 01:28 PM ----------

reckon setting back the computer to a date where it worked would be something worth trying? just something that hit me..

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 01:51 PM ----------

seems that doing a computer set-back did not solve the problem..this is doing my head in srsly <.<

Have you checked in BIOS that your card is correctly plugged in/powered ?

i took a turn in my Bios earlier, but not sure where abouts in the Bios the card is supposed to be since i could not find it at all. cant say ive been working alot in the Bios before.

ill have another look

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 02:03 PM ----------

in my Bios now, and under advanced -> onboard devices configuration there's "Atheros GigaBit LAN - enabled "
    och LAN Boot rom - Disabled.

was this what you were wondering about?

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 02:29 PM ----------

this is totally driving me nuts now, ill just reformat and reinstall the whole computer again if this doesn't work soon haha :<

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 02:51 PM ----------

after a last reboot preparing for a new reformat and reinstall of windows i got a connection when i started the computer up...im confused..anyone got a clue why it's beeing this unstable? and is there any way i can keep it this table? haha
    Last edited by Murreh; 2011-05-17 at 02:06 PM.