Idea for disenchanting BoP's on alt

If i go dungeons with my pally or my hunter and i win rolls i get BoP's in my bags which i can only sell to a vendor.
    Pretty annoying cause my mage is my enchanter.

How about putting in an option like the masterloot is now. (not the same ofc)
    With masterloot you get a menu to which player you want to give the item.

What i was thinking about is the same kind of menu, but then that you have the option "Mark for disenchant".
    Once the item is "Marked for disenchant", you can mail that BoP item to your alt. The character you send it to will not be able to use it. (or change the Marked for disenchant again ofc, that should be only available for the character who looted the item in the first place)

Im not a fan of this idea. If you want enchant mats go with your enchanter. Those mats are inflated enough already. Chosing a profession over another should be a decision with tradeoffs in my eyes.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-05-17 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Im not a fan of this idea. If you want enchant mats go with your enchanter. Those mats are inflated enough already.
    I hardly play with that character, because i like the other 2 better. Not forcing myself to play him just to get those enchanting mats.
    And i'm not planning on leveling enchanting all the way on the other 2 chars either.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Im not a fan of this idea. If you want enchant mats go with your enchanter. Those mats are inflated enough already.
    Agree 100%.. already in dungeons we have ppl in our market simply because we took the time to level our profession. When i enter a zone i wanna be able to roll on ore, herbs, skins, arch fragments and fish when other ppl are farming. lol

Quote Originally Posted by superbotje View Post
    I hardly play with that character, because i like the other 2 better. Not forcing myself to play him just to get those enchanting mats.
    And i'm not planning on leveling enchanting all the way on the other 2 chars either.
    Roll enchanting on one of the chars you play more. Solved. Or run with guild and make sure an enchanter is present.

As i said before which professions you choose should be a tradeoff. You want tailoring/eng on your raiding char because they are superior for raiding -> you dont get ench mats.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-05-17 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    Agree 100%.. already in dungeons we have ppl in our market simply because we took the time to level our profession. When i enter a zone i wanna be able to roll on ore, herbs, skins, arch fragments and fish when other ppl are farming. lol
    Are people REALLY still QQ'ing over this? People are not "in your market". If they go out solo and find a green, they can either mail it to an alt to DE, sell it on the AH, or sell it to a vendor. The only thing auto disenchant does is make the process easier. By hitting the disenchant button, a player is, at the most basic level, rolling greed, winning it, and then asking you to DE it for them. It removes 2 trade windows and you hitting another button. That's it. That's all it does. It merely streamlined the process. A skinner, herbalist, miner, or fisher does not need someone to make the item at the end of their knife/pick/hook useful. Quite frankly, alot of people have an enchanter alt to DE the greens they find, so "your market" is once again shot full of holes. I leveled my Enchanting on an alt by mailing him all the greens i found while questing. Once he hit 525, I started selling all the raw mats on the AH.

TL;DR Quit the bitching about a useful tool that is not going away.

Back on topic. The OP has a useful suggestion. The item could not be used once the "mark" is applied to said item and the only thing that could be done to it would be to DE it, maybe vendor it. Would save some time, and invariably maybe make a small dent in the prices of shards on the AH.
    Last edited by Konkussion; 2011-05-17 at 02:06 PM.

I think a far better solution is to have the ability to put your soulbound gear in the trade window, which then allows an enchanter to DE it for you. (Possibly for a fee).

There's no reason for you to get disenchants on a different character from your enchanter. If you're an engineer you don't get glove modifications on all your characters. If its not the character holding the profession, you can't use the profession.

@ Konkussion
    I pretty much did but your ignorant post lit the fire again. This is something we chose to level - paid to level - and should be our choice whether or not we disenchant anything for anyone. Screw you an your entitled attitude. I will compare it to mining and every other profession - because it seems to me that EVERY other profession requires us to seek out a person to do something for us. Just like people in trade saying "Look ing for enchanter have 10 items to DE WILL TIP" - end of story paid for our profession.

Quit your worthless bitching - every enchanter should be pissed about this.
    Usually I value all opinions on here - your's is worthless.
    Last edited by slime; 2011-05-17 at 02:15 PM. Reason: typo

Please play nice in this thread. I'd rather not have to hand out infractions and close it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I think a far better solution is to have the ability to put your soulbound gear in the trade window, which then allows an enchanter to DE it for you. (Possibly for a fee).
    This is exactly what I was going to post. You can put your gear in the "will not be traded" slot in the trade window and have an enchanter enchant the item for you (or did they do away with that when scrolls came out?) So why not allow them to DE your gear too?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about we just leave it as it is. Trading and DE soulbound items via trade screen will just lead to excessive amounts of encahnting mats and possibly crippling that side of the AH economy.

Also with regards to the OP.. if that would be the case about ML type thing between characters, whats to stop a hunter alt ninjaing something big for his main/other alt in a raid to this effect.

Honestly there is alot of leeway with rolling on Disenchant in groups etc. Personally if it were down to me then it would be need/greed rolls on stuff with no Disenchant feature.. this game has been made far to cosmetic for all the complainers

my two pence

Quote Originally Posted by Perceus View Post

Also with regards to the OP.. if that would be the case about ML type thing between characters, whats to stop a hunter alt ninjaing something big for his main/other alt in a raid to this effect.
    I think he said that the character who gets the item mailed to them will not be able to equip it specifically. So no point in ninjaing except for enchanting mats.

But honestly I think the system is ok the way it is now. It allows people to collect the same mats or items without having to trade twenty times or have abdishonest enchanter agree to disenchant and hand out mats at the end, then just bail with every drop (seen this so many times that eventually I rejected these voluntary "services" from enchanters).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair does, if its just for dissing purposes.

But honestly I think the system is ok the way it is now. It allows people to collect the same mats or items without having to trade twenty times or have abdishonest enchanter agree to disenchant and hand out mats at the end, then just bail with every drop (seen this so many times that eventually I rejected these voluntary "services" from enchanters).
    ^^ well said. It doesn't need adjusting or improving. Lets work towards other elements of the game instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Perceus View Post
    How about we just leave it as it is. Trading and DE soulbound items via trade screen will just lead to excessive amounts of encahnting mats and possibly crippling that side of the AH economy.
    That is why you should charge to DE the item for around the cost of the average mats they would get.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-05-17 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A BoA Scroll of Disenchant made my my enchanter would be hot.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin