Poll: Best Healer?

Thread: Best Healer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Druids have the easiest time topping meters as long as there you aren't overgeared for content. If you have too many heals in a raid then druids hots will go to overheal since people will be getting topped off by classes with faster heals. The guy that said a druids hots can instantly pick up any damage that comes - do you really believe druids are prehotting a raid? The circumstances for this are VERY few and doing so is a ridiculous waste of mana that cannot be sustained and is only done during extreme raid damage situations.

If you have a large number of people all taking damage, druid output is superior to all other classes. However a druid is absolutely terrible at getting specific players up quickly, all they have is a 15 second cd swiftmend and a considerably long casting healing touch. The only other option relies on a talent that most druids do not take because there are just better talents.

Bring three druids to HM content and you will no doubt fail.

Hey guys, who's the best athlete in the world? You know, the one who can throw a football the farthest.

Such an absurd question. I voted shaman, not because they top meters (unimportant) in an arbitrary raiding situation, but because I feel they're the best all-around overall healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The healing meter has been pretty even for my guilds healers, going up and down based on raid activity for 2 expansions now. We're all pretty levelly skilled, and work well together. So I don't know.
    Pick your favorite I guess.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    Actually they don't. Meters just show who gets a heal in first. Druids excel at this as they are able to HoT a whole raid and then any damage they take will be healed instantly by their HoTs. This always makes Druids rock healing meters because the other healers dont get a chance to heal.

But that's not everything, for example that Druid topping the meters couldn't do much else if they need to quickly heal someone. All healers have their niche's and place on the meter. But the meter does not say anything about how a certain healer is performing, nothing at all.
    if the raid is stacked or can stack during a fight a druid gets owned by a shaman atm, HR with EVL and CH + HST, their healing is insane on the majority of fights you can easily stack and at the those points the healing is ridiculous.

Let's put it this way - if you were in a 25 guild and could only choose *one* kind of healers, you would go with priest every time. Only druid or shaman healers? You're completely screwed. Only holy paladins? Bad news on any fight where you need a CD and AM doesn't help (Nef).