Magmaw bugged for pet classes

I don't know if this has been confirmed by Blue's or if there's already been a thread about it but each time i jump on Magmaw's head (on HC) my imp dissapears and I need to resummon him. Apparently the giant head acts as a new pet. This is fucked cause it burns pet classes dps.
    anyone else have this problem? is it being worked on?

In before: AMG MELE CLAZZES SHULD JUMP
    We are not very melee heavily and the feral cat we have is tank in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichiz View Post
    I don't know if this has been confirmed by Blue's or if there's already been a thread about it but each time i jump on Magmaw's head (on HC) my imp dissapears and I need to resummon him. Apparently the giant head acts as a new pet. This is fucked cause it burns pet classes dps.

My guild doesn't have a melee heavy team either. We have just myself (a hunter) stand at range for the parasites and have everyone else group up on Magmaw in melee range. We have our feral druid and the mage jump on top of him during the chain phase instead of one of the pet classes to combat this.

I've noticed it with our lock, but honestly it shouldn't kill your dps. You can use a soul shard and instant-summon a new pet. Small DPS loss at most.

You could just save your soul shards for that and be fine I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I've noticed it with our lock, but honestly it shouldn't kill your dps. You can use a soul shard and instant-summon a new pet. Small DPS loss at most.
    Why should the lock be the one to jump? Why not a non-pet class?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    So just because you have no melee why do you have to jump? Do you only have hunter and warlock DPS? Honestly, you know its bugged, do the simple solution. The reason this thread is never created is because no one really cares.
    we have a mage kiting the adds, a shadow priest who had a unstable connection, A boomkin who stood at range and 2 locks. do the math

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odayaka View Post
    Why should the lock be the one to jump? Why not a non-pet class?
    Our locks jump because they are in melee range during this fight, on normal mode always, on heroic they choose to stand in sometimes. It doesn't matter who jumps its not a dps loss. And losing your pet yes this happens, they can also stand in the little dip just in front of the spike position, same as they can sometimes stand out on V&T which requires calling them back and sending them in again. This is not dps breaking shit, just resummon your pet.

we have a mage kiting the adds, a shadow priest who had a unstable connection, A boomkin who stood at range and 2 locks. do the math
    The parasites don't spawn while Mag's thrashing around, so your mage or Boomkin should have no problem being the one to jump. There is no reason for the Boom to be standing at range, everyone but the one kiting the adds can stand in melee range and not spawn parasites.

Deleted
    Keep to the point. This thread is meant to inquire about pet classes jumping onto magmaw causing a pet bug. What the OP could do to circumvent it is not the point of the thread and will be considered off-topic spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashunt View Post
    Our locks jump because they are in melee range during this fight, on normal mode always, on heroic they choose to stand in sometimes. It doesn't matter who jumps its not a dps loss. And losing your pet yes this happens, they can also stand in the little dip just in front of the spike position, same as they can sometimes stand out on V&T which requires calling them back and sending them in again. This is not dps breaking shit, just resummon your pet.
    I'm simply trying to help. Obviously his concern is resummoning his pet. I don't care if I have to resummon my pet, it's instant so whatever. Warlocks actually have to cast theirs or spend a soul shard, so it is in fact a dps decrease for them.

OT: yes, I have seen this problem. No, I do not know if it is being worked on, but there are ways around it.

Deleted
    can you dismiss warlock pets like hunters pets now? would it be possible to dismiss and then call back which if like hunters whistle is instant? or would this not be instant/fast dismiss and would need a full resummon anyway?
    otherwise that sucks m8 did you ticket a gm about it and see what they said?
    the alternative i can think of is that after jumping on you and your pet may lose targeting so it 'runs to you' which means it 'runs into lava and dies? so the resumoning is becasue of death instead of it being removed? if it is this have you tried imp on hold position or similar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odayaka View Post
    I'm simply trying to help. Obviously his concern is resummoning his pet. I don't care if I have to resummon my pet, it's instant so whatever. Warlocks actually have to cast theirs or spend a soul shard, so it is in fact a dps decrease for them.

OT: yes, I have seen this problem. No, I do not know if it is being worked on, but there are ways around it.
    Perhaps i worded my response wrong, I wasn't having a go at you mate sorry Yeah its known that pet classes are bugged on quite a few encounters, for now you will just have to deal with it, dps loss or not, its the same as me having to revive my pet while doing a timed run ;(
    Last edited by mmocd0a92c5d08; 2011-05-17 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    At least your Magmaw doesn't bend over and sticks his head into the lava pool behind....^^

But thanks for the warning. I may consider this if we are short on melees one day^^