Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Indeed! One of the biggest "plot hole" with that episode. There is no way he would make a mistake like that. No way!
    I guess if it ever comes up they will blame that the drugs from cancer treatment is affecting his mind. Lame...
    Walt has, more than once, freaked out the moment he feels his investment, reputation or family is threatened. Look at the whole situation with Gus and the box cutter. It all spirals out of control because Walt instantly jumps to conclusions. He's paranoid and mildly psychotic when he's in that mind-set, not to mention fully sociopathic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Walt has, more than once, freaked out the moment he feels his investment, reputation or family is threatened. Look at the whole situation with Gus and the box cutter. It all spirals out of control because Walt instantly jumps to conclusions. He's paranoid and mildly psychotic when he's in that mind-set, not to mention fully sociopathic.
    I was speaking more of all those hours he spent with the van not being threatened etc.
    Surely that was enough time to think about simple things as gps-trackers?

There is no logical explaination to it. It was done to move the story forward. Nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I was speaking more of all those hours he spent with the van not being threatened etc.
    Surely that was enough time to think about simple things as gps-trackers?

There is no logical explaination to it. It was done to move the story forward. Nothing else
    I don't believe we ever see him checking the van for GPS. Didn't he let Saul acquire it?

Also, if he was perfect at planning, he wouldn't have left Walt Whitman's works on his toilet reading basket.

Yeah, the toilet thing was REALLY BAD and made for plot.

It only makes it worse that walt already knew Hank was onto '' W.W '' and kept that book in which '' G.B. '' called him '' W. W. ''...

I mean, even after he -KNEW- that Hank was onto Heisenberg, he kept that...

That was just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yeah, the toilet thing was REALLY BAD and made for plot.

It only makes it worse that walt already knew Hank was onto '' W.W '' and kept that book in which '' G.B. '' called him '' W. W. ''...

I mean, even after he -KNEW- that Hank was onto Heisenberg, he kept that...

That was just bad.
    The point of the series so far, is always that his pride will be his downfall. It's not "just for plot".

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    The point of the series so far, is always that his pride will be his downfall. It's not "just for plot".
    What does pride have to do with keeping Gale's book which caused his downfall in the first place?

What does pride have to do with keeping Gale's book which caused his downfall in the first place?
    ...Because he was an esteemed peer to Gale and Gale was one of the few people who truly respected him and could actually understand his genius, depraved as its usage may be?

Why did he leave Gray Matter? - Pride.
    Why did he have to be the only dealer around? - Pride.
    Why did he get angry at the idea of other people using his formula, or even trying to imitate it? - Pride.

The money and helping the family starts off as his reasoning, then becomes an excuse as he tries to satisfy himself. In a way he has never perceived himself as being respected for what he's done and generally resents anyone who profits from him for it.

Okay, even assuming he kept the book because of pride, why put it there? Why not hide it? It was clear proof of who he is.

I personally wouldn't put a trophy near my toilet.

All I know is if Hank dies in the shoot out in the last episode he comes back with that machine gun you saw in the trunk of his car and kills the meth crew with it.

Okay, even assuming he kept the book because of pride, why put it there? Why not hide it? It was clear proof of who he is.

Because Walt always makes sane and rational decisions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Pride really does have a lot to do with Walt. At least guaging by those who are immersed in this TV show.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's like his hat. It's like his car, and how he wants to live. He doesn't see a reason to be shameful of what he's done. In his head, all the bad things he's done are justified by what it means for his family. He ignores the fact that it could destroy his family at the same time, except when he's threatened with them.

Walt tends to keep things that mean something to him, things like the eye from the plane crash (used as a visual metaphor for judging himself, for what he'd caused). Walt's human in the end and has a lot of flaws, he just happens to be almost autism tier genius when he focuses on things, but he tends to forget the smallest details.

He made a lot of intelligent decisions, so yes I have reasons to think that he would hide the book.

Either way, if he kept it as a trophy he wouldn't put it in the fart room.

He made a lot of intelligent decisions, so yes I have reasons to think that he would hide the book.

Why not? He wears the watch Jesse gave to him in plain sight, he drives the car he clearly shouldn't be able to afford all the time, (even with its weak alibi) he believes that he's simply untouchable. It probably wasn't even a concern to him, he simply didn't believe anyone would ever realise what it was, then by the time Hank found it, he'd probably simply forgotten about it. It's not the first time Walt's forgotten something and gotten into trouble because of it.

Take also the evidence room mess as another example: He could've laid off the power a bit and gotten rid of the truck easily, but instead, he flaunted what he could do and just left it there - he was safe in the belief that he would never be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by KLPath View Post
    If I'm understanding the law correctly, if the phone call between Jesse and Walt was recorded, it would be admissible. In the state of New Mexico and the majority of the other states, as long as one person gives consent to record the call, a warrant isn't required.
    In the context of taping phone calls where one person knows it is being taped, this is correct. They have the legal right to allow the taping by law enforcement if they consent, even if the other person doesn't know. Keep in mind, it has to be a legitimate police operation with an active investigation and oversight. As a former public defender, I'd be all over the fact that this wasn't an official DEA operation (as well as a whole other metric shit ton of stuff) and that Hank and Gomez were kind of "going rogue." For a conversation between two private parties, both parties (usually) must know the call is being recorded, and give that consent on tape, for it to be admissible in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Walter did not consent be recorded, nor did they get warrant. This is a phone conversation, not a face to face conversation, without a warrant, would a judge throw the conversation without any jury hearing it.

all they hope to have is the money. They will try to trace it, was he stolen, was it laundered, was it involve in criminal activity.
    Tapping a phone line to record calls between two unknowing callers is what requires a warrant. The issue here is the unofficialness of the investigation.

maybe on a subconscious level it was his way of shitting on gale forever (kidding)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    maybe on a subconscious level it was his way of shitting on gale forever (kidding)
    Well, he did make fun of him and his work in front of Hank.

But Gale was a nice guy...

I think I agree that either Hank or Jesse will die, maybe both. Walt will refuse the deal and go on the run. The writing on his house will be writen by Todds crew, because they're hunting him down now, and the gun in the trunk is for the final battle with Todds crew.

The only thing I don't like about it is that after beating the cartel, a bunch of Aryan neo-Nazi assholes taking out Heisenberg seems kind of a let down. If that's what happens, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The only thing I don't like about it is that after beating the cartel, a bunch of Aryan neo-Nazi assholes taking out Heisenberg seems kind of a let down. If that's what happens, that is.

Gus beat the cartel, Walt beat Gus. The neo nazis aren't taking out Walt though, they're "saving" him. Although with how bad of shots they are I'm surprised they haven't accidentally taken him out.