Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnie View Post
    Only reason people are complaining about this is because they would love to use the service but are too broke/cheap to pay for it. Blizzard doesn't have to offer this at all. If it really does take a lot more coding/resources to do it then I am fine with it being a premium. You are paying a monthly sub NOW for a game without this feature. Blizzard has a right to raise their prices if they add new features that cost more resources. At least this is optional. This is like someone going to Mcdonnalds asking for "super size" then complaining that it costs more money lol.
    Grow up. There are plenty of us that have tons of expendable income that think this being a premium feature is ridiculous (I will also add that paid or completely free, I'd never use it anyway since I don't use RealID, not because of security reasons, but because none of my real life friends play this game, and I don't make or have friends on other servers. So call me unbiased.)

Generalizing makes you look like a fool, just a heads up.
    Last edited by skylla05; 2011-05-17 at 08:54 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Man... your logic is so full of fail. So, since he bought Cataclysm he bought all of the new services to come along which would include content patches? So that means he also bought Cross-Realm Dungeons? Cross-Realm Dungeons, under your example, is called an Expansion not a premium service. *sigh*

It wouldn't be too bad if they say "$15 dollars to flag your account as premium for life" as opposed to "5.95 additional per month".
    Dont read what you want to read.
    He bought the content patches, including any services such as the dungeon finder at that time (That wasn't expansion content btw, since it was launched already).
    If they make a change to something that's already there you should expect to get that for free?
    How does that work.
    Using your logic the remote AH and remote guildthingy and whatnot should be free as well, since that got added to the game which you pay for.

If they added a new dungeon finder that only works based on real id and then charged money it would be ok?
    Dont think so :P

Faster LFD queue for premmium soon! YAY!

cant believe blizzard keeps pushing the lines of what they charge for, this is terrible /quit wow

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no thanks, glad I started playing with all my friends on the same server.

Deleted
    I've wanted a feature like this for a long time, with LFD tool and Bnet accounts I thought it was possible, and since I have a few friends scattered throughout EU realms...it's an excelent idea...

Until...I read the "Premium account" part. That's just awful. I would never pay more for that. I already pay for the game if I want to play it...and in my opinion that's already too much considering the current state of the game.

It's in these things that you can see that Blizzard's too greedy nowadays. Looks like my account will remain frozen for some time

RealID is a blizzard wide feature that ties in on blizzard games. RealID features are not included in your wow subscription. Ether way if you don't want to pay for it then don't, you've managed this long without cross realm crossing with your friends, you can still manage in the future.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great idea, but I am not paying.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to say this to all of you people. It doesnt say anywhere it will be a paid service, I will agree, that I also think it will be charged for, but there was no where in the release that specifically said that it would cost money. For all we know, there will be other requirements to upgrade into the premium user. And as they also said, creating this feature is rather complex. If we want to see the game getting better, we will have to spend money on it, still I hope that the subscription fee will be enough, if not you and your friends could go together to make on of you premium, since only the party leader needs it, so split the premium cost with 4 other people.

hmm i wonder if they actually mean payment as premium, and not something like you have to real id friends to invite each other.

coming soon Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Hey, we have a way for you to now play this game with your friends! You'll have to pay us some extra money to do it first though.

Isn't it all automated though? What exactly am I paying you the extra to do?

It's taken a long time to create and a lot of effort on our part.

Well, yes, but that's why I paid extra for your expansions, all of them, and continue to pay a continuous monthly fee so you can create these features for me. I still don't follow why a basic concept in all gaming, especially in online gaming, has to cost me more than I already pay?

... lolnub l2reoll omfgz, this r good feature, doesn't effect u in eny way if u dunt use it lol, qq moar!
    Last edited by Ryme; 2011-05-17 at 08:56 PM.

i cant imagine this will have a widespread fanbase. most people have already server transferred long ago to be with friends. i honestly only see this being used by big guilds to offer ach runs and mount runs (ala ZA).

also, im still waiting on the aerial combat and dance studio from wotlk.

This is one of those things that makes me wonder if I should even be playing this game anymore. Not that it's been fun lately anyway...

What surprises me is that some people actually don't mind them taking extra money for this. I mean, are you surprised the world is fucked up these days? What's next? Are we supposed to pay for living, breathing, sleeping and thinking? Or perhaps having our legs cut off and only getting them back if we pay up?

Jeez, these money-grubbing folk these days... Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    I'm just going to say this to all of you people. It doesnt say anywhere it will be a paid service, I will agree, that I also think it will be charged for, but there was no where in the release that specifically said that it would cost money. For all we know, there will be other requirements to upgrade into the premium user. And as they also said, creating this feature is rather complex. If we want to see the game getting better, we will have to spend money on it, still I hope that the subscription fee will be enough, if not you and your friends could go together to make on of you premium, since only the party leader needs it, so split the premium cost with 4 other people.
    Uh yeah it does. "premium" implies paid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    hmm i wonder if they actually mean payment as premium, and not something like you have to real id friends to invite each other.
    Am I the only one who didn't understand this?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Good that you backed up your argument with facts and similiar. It was dumb of me to assume a multi-billion dollar company would held conventions just because they want to through away money.
    Blizzard Entertainment cofounder and executive vice president of product development Frank Pearce revealed that his company still doesn't make a profit on the expo. "BlizzCon is operated at a substantial loss for the company," said Pearce. "It's a huge marketing opportunity, so that's the benefit we get out of that. But in terms of any kind of financial gain, it actually is a loss for us."
    Pearce being the Cofounder and executive vice president of product development.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Actual it is more complicated.

Last time I checked the cross realm dungeon finder only works with realms in your battlegroup. Battlegroups are limited to one data center so they don't have to worry too much about how the data gets from data center to data center and if they need to do any encryption or special handling of the data.

This is extending it to all players not matter what battlegroup they are in. Spanning data centers. May seem like a minor point to you but even so this does add another layer of complexity.

dude you are right, I forgot the battlegroups thing, yeah that probably will be pretty hard considering how many servers there are and to connect all that data. thanks for filling us in.

Deleted
    Blizzard?Taking the slippery slope to greed?Is activision to blame?Why is this happening So this applies everywehre i guess: the more you get, the more you want.

Yeahhh, not excited for this AT ALL.