Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nope. I will not pay for premium services on top of my monthly subscription services, and the second my gameplay is affected by it I will find another game and not look back.

You did pay for Firelands, the moment you paid for your Cataclysm copy.
    But then its called an expansion, and not a premium service.
    Man... your logic is so full of fail. So, since he bought Cataclysm he bought all of the new services to come along which would include content patches? So that means he also bought Cross-Realm Dungeons? Cross-Realm Dungeons, under your example, is called an Expansion not a premium service. *sigh*

It wouldn't be too bad if they say "$15 dollars to flag your account as premium for life" as opposed to "5.95 additional per month".

They lost 600k subscriber this is their smart idea of how to get the lost in money, by adding services so current people who are paying will pay more.

Good Job blizzard

anyone see premium raids coming? loot drops 2x more, damage/healing/health increase by 50%?
    Last edited by Chronoless; 2011-05-17 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    In my book, Blizzard has just overstepped the line labeled "too greedy for a pay to play game".

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    LAME! First they wanna charge us to change our characters looks/name...Then they wanna charge us for changing realms...Then pets and mounts...NOW THEY WANT TO CHARGE US TO RUN DUNGEONS WITH FRIENDS?! Fucking lame, honestly.

If they're going to start implementing all of these "premium" services - why not just up sub prices by like $2/month or something?

This feels like it's slowly going in the direction of "WoW is going to be F2P soon, but if you want to chat/use the AH/buy from vendors/run dungeons we'll charge you $.99 per instance of each! "Enjoy" your gaming!"
    LoL holy ignorance, batman! would you rather they dont offer those things at all? didnt think so. Why should you be able to change your name, race, faction, server when ever you want at all? most games wouldnt let you do that at all. if you dont want to pay for this then DONT. We have been playing wow for a better part of the decade without these features so just continue to do so like nothing happened. Coming in here and nerd raging for no reason is pretty childish imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    You did pay for Firelands, the moment you paid for your Cataclysm copy.
    But then its called an expansion, and not a premium service.

Once you buy Cata, or any of the old expansions, you buy any changes made up to that point, including the first raid tier etc (So lets call that 4.0)
    And you get severall content patches attached to that (Including Firelands).
    So shouldn't this have been included in the expansion box too, then? Seeing as it's an updated released after the expansion was. What I meant was exactly what you were saying but with different words - Updates like these should have already been payed for by the monthly subscription as well as the cost of the expansion box. Paying additional money for updates like these to simply play with your friends is stupid, especially when we've already payed for features like these times and times again already.

And as others said, I guess I'm biased since I don't think that premium features have a place in a P2P MMO. But I see your point like I said, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Now I'm headed for sleep. It's getting late here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Premium service! YUS!

Hopefully this will bring about some premium content too. Maybe even some more premium access mounts, though I'd hope the price will be a bit higher to keep things like TRH a bit more exclusive. Like, it would be cooler if TRH would have been like $200+.

I'd totally be willing to get in on some premium exclusive raid content, especially if it meant paying $150+/month for it. I think I could definitely get more of my friends to play if it was the case.
    Unless you are a millionaire, you are an idiot. Actualy, you are an idiot no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'll care to ever pay for this feature, even though I do have friends cross-realm, this is just retarded. I'd rather just continue not playing with them. Also on topic, Real-ID is dumb, there's no "Appear Offline" mode. Untill there is, I'll continue to consider it useless and not want people on it because I'd really rather NOT have people know I'm playing my "Alone" alt on another server.

Deleted
    Blizzard is starting to look like those private servers day by day. And it's not their fault, it's Activision's fault. They are charging $15 for 5 maps on CoD:BO.. now that's fucked up.

Deleted
    wow this is so cool

Quote Originally Posted by redmund View Post
    Can't say I'm impressed with this being a paid service. Hopefully they backtrack on that.
    You'd prefer not to have it at all? Because, you know, it costs money to develop -- especially when you're connecting two services (WoW and RealID) in a way that they were not necessarily designed for.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

If you have friends that play wow isnt it generally the idea to play on the same realm/faction?, even if it was free i doubt many would use content thats not needed tbh, and paying to play with friends is just kinda pathethic to even demand that..

If they make it like a one time fee of $20-$30 dollars then I'd get it. I know people on several different servers so it would be beneficial to me versus paying the fee to transfer a toon to one of the servers my friends are on.

"Oh hey guys, we realised nobody really subscribed to the current mediocre remote features, so we'll just keep rolling more integral stuff into the extra subscription until you all do "

Something along those lines.
    Last edited by Throrion; 2011-05-17 at 08:50 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great idea, but I can't imagine very many people are going to pay for that service. I understand their point is to compensate the "complex task of creating such a feature", but good lord. I hope they make it expensive enough so the 15 people that pay for it make up the losses.

And please, for the love of god, understand the difference between Activision and Blizzard.

Activision and Blizzard didn't "merge". They simply got together and created a joint holding company, using the names of their separate entities (very likely for exposure/publicity reasons). Activision-Blizzard responds to trends with shares, not because "Kotick wants to ruin everyones lives". Calm down kids.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

10+ Year Old Account
    Really... My subscription a month doesn't get me access to this feature? Shame on you Blizzard, shame on you.

Only reason people are complaining about this is because they would love to use the service but are too broke/cheap to pay for it. Blizzard doesn't have to offer this at all. If it really does take a lot more coding/resources to do it then I am fine with it being a premium. You are paying a monthly sub NOW for a game without this feature. Blizzard has a right to raise their prices if they add new features that cost more resources. At least this is optional. This is like someone going to Mcdonnalds asking for "super size" then complaining that it costs more money lol.

This is not a positive step forward, Blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea... No thanks. I pay to play this game I shouldn't have to pay for anything else IN GAME. IMO.

Deleted
    That post just gave me a freaking mood swing. Never went from really happy to extremely sad in such a short time.

We already pay a monthly fee to play this game, why add premium services on top of that? Isn't that something F2P games make their money with?