Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    If I was going to stick it out and support Blizzard in this screwed up pay + microtransactions for play feature, you can bet to hell that I'd be charging people cash money to my paypal account to tank for them.
    Even better lol. Your subs would be paid in no time. Whilst you're probably not going to get rich of it, people would probably pay a small fee to you to skip the queues.

Now that is a premium service XD

Now someone just needs to set up a rent-a-group website where people can advertise services and leave ratings lol.

$3 for HC geared tank or buy our special deluxe service - 4 HC geared players to steamroller the instance with you in 20 minutes and all the loot you can carry for only $10!

Kids you no longer need your paper round
    Last edited by A J Rimmer; 2011-05-18 at 07:04 AM.
    Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society

Quote Originally Posted by dnova03 View Post
    Penny pincher eh? Do you realize that if it is extra 15$ per month that would equal out to 180$ per year on top of the 180$ per year already which would be 360$?

But I do not have mom paying for me so I guess thats different.
    yeah I realize that, and thats hardly any money. I hope hoarding your money helps you achieve happiness. Also, my mother does not pay for anything of mine, in fact I am much more financially stable than her.

Quote Originally Posted by hogomojojo View Post
    yeah I realize that, and thats hardly any money. I hope hoarding your money helps you achieve happiness. Also, my mother does not pay for anything of mine, in fact I am much more financially stable than her.
    If a company charges you more for something and you willingly pay it, that doesn't somehow make you better than people who complain about it. If anything, it makes you a chump =-p

Deleted
    Ranor is team leader of the Blizzard Defence Force, right?

Oh well, you guys have fun doing what you're doing. I am going to go happily play WoW. But just think about what you're complaining about. You are complaining that a business is creating a product, placing it on the market, and charging you for it? How absurd! How dare a business make you pay for their products and services.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazle View Post
    Loved it until I got to the premium part. If i'm paying extra for this, paying extra for guild chat/ah use, paying extra for mounts...what am I paying $15 for? Ya, I know I don't need to pay for all of these things, but come on now...what is our $15 getting us? Having to pay for every little development they make is a pain in the ass. Will I have to start paying for new tiers of raiding?
    Well you see that everything past the subscription fee is "extra" and does not hinder game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    If I was going to stick it out and support Blizzard in this screwed up pay + microtransactions for play feature, you can bet to hell that I'd be charging people cash money to my paypal account to tank for them.
    I think this is the money people aren't understanding here. I sure as hell would accept money from people on other servers if I was some super-geared tank or a tank/healer combo that could farm achievements, runs, JP, etc. And there are people out there that will gladly shell out the money to get those things.

Not being able to trade in-game gold is of little consequence when Blizzard gives you the tools to accept money IRL, untracable, for runs and such. Hurry up and let us cross-realm raid with RealID friends! Top guilds would finally reap the benefits IRL from being 'lazy no-lifers'. rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Community is blind. It's a very small minority of people who need this feature, who have many real ID friends on other servers.

Therefore, to put all the work into it (for the small minority) and get any of the investment of resources back, they need to charge for it.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I wonder what is more complex to develop - this new feature or x-realms BoA gear mailing?

I am willing to bet my boss' right arm that making this x-realms friends grouping work is a lot more complex that than mailing heirlooms. But Blizzard obviously have their own priorities, or they are paving the way for a premium x-realm mailing feature.
    The code to pull people from different realms into the same party already exists. There is a function in the code base right now that pulls people in a list (the random dungeon queue) and puts them into the same party. However the player has no control over this at the moment other than through entering the dungeon finder queue.

What this "new" feature basically does is (probably) put a new menu item in your friend list that calls the above function directly from the game client as opposed to leaving it in the hands of the server.

I hate to re-use material but when Blizzard says this is complicated, the only people they're fooling are the people that think source code is a movie.

Deleted
    I feel everything strictly ingame should be free, which includes this service. All extra services are out of game, like the AH or guildchat on your phone or buying pets in the store and should remain so. Before you know it, we'll be paying to enter Firelands, as it wasn't included in the expansion and is a premium...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugglebug View Post
    Ranor is team leader of the Blizzard Defence Force, right?
    Maybe he is GhostCrawler
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

When I saw the news posted on MMO-C. I knew this will be interesting reading. When I saw 1k+ counter on comments, I was 100% it will be full of angry people shouting at Blizzard. I was right.

It is definitely exciting feature that might allow you to play with people on other realms. I dont have problem that Blizzard wants to pay for it as long as it is reasonable fee. My idea would be either small monthly fee or better yet one-time charge that would be roughly 1/2 of what you pay for cross-realm transfer.

People saying that they would rather pay for transfer are not realizing that not all of your friends, relatives or colleagues are on the same realm. This feature will let you play in 5-man instances with as many friends from different servers as you can fit in. This is complementary service to LFD and cross-realm transfers. It is not necessary to play the game nor it diminishes game value from what it was when you bought it.
    You are not entitled to anything Blizzard develops for their games. It may be a bad business approach in your eyes and you have perfect way of responding to it, cancel your subscription and be gone. It is win-win situation for you.
    Last edited by Baron01; 2011-05-18 at 09:42 AM. Reason: "Complimentary" should have been "Complementary". One letter, big difference..

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not understand all the "Blizzard is charging for services other games offer for free." or "this service should have been included for free from the beginning." argument. What other MMO's allow you to play with any other player regardless of the server/realm they are on?

10+ Year Old Account
    All the people that are suddenly remember their friends why they don't play on the same realm in the first place?
    Or why they didn't got a transfer if it is such a big deal for them to play with their friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    It is going to backfire trust me without a doubt. Kiss your server economies goodbye. If I was a RMT seller this would be a gold mine. Only way to make this work without horribly back firing is to make it so you can not trade in instances?
    You can't trade gold xrealm.

The argument "Blizzard is charging monthly fee for playing why i should pay for that" is sad but to be honest i didn't expect more than an average MMO poster.

The monthly fee is set since the day you scroll down and aggree on the terms, nowhere is written that Blizzard should give for free the X feature added later, it's like buying a BMW now and when the next model release you start complaining about BMW charging for the GPS system that yours don't have, is this make any sense?

The only valid concern is that this feature will probably pull players from the LFD tool degrading the quality of it even more the rest is the classic whining fro everything Blizzard do.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-05-18 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01 View Post
    This is complimentary service to LFD and cross-realm transfers.
    You do realize that complimentary basically means free, right? Like, complimentary breakfast when you pay for one night at a Motel 8 or whatever. If it was complimentary, then you would have already paid for it when you paid your sub/bought the expansion. That's why it's called a 'premium service'. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see why so many people complain about this server.

You lot weren't playing together with your friends on other realms before, now you finally get the chance (probably for a small fee) to do that and you complain about this.

I might pay for the premium feature, but either I play horde and my gf is on her ally (other realm) or I play ally and some mates play horde (different realms) :P So it'll depend on how things work out and what the fee is like.

If they'd make this free, yay! But for a small fee, it might be worth it.

TL;DR version: You ain't playing with your friends now, soon you might be able to! Stop complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by A J Rimmer View Post
    Yeah would be easy 'HC geared tank selling runs. Just use the global message thing to advertise to anyone who's added you - need 3 dps for HC 200g per spot'

Tanks would quite literally be able to buy gold lol.
    except you cant trade anything other then conjured items to cross realm players, iirc.

How would they get the gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01 View Post
    When I saw the news posted on MMO-C. I knew this will be interesting reading. When I saw 1k+ counter on comments, I was 100% it will be full of angry people shouting at Blizzard. I was right.

It is definitely exciting feature that might allow you to play with people on other realms. I dont have problem that Blizzard wants to pay for it as long as it is reasonable fee. My idea would be either small monthly fee or better yet one-time charge that would be roughly 1/2 of what you pay for cross-realm transfer.

People saying that they would rather pay for transfer are not realizing that not all of your friends, relatives or colleagues are on the same realm. This feature will let you play in 5-man instances with as many friends from different servers as you can fit in. This is complimentary service to LFD and cross-realm transfers. It is not necessary to play the game nor it diminishes game value from what it was when you bought it.
    You are not entitled to anything Blizzard develops for their games. It may be a bad business approach in your eyes and you have perfect way of responding to it, cancel your subscription and be gone. It is win-win situation for you.

People scream about the *Premium naming* Wich would mean blizzard would look down to people who dont use it the seperation from premium to normal account...Our accoutns wasn't called premium when we used migration. When suddenly u put this so called *premium* service u start seperate accounts...And people like u are the reason others cancel subscription logging in a forum to troll people who say their opinion...
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

blizzards keep losing subs and yet they keep releasing this premium shit. seriously?

I dont have friends on other servers, ive stopped doing lol-5mans a few months ago. I dont give a rat's *ss about this premium thingy. Life is fantastic.