Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    The terms of service want to have a chat with you.
    ToS can talk to a cancelled account, if I wanted to pay for premium shit I'd go play AQworlds or Runescape

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why people are really complaining... its not like you HAVE to pay for this

if you really want to play with your friends then you should play on their server or vise versa
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    It's not about if you have to pay for it. It's the direction this game is going.

You know, once upon a time, there were MMOs. You paid for te game and then a fee every month which was used to keep the servers running and the game updated wit new stuff and features. Once in a while, there was an addon that brought so much new stuff at once that it was worth the extra one time cost. And that's it. Everyone was happy, the world was all good.

Now Activision-Blizzard enters the room. You pay for the Game, you pay for addons, you pay your monthly fee, and on top of that, they poop out more and more stuff designed to make you pay even more, all while you get less and less content. Server/faction transfer, name change, race change, mounts, pets, and now, for the first time, extra ingame funcionality. Future possibilities are endless (BoA gear across Servers anyone?)

Something's become very wrong with this picture. I don't care about the money. Let it be 1$/€, let it be 10. I really don't care. They just crossed a line for me. I don't have a problem with a company wanting to make money. That's what they work for, it's their right. Greed is what I can't stand.

I was going to reactivate my account when 4.2 goes live. Well, instead I'm going to sell it now.
    Last edited by mmoc7d0ef109c7; 2011-05-19 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    Don't know why people are really complaining... its not like you HAVE to pay for this

if you really want to play with your friends then you should play on their server or vise versa
    You have to pay for that too unless you start from scratch.

Blizzard talk about how they want friends to play together and proceed to charge for everything that blocks friends (faction change, server changes and now cross realm friends.)

I wonder if they will start charging for content updates soon.

Deleted
    I can see a item mall getting added lol premium Dungeons and raids and many more lol, premium Areas to Farm dailys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    You think the community is dying?
    Play with friends.
    You wanna play with friends?
    Fork it over
    pretty much this.

Slippery slope... the guts have been ripped out of the social aspect of WoW as it is.
    Seems a cheek to charge for this. Smells of Activision.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Deleted
    the reason for the lack of free character migrations since cata started...

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm disappointed that they are starting to charge for features that make the game better, rather than just... you know, making the game better. just Activision Blizzard posts hundreds of millions of dollars of profit and they still want to charge for an invite button, incredible.

Haven't played in months, bored at work and thought I'd check mmo-c and see how wow is doing....

And this is what it's come to now, "premium" services to go with the shitty store.

Think it's time for me to remove the install from my hdd and never look back.

Coming soon: Cross-Faction chat! Only 20 dollars a month! Order now and you get a Magic Wisp pet that sells epics for 5 dollars each!

600k subscribers lost and instead of figuring out how to add new exciting content, they resort to this ...if it were raids,battlegrounds then yes maybe.for 5 mans...never.
    OP class reroller!

The fact that this feature isn't even so great to begin with for alot of players imo just makes me think that as a premium service they would need more features to make it work. They will prob add in bgs, rated bgs, (prob not arenas since that is the biggest reason ppl pay to realm change) and even make more features. I doubt they will do this foe gear or raids. But if they implement this service they will dam sure make more in game features to go along with it as well as some sick pet / mount. This is really opening a can of worms and I foresee as already happing them losing a significant amount of subscribers if this goes live. I have never seen so many players united against a company so fast lol. I really hope Blizz smartens up and realize what they have started and come fast with an apology and never try something so stupid again.

I thought my $15 a month was for my premium account but if it is not good enough for blizzard maybe I should use it elsewhere.

Deleted
    They added Pet/Mount Shop.
    I said: "Fine let the idiots pay money for sparkling horses and pandas."
    They add Remote Services "Fine i can do the same when im online"
    They add Cross-Server LFD premade Groups:
    Now here they crossed this small threshhold, where you can see whats really going on behind the scenes of a company.
    They dont care anymore about improving the product for all their customers, it won't be long till there wont be any more free content patches and every new feature will get added to "Premium-Services".
    Smells like they want to make as much money as they can before they hit the wall. Three cheers for longterm investment Activision! F*** you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Slippery slope... the guts have been ripped out of the social aspect of WoW as it is.
    Seems a cheek to charge for this. Smells of Activision.
    I'm sure Kotick had his hands in this mess for a while now, but let us not forget it's also the fault of the Sheeple from this game that lets Blizzard get away with this stuff all the time (recycling, charging for this/that, lack of content, empty promises). Also, finally, it's blizzard's fault themselves getting so greedy it's disgusting. They don't care about their games, they don't care about their fans. Nothing lately has proved that they care anymore, in fact, it has been steady fall into mediocrity and greedy for them.

Don't be fooled by their tactics here neither, all this stuff is another money making diversion that I didn't see people beg for everyday. They do stuff like this INSTEAD of working on the content for the game and everyone gets caught up in the boredom then. They do stuff like this instead of adding features people have really been asking for. Blizzard isn't the same anymore, they're a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    Probably. Most adults realize that things cost money. You're paying for the best in the business.

I doubt many of you have ever done any programming or 3d art/animation, but it takes a lot of time. Time is the most expensive resource on the market, moreso when you employ the very best at their craft.

I dont see whats so hard to understand about that. Nowhere else int he world would people feel so entitled to optional features for free. World doesnt work that way.
    -The vast majority of "new" content in EVERY expansion thus far has been recycled. Adding a few horns and some sparkles to 4 year old models isn't very difficult, or expensive.
    -The subscription fee is for not only server/customer support, but also for an ever-changing , ever-expanding world. (ie: new features, zones, encounters, loot, etc etc)
    -The subscription based MMO business model is profitable for as small as 25k subscribers.
    -The development fees of the core engine have long since been paid for, the cost of developing each expansion is covered by the $40 it costs for it. Beyond the server/support costs, the rest of that sub is pure profit.
    -The quality of the models in the Pet/Mount shop far outweigh that of in-game rewards. Truly *new* content is still being sold at a premium.

This all being said, ~$15 from ~10million people on a monthly basis is plenty justification for "entitlement" of new features and new content on a regular basis. Expansions shouldn't even cost long-term subscribers anything, we've long since paid for it.

The reason why people are so against "a feature you'd prolly not use anyways", is because every time we let something like this slide, they push us one step further. People NEED to complain that we're not getting a fair value from the service we pay for. That is how things get better. Sitting there and being complacent is the quickest way to be cheated and/or taken advantage of.

And lastly, all of the real developers/artists/programmers are working on Titan w/e the hell its called.
    Last edited by lilbuddhaman; 2011-05-19 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    -The vast majority of "new" content in EVERY expansion thus far has been recycled. Adding a few horns and some sparkles to 4 year old models isn't very difficult, or expensive.
    -The subscription fee is for not only server/customer support, but also for an ever-changing , ever-expanding world. (ie: new features, zones, encounters, loot, etc etc)
    -The subscription based MMO business model is profitable for as small as 25k subscribers.
    -The development fees of the core engine have long since been paid for, the cost of developing each expansion is covered by the $40 it costs for it. Beyond the server/support costs, the rest of that sub is pure profit.
    -The quality of the models in the Pet/Mount shop far outweigh that of in-game rewards. Truly *new* content is still being sold at a premium.

This all being said, ~$15 from ~10million people on a monthly basis is plenty justification for "entitlement" of new features and new content on a regular basis. Expansions shouldn't even cost long-term subscribers anything, we've long since paid for it.

The reason why people are so against "a feature you'd prolly not use anyways", is because every time we let something like this slide, they push us one step further. People NEED to complain that we're not getting a fair value from the service we pay for. That is how things get better. Sitting there and being complacent is the quickest way to be cheated and/or taken advantage of.

And lastly, all of the real developers/artists/programmers are working on Titan w/e the hell its called.

-The vast majority of content/game design in any MMO out there has already been ripped from those before it- there's nothing new under the sun.

-The subscription fee is not only not for server/customer support, it is also not for an ever-changing, ever-expanding world. It is for access to your account and access to the servers, as they exist.

-Most sources seem to think you need a minimum of 150k subscribers to exist profitably.

-Yes, core development of Vanilla WoW has long since been paid for. Yes, most likely, each expansion's development costs are covered by proceeds from the retail/digital box.

-The fact that many people have chosen to spend $15 a month for a long time for the same thing doesn't entitle them to anything. Expansions cost what they cost. If you don't buy them, they're free. You've long since used up the game time you've paid for.

I'm cool with taking a stand, I just wish people would do it on solid ground. Every time I see 'free' or 'entitled' I think of a nine-year old asking for allowance, even though he hasn't done his chores. Do you really think QQ'ing on a forum is a more viable form of protest than canceling your account?

I dare you to get a 2-for-twenty at Applebee's once a month for a couple months, then show up and demand one as a long time customer, and see what you're entitled to.
    Last edited by bergmann620; 2011-05-19 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    You think the community is dying?
    Play with friends.
    You wanna play with friends?
    Fork it over
    Thats pretty much it. I know free online games have payed features but wow isnt a free mmo, why do they need to charge extra? And we all know this tend to get worse and worse.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    It's not about if you have to pay for it. It's the direction this game is going.

You know, once upon a time, there were MMOs. You paid for te game and then a fee every month which was used to keep the servers running and the game updated wit new stuff and features. Once in a while, there was an addon that brought so much new stuff at once that it was worth the extra one time cost. And that's it. Everyone was happy, the world was all good.

Now Activision-Blizzard enters the room. You pay for the Game, you pay for addons, you pay your monthly fee, and on top of that, they poop out more and more stuff designed to make you pay even more, all while you get less and less content. Server/faction transfer, name change, race change, mounts, pets, and now, for the first time, extra ingame funcionality. Future possibilities are endless (BoA gear across Servers anyone?)

Something's become very wrong with this picture. I don't care about the money. Let it be 1$/€, let it be 10. I really don't care. They just crossed a line for me. I don't have a problem with a company wanting to make money. That's what they work for, it's their right. Greed is what I can't stand.

I was going to reactivate my account when 4.2 goes live. Well, instead I'm going to sell it now.
    This.

Blizzard is attempting to milk more and more out of WoW while at the same time ruining the feel of the game. I remember a F2P game called "War Rock", it was at its peak a few years ago. It had a lot of active players back then. But when they started charging for certain guns/items the playerbase suddenly dropped and people stopped playing; even those who paid for premium services.

How far is Blizzard going to go? Currently they are heading in the exact same direction as War Rock, which is truly a shame. Blizzard ignores basic economics, that I didn't even have to take classes to understand, and will keep milking WoW until it goes dry.

I am tired of Blizzard implenting more and more paid services on top of the monthly fee. Enough is enough, and I won't be going to Arenapass this year, as I'm not supporting greediness and exploitation of players. Some will probably feel forced to buy this service, while a big chunk of boys and girls will quit due to Blizzard's incompotence.
    Last edited by Stefy; 2011-05-19 at 11:22 PM.

I'm usually not the one to badmouth what blizz does, and I haven't played for a couple months; but for fucks' sake I can't believe that they really made it paid..... I'm not gonna say ohhhh i'm quitting, but that is simply a bad move.