Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,826

    How is L.A Noire?

    Update:

    Bought and beat

    Best game ever.

    Improvements i would add for a second one
    .the side missions being more linked together, less repedative, less random.
    .less drive time
    .side missions not being on the opposite side of the map from the main mission
    .bit more to do between side missions(take about a few min each) and the main story line
    .more customization. 5 suits when i beat the game, didnt cut it.
    .More weaponry. there were like 3 weapons you could use in the game. 5 at the end mission. would love to carry more than a pistol
    .better fight/shooting mechanics. they felt a bit dull.

    i know no 1 who made L.A Noires dev team is reading this site, however im sure some people here have gone to their websites forums (alot of sites have these) or disscussion boards.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2011-05-20 at 11:38 PM.

  2. #2
    It's amazing. Will get some hate though because its not a GTA clone. If you are expecting GTA but set in the 40s, you'll be disappointed. The game is very much about solving cases and if you like randomly killing people and paying hookers, you wont find it here.

  3. #3
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,826
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    It's amazing. Will get some hate though because its not a GTA clone. If you are expecting GTA but set in the 40s, you'll be disappointed. The game is very much about solving cases and if you like randomly killing people and paying hookers, you wont find it here.
    what game would you compare it to if its not gta? i was not expecting to commit crimes since ur a cop i did expect alot of puzzle aspects aswell.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    what game would you compare it to if its not gta? i was not expecting to commit crimes since ur a cop i did expect alot of puzzle aspects aswell.
    There is no game like it really.

  5. #5
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,826
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    There is no game like it really.
    now i really want to give this game a shot. is it sand box? or is it rail?

  6. #6
    Police Quest maybe?
    Anyway it's a good game, not perfect but better than most of the crap that gets put on the market today.

  7. #7
    It's a "sandbox" game. That's it's genre

  8. #8
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,826
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    It's a "sandbox" game. That's it's genre
    well this game has offically won me over.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,903
    Comparison on graphics between the 360 and PS3, takes a while to load.

    http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head...ot-comparison/

    Picking up my PS3 copy tonight

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    It's a "sandbox" game. That's it's genre
    There's not much sandbox though. The world is huge and open but you cant just go out and do whatever you want. You cant pull out your gun in the open, and its pretty much impossible to kill someone out in the open. That's not a downside though because that's not what the game is about.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    There's not much sandbox though. The world is huge and open but you cant just go out and do whatever you want. You cant pull out your gun in the open, and its pretty much impossible to kill someone out in the open. That's not a downside though because that's not what the game is about.
    Yea, i hit a pedestrian with a car, started freaking out because I wasnt sure if the game would penalise me or reset my mission because i killed a civilian. Instead they just got up, dusted themselves off and ran away. I was going pretty fast aswell, i was sure he died.

  12. #12
    It's not really a sandbox game.

    It's more like Mafia and a very plot driven game too.

  13. #13
    The Patient Kuhnta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    341
    When I first heard of this game I thought oh joy.. another crappy GTA game. After seeing review, youtube demo's etc I was still unsure. It was actually the gamestop commercials that I started seeing last week that finally convinced me.

    So far It's the only Rockstar game that I have truely enjoyed. (Red dead was meh and havn't tried Bully yet though)

    Kind of reminds me of one of this casual CSI games that you might see your mother playing, just more indept and less sciencey(on your part atleast).

  14. #14
    Like many others, i thought it was going to be a 1940's GTA. However, it really is so much more than that. Albeit, it is a bit slower paced than GTA and RDR, it is still easily my new favorite out of the 3. Would highly recommend it.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord haxs101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Good ol' Tennessee!
    Posts
    941
    To bad its not coming on PC.. I don't care if its a console port (Most are anyways..) I'd really like to play this game, watched a few videos and it looks really really good. Rockstar makes some pretty good games!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

  16. #16
    Never ever owned a console in my life... but Im thinking of buying a ps3 now just to get this game.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer malletin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    denmark
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    When I first heard of this game I thought oh joy.. another crappy GTA game. After seeing review, youtube demo's etc I was still unsure. It was actually the gamestop commercials that I started seeing last week that finally convinced me.

    So far It's the only Rockstar game that I have truely enjoyed. (Red dead was meh and havn't tried Bully yet though)

    Kind of reminds me of one of this casual CSI games that you might see your mother playing, just more indept and less sciencey(on your part atleast).
    if you like the idea of being a teenage troublemaker who mess with every single clique on the school and in the town then i can recommend bully, i enjoyed the game.
    "any man shaving for a woman should relinquish ownership of his testicles aswell"

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    To bad its not coming on PC.. I don't care if its a console port (Most are anyways..) I'd really like to play this game, watched a few videos and it looks really really good. Rockstar makes some pretty good games!
    Give it a bit of time, it will come out on PC I guarentee it.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 07:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    if you like the idea of being a teenage troublemaker who mess with every single clique on the school and in the town then i can recommend bully, i enjoyed the game.
    Bully was incredible. Or Canis Cadem Edit if you were in the UK.
    Im a big fan of music in games and Bully had one of the best scores of all the R* Games

  19. #19
    If i were to say it was the child of two games. i would say mafia II and Heavy rain.

  20. #20
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaa View Post
    If i were to say it was the child of two games. i would say mafia II and Heavy rain.
    ive heard of mafia not the other

    i am very impressed by the facial graphics and the emotion on the characters faces in the commercials the game looks very well done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •