Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    also if you do plan to play it on a PS3, have no fear.
    for me at least there has been no problems running it so far and I'm into the vice cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I own both consoles, but I decided 360 because while the PS3 graphics may be slightly better, it's nothing I'd notice I'm sure. I much prefer the 360 controller, the Playstation controllers have always just been a bit small and weird to hold

Exactly, Ps3 has some better shadows while xbox have better lights. Ps3 can have some better details aswell, but it's not even noticable (spelling?). Go go xbox, ps3 controllers suck.

All Assassin's Creed games actually look lot better on Xbox 360, pretty strange since it's a very graphical game.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Exactly, Ps3 has some better shadows while xbox have better lights. Ps3 can have some better details aswell, but it's not even noticable (spelling?). Go go xbox, ps3 controllers suck.

All Assassin's Creed games actually look lot better on Xbox 360, pretty strange since it's a very graphical game.
    If you want to have a good laugh, go compare Resident Evil 4 on GameCube and PS2.
    Last edited by Kankuri; 2011-05-21 at 07:19 AM. Reason: speling erors
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    If you want to have a good laugh, go compare Resident Evil 4 on GameCube and PS2.
    Hahaha, oh damn. No wonder Sony went all for graphics (and pretty much failed, since Xbox is 1% behind them, and in some games ahead of them).

I know that the Gamecube is a shit console, I really do, but dammit I love it. A large portion of that love can be attributed to playing the past 4 LoZ games on it in addition to SSBM

But we're way off topic: go rent LA Noire

Hahaha, oh damn. No wonder Sony went all for graphics (and pretty much failed, since Xbox is 1% behind them, and in some games ahead of them).
    The GameCube version actually looks much sharper and detailed compared to the PS2 version, which looks blurry and unfiltered.

EDIT: I can be on topic. I has L.A. Noire, and I lurves it.
    Last edited by Kankuri; 2011-05-21 at 07:23 AM. Reason: adishunal info

10+ Year Old Account
    The GameCube version actually looks much sharper and detailed compared to the PS2 version, which looks blurry and unfiltered.

here you go http://www.gameswelike.com/web/re/RE%20Comp.htm

Quote Originally Posted by GHP View Post
    Yeah dude. I bought it back when it first released on GameCube, and I had a buddy that got it on PS2 later on. I remember the first time I saw it, I was like, "Wait a second...this doesn't look right." So I put two TVs together and ran both at the same time.

GG Sony
    Last edited by Kankuri; 2011-05-21 at 07:44 AM. Reason: adishunal info

That's pretty much what I was pointing out, sony went 100% graphics for Ps3 and failed.

Without actually knowing per se anything about the consoles or looking anything up beyond what little I saw of the RE comparison, I'd guess the quality issues were more to do with it being a port than the Gamecube having better graphical capabilities than the PS2.

I could be totally wrong though

Deleted
    I really like it - only rented it mind you, and only completed my first "murder case"... but all in all I'm really enjoying it

However, the graphics are wierdly rubbish in an amazing way (if that makes sense) - you can really see every dimple and every wrinkle on their face, but sometimes I find it a little hard to make out their expressions...lol

deffinately get it if it interests you, worth it for a different style of game

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    There is no game like it really.
    Yes there is, it's called Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Eh id say controllers are a personal preferences, I own a PS3 and when I play on my bros 360 the controller feels weird.

I think Assassins Creed looks best on PC but, then again PC really doesn't count as consoles I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Eh id say controllers are a personal preferences
    Oh definitely, no question.

Got it today and is so much fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dnova03 View Post
    Hubby played Mafia 2 through Gamefly, would you say the aming and driving controls better than in Mafia?
    Haven't played Mafia 2, but the answer to the question is pretty moot, as there's nothing extremely remarkable about the aiming in this game, and the driving works fine. The big thing about it that makes it so, however, is the fact that you are rarely aiming or really needing to drive, as you only NEED to drive on chases or "sneaky" pursuits, and you only really NEED to aim on the very rare occasions where you actually have to shoot or threaten down someone, and even then, it has assisted targeting on the aim. And if you fail at these points, usually you can fail enough, and just restarting back a small bit, and it'll give you the option to skip the sequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    they want to use L.A Noires motion capture tech in assassins creed revelations

imagine assassins creed with L.A Noire acting...... AMAZING

I've not actually looked into L.A Noire much, but from what I gather it seems to be a game which would most likely be able to captivate my attention. I'm extremely interested in detective games, and from what I hear, what you get is a decent experience.
    It would be nice if i were actually able to afford the game! lmao!

Deleted
    shame it's not on the pc now I'll have to get it to my xbox 360

Sometimes I am just blown away by the visuals in the game. Like when the guy from Heroes is suddenly a suspect I'm like WHOA THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM! The voices and faces are unmatched. Every game that comes out after this that want's to be taken seriously needs to consider facial movement on this level.

The story is amazing, though i'm not going to lie, the driving gets old so I have my partner fast travel me everywhere. I have about 17 street crimes done and I dont bother with that shit anymore, I like the main story.

One thing I was curious about was the golden butterfly case. No matter which direction I went at the end, I got yelled at yet the next case went on like nothing bad happened... seemed like it was scripted wrong. Anyways, amazing game is amazing.

And lol at all the fat lazy people who complain about changing out discs.

And, the guy at gamestop tried to downplay the game to me when i bought it by saying: "the game is alright. It is pretty much just like GTA, even graphically".
    I see now, he has never played either game.