Remove Holy Power

After playing these last few months with our pseudo rogue mechanic its time to get rid of it. All of our abilities can go back to cooldowns and not tying (more like restricting) our class to those pain in the little symbols. Short and sweet post. Semper Paladin

Temple of Skullcrusher
    Last edited by cmt720; 2011-05-17 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Post originally said Blizzard at the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cmt720 View Post
    OK Blizzard,
    I stopped reading there.
    Wrong forum.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Despite you, as pointed out, barking up the wrong forums here, I would like to know why you find those little golden skittles so annoying. "Pseudo-Rogue mechanics", you say? Should we take away that "pseudo-Mage mechanic" under your health bar as well, and give you, I don't know, Focus instead? Rename the Focus to "Light" or something, and we're off to a good start on a bad idea. Then you'd be pseudo-Rogues in plate n' the occasional skirt.

Personally, what little experience I have of playing a Paladin, I like it. Both from a game-mechanical standpoint (it's a sweet buffer instead of Paladins being an all-out unload system), a utility/convenience angle (you can devote your HP to one of several abilities, notably substitute a WoG for your "usual" ability if things look dicey, etc.) and a lore perspective (defenders of the Holy Light become filled with more and more fervour as they dish out judgement and just retribution). Plus, "everyone" has their distinctions from all others who use the same power mechanic.

Well said reply.

I referred to our HP system that way because that is exactly what it is. A combo point system that builds points after the use of certain abilities and then you can use those points for something else. Its a combo point bar. Period. Our mana bar is not a "psuedo-mage mechanic" in anyway. We are a caster in plate. We use mana and has been that way since the dawn of paladins in gaming.

I'm not sure how this ended up posting twice on the forums but it did somehow. I think it was a mistake on my phone as I was posting in the car on my way to an appointment with my future property managers. So I apologize to the forum moderators for this.

My solution was pretty straight forward in my first post. Go back to CDs and having mana as our only resource to manage. I don't think paladins should be able to "all-out unload" just like any other class should not be able to go buck wild in a couple GCDs.

I posted in the other post which I hope you catch saying that if we are stuck using HP, then I want it to mean something when I use it. It takes a lot to build up and if so then when I use it I want to feel or someone else to feel the use of that. It just feels.... eh