Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    we killed it in 2 trys, it was a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like an amazing fight can't wait to do it
    My mind escapes me.

Deleted
    Doubt he's gonna make it to live with that low health pool though, clearly under tuned atm.

I think Blizz may have overdone it a little with Baleroc's weapon enchant visuals. *rubs his eyes*
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    I think Blizz may have overdone it a little with Baleroc's weapon enchant visuals. *rubs his eyes*
    The animation from Inferno Blade is a bit annoying as melee. :P
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

The health pool seemed reasonable given the encounter length, though if they added another 10 million we probably could have managed to keep going. Our healers felt that you could probably sustain the tank healing for quite awhile after we actually lost ours, but the stacks of Vital Spark (which is what the healers use to buff the tank's HP) cap out at 255, which means the per-healer cap is 510% increased healing on the tank.

That cap puts an upper limit on the HPS that healers can put out, so assuming you don't hit enrage, two hits from Decimation Blade (which hits a tank for 90% of his max HP) will eventually kill him because the healers don't have the HPS to heal him up between the 1st and 2nd hits. The tank's HP continues to increase indefinitely (which means Deci Blade hits do too), while the healers max out their HPS and can no longer increase it. It's probably not intended for the tank to dodge/parry deci blade hits, but ours was, so you can get lucky even if you do push the healers beyond their mathematical HPS limits by extending the fight time.
    Varnius 85 Warlock
    <Reckoning> Lightninghoof-US
    7/7 Heroic Firelands
    www.reckoningwow.com

Seems undertuned, since theres so many kill videos around, and he is supposed to be after the 4 first bosses. Anyways, fight sounds fun, and doesn't hate on melee! Yay!

Deleted
    Looks a bit like a tank and spank fight to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Yeah, Inferno Blade made me sad...until Skrillex kicked in. At that point, I forgot I had a WoW video playing.
    BfA Beta Time

It is kind of a tank and spank, and probably looks that way, but it actually requires a lot of engagement from the DPS.

The only way to make the tank take increased healing is for healers to stack a buff on themselves that they only get by healing one of the DPS afflicted by Torment. Torment is a stacking shadow dot that hits a DPS closest to a crystal shard that Baleroc periodically spawns in melee. Without a cooldown of some sort, 12-13 seconds of Torment (at 1 stack per second) will kill a player in 3 seconds.

When Torment ends on a player, they get a debuff on them that pretty much gets them owned by Torment if they try to take another one within the next 40 seconds. But, if nobody's taking Torment stacks, the shards AOE the raid down with shadow novas. So, you have to manage it so that the first DPS takes Torment stacks and then gets a 40 second break when their Torment is over. A player can't have Torment (without a CD) for longer than about 13 seconds, or it will probably kill them... although as it turns out, you can disperse, bubble, or ice block the debuff to stack Torment really high without dying (probably not intended to be able to immune it and keep stacking the dot).

The fight concept calls for a very coordinated rotation of DPS to ensure that they each take it for about 12 seconds in order, with shards despawning every 25 seconds, and new ones spawning about every 30 seconds. It's pretty simple to establish that rotation, but it does require the DPS to be on the ball or risk either having the raid AOE'd down (damage from this seemed too low) or someone who recently had Torment getting the debuff again and dying.
    Varnius 85 Warlock
    <Reckoning> Lightninghoof-US
    7/7 Heroic Firelands
    www.reckoningwow.com