Monitor Wont Work after Build

I just built my computer, plugged everything in, and turned it on, my monitor wont respond or turn on at all.

My build is: NZXT Phantom case, 8gigs G.Skill ram (2 X 4GB), SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Harddrive, Lite-On optical drive, Intel i5-2500k, MSI P67A-C43 Mobo, Rosewill Lightning 800W Power supply (modular), HIS H697FT2G2M Radeon HD 6970 2GB Graphics card,

Monitor im using: AOC E2343FK 23" monitor

At first my computer only turns on for less than 1 sec, I found out that my Graphics card has Two connectors , 1 6pin PCI-E connector, and 1 8pin connector. My graphics card turns on without those two (Is that normal, I can tell because i cut my finger on the Graphics Card Fan (Ouch))? It also works with the 6pin connector, but when i use my adaptor I got with it (2 Molar connectors to 8pin) my computer wont power on at all.
    I put the graphics card in my PCI-E Express slot (Blue) , and put the Ram sticks in my Dual Channel slot too

So I used only the 6pin PCI-E connector only, When I start up my computer, my monitor wont respond. The fans and other things go on , but not the monitor. (Im using a DVI to VGA Adaptor my Graphics Card came with), I tried it on my old monitor too, it wont work. I think I put everything in correctly, used Motherboard Standoffs, I have an anti static wristwrap, I installed the CPU and an Aftermarket cooler heatsink, it wont work.

P.S i have a lot of extra pins on my Mobo that arent connected to anything , I dont think I have any other things to plug in. Help

What I plugged in: Front Panel Connectors (Power, Reset, etc), 20+4pin mobo power, 4+4 Pin connector, Fan connectors, etc. hard drive SATA and power, Optical drive power.
    Last edited by Dyss; 2011-05-18 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plug in an 8 pin and a 6 pin power connector... You have to have both of those plugged in, don't use just one or the other.

I did. My card comes with an adaptor (2 Molar to an 8Pin), it wont start at all

That power supply should have 6+2 pin connectors (i.e. 8 pins, but you can disconnect 2 of them and move them to the side to plug in a 6 pin slot) Try using one of those instead of using an adapter to get the 8 pins

Hmm, ill try that. Thanks ^_^

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 05:12 AM ----------

It worked! Thanks HEAPS man

I didn't realize you needed a the 8pin so the monitor can power on!