Graphics Card Question

I recently bought a Radeon 5670 card, it runs WoW on Ultra at around 50-70fps, and 25fps in 25 man raids. However in RIFT I get 18-20 fps no matter where I am.

What is a a better graphics card in the $100-$150 range. if you could link me one, that would be great. I would like a steady 50+ fps on WoW whether im in town or a raid.

I know it is out of your price range, but the GTX560 Ti is the best price/performance card on the market. If you can... get it. If not, the 460 should be around that price and it is pretty good.

GTX 460 768MB version fits into that price range, and should be pretty good. I can tell you the 1GB version I had before getting my 580 could run WoW at 60fps with most graphics settings turned to ultra...the 768MB version shouldn't be too far behind. I'm not as familiar with ATI/AMD graphics cards to know what's best in that price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    GTX 460 768MB version fits into that price range, and should be pretty good. I can tell you the 1GB version I had before getting my 580 could run WoW at 60fps with most graphics settings turned to ultra...the 768MB version shouldn't be too far behind. I'm not as familiar with ATI/AMD graphics cards to know what's best in that price range.

XFX HD6850 pretty much pummels the 768MB version of the GTX 460 and is $146.99 after mail-in-rebate... though the 768MB version is cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think an nVidia card would be a safer bet since he mentioned RIFT, GTX460 1gb would be ideal:
    Here's a sexy EVGA GTX460 1gb SE, $145 or $115 after rebate: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-591-_-Product

Not biased or anything, it's just that a ton of people in RIFT have reported very low FPS with their AMD cards....you can wait for the issue to be resolved, or go with the product that IS working well at the moment
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-05-18 at 06:25 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Got same problem with my HD 5850. Also need to buy new RAM to run smoother. Atm running on a AM2+ motherboard with an AM3 CPU. Maybe you got the same problem, slow RAM due to old motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I think an nVidia card would be a safer bet since he mentioned RIFT, GTX460 1gb would be ideal:
    Here's a sexy EVGA GTX460 1gb SE, $145 or $115 after rebate: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-591-_-Product

Not biased or anything, it's just that a ton of people in RIFT have reported very low FPS with their AMD cards....you can wait for the issue to be resolved, or go with the product that IS working well at the moment
    Meh, I have no choice but to agree... I get shit for FPS with my 6870 in RIFT. Trion needs to get their shit together because an MMO that runs well on one card but crap on another alienates a loooooot of people.

I have an amd phenom qaud core processor, 4gb ram. I just ordered another 2gb of ram and a 600watt pwr supply today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Meh, I have no choice but to agree... I get shit for FPS with my 6870 in RIFT. Trion needs to get their shit together because an MMO that runs well on one card but crap on another alienates a loooooot of people.
    IMO it's not Trion's fault that the game isn't running nicely on AMD cards. They'll simply say "but RIFT runs fine on nVidia cards, it's AMD's problem if their cards don't run our game as smoothly". If there is a fix on the horizon, I'm 95% sure it'll involve AMD releasing drivers that can handle RIFT better instead of Trion releasing a patch so their game runs on AMD cards better. I'll be blamed on AMD to do the catching-up
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    IMO it's not Trion's fault that the game isn't running nicely on AMD cards. They'll simply say "but RIFT runs fine on nVidia cards, it's AMD's problem if their cards don't run our game as smoothly". If there is a fix on the horizon, I'm 95% sure it'll involve AMD releasing drivers that can handle RIFT better instead of Trion releasing a patch so their game runs on AMD cards better. I'll be blamed on AMD to do the catching-up
    Meh, I can guarentee that it's not a problem on AMD's end. For a while, RIFT ran like crap on both brands, but a couple patches ago it was fixed for nVidia cards and AMD performance actually worsened... man I'm glad I don't play RIFT right now, I'd be really pissed off. Game developers need to stop being so goddamned lazy and give us some damned optimized games and stop blaming someone else.

But really, this bullshit with one video card manufacturer being bed fellows with a game developer needs to stop, as it ends up fucking over half of the PC gamers out there one way or another. I'm waiting for someone else to come in and just obliterate both camps.