10+ Year Old Account

Archeology Helper Addon issue

The issue isn't so much for me as it is for a friend.

its the archaeology helper add on. in the addon's list it has the "by biasha" next to it. i've found it to come in pretty handy. I use it. and i convinced my friend to try it now she likes it so much she doesn't like doing any digging unless she has it. And that's the problem.

For some reason with the last patch (rise of the zandalari) it just stopped working. it was working fine till we tried to update addons. got all the important stuff like dbm and so on, downloaded, and it all works fine. we come to the archaeology helper: we re downloaded it even though it looked like it hasn't been updated in a while. mine works perfectly fine. for some reason her's doesn't work what so ever. she put the files in the addons folder but it doesn't appear in the addon's list at all. she even deleted the folder 100% then re downloaded it and still nothing. the Gathermate2 and gathermate2_data that it seems to work along with works but the archaeology helper addon is a no go.

i've been scanning the forums with no luck for a while now. found other issues people have had but most were older posts of which i assume have been resolved. she seems to really like this one so it might take some convincing if she needs to find a new addon. which shouldn't be necessary anyway. Mine works fine. Any and all help would be appreciated.
    O.o

Quote Originally Posted by kinreal View Post
    The issue isn't so much for me as it is for a friend.

its the archaeology helper add on. in the addon's list it has the "by biasha" next to it. i've found it to come in pretty handy. I use it. and i convinced my friend to try it now she likes it so much she doesn't like doing any digging unless she has it. And that's the problem.

For some reason with the last patch (rise of the zandalari) it just stopped working. it was working fine till we tried to update addons. got all the important stuff like dbm and so on, downloaded, and it all works fine. we come to the archaeology helper: we re downloaded it even though it looked like it hasn't been updated in a while. mine works perfectly fine. for some reason her's doesn't work what so ever. she put the files in the addons folder but it doesn't appear in the addon's list at all. she even deleted the folder 100% then re downloaded it and still nothing. the Gathermate2 and gathermate2_data that it seems to work along with works but the archaeology helper addon is a no go.

i've been scanning the forums with no luck for a while now. found other issues people have had but most were older posts of which i assume have been resolved. she seems to really like this one so it might take some convincing if she needs to find a new addon. which shouldn't be necessary anyway. Mine works fine. Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Try installing BugSack addon, and check if BugSack reports a lua error message about the Archaeology addon. If you get such an error, post
    it here.

Also check in the TOC file of the addon, which version number it has. So that it loads it should be 40100 (and not 40000)!

If it is not appearing in the addons list, assuming you mean the one on the character login screen then that means it has not been properly installed.
    Ensure you are extracting the archive, and copying the resulting folder to the correct location.
    I am using that same addon myself without problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    Try installing BugSack addon, and check if BugSack reports a lua error message about the Archaeology addon. If you get such an error, post
    it here.

Also check in the TOC file of the addon, which version number it has. So that it loads it should be 40100 (and not 40000)!
    Checked the .Toc file that we could find. On my computer i had to pick a program to read it with. i just used Notepad. the ## Interface showed 40000 for the both of us. though Mine still works and her's does not. so i guess that's Not the problem.

She hasn't tried the Bugsack addon idea yet though. she wants to try other ideas before having to download anything. it is the internet after all. No offense to anyone. =/

as for the archive, copy to the correct location idea neither of us are very up on computer stuff so neither of us have and idea of where the archive is or where we'd be copying the folder to. like what location to put this archive folder.

so as it stands she is still doing all the same things as me but my addon is working and for some reason her's is not. what other ideas are there?
    O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    okay so my friend just told me that she re downloaded the addon again a few more times and apparently its working now. while i didn't get many responses thanks for the help anyway.
    O.o