Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    well if you yourself cant afford the premium-service, maybe one of your crossserver-friends can, then youre good to go too.

also theres no real detail on the features of the premium account yet. i hihgly believe theres gonna be some additional benefits from going premium. maybe something like a vip-priority on their servers when packages are being read, maybe this would increase the ping a lil.
    And that would be TERRIBLE.

The point of this being a P2P game with hard stances on RMT is that everyone plays on the same level so that everyone can enjoy the game without having to have more money IRL to make the game work.

The MORE they add that would affect in-game gameplay, the worse this 'premium status' gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

"We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
    --Rob Pardo, Blizzard's Senior Vice President of Game Design (2/20/2008)"

And then, 3 years later, we feel betrayed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinah View Post
    3 years is a -long- time in the software industry.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by kalinah View Post
    You can feel however you damn well please, but from what little we know about the RealID group feature it affords you no advantage over anyone who had the presence of mind to roll their character on the same server as their friends and the luck that none of them decided to set up shop someone else.

Or the folks who are perfectly content to run dungeons with strangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You must be kidding, right? Wow is certainly not the one and only reason you buy a computer... But if yes... you could also count your apartment, food and clothing expenses as the cost of WoW, because you know you can't play it on the street naked while starving.
    Hahahaha!

I was gonna reply to his argument that it's ridiculous to add the costs of a computer to the subscription but what you said is even more hilarious!

Also, I do not support their premium services either. As said before, things like this often lead to more and more services familiar until they will start handing out characters at certain levels and epics and what not.. because well it does not affect end game raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You can feel however you damn well please, but from what little we know about the RealID group feature it affords you no advantage over anyone who had the presence of mind to roll their character on the same server as their friends and the luck that none of them decided to set up shop someone else.

Or the folks who are perfectly content to run dungeons with strangers.

WoW has grown considerably in playbase since Vanilla. It's not unheard of to come across a new friend (or an old one) in real life and learn that they also play this game.

When that happens, it's always this weird conversation. Find out what server they are on. Is it yours? No, never. Well...I guess...yeah we'll never play together sorry.

It's not just people that lacked "presence of mind to roll their character on the same server as their friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Hahahaha!

I was gonna reply to his argument that it's ridiculous to add the costs of a computer to the subscription but what you said is even more hilarious!

Also, I do not support their premium services either. As said before, things like this often lead to more and more services familiar until they will start handing out characters at certain levels and epics and what not.. because well it does not affect end game raiding?
    Baseless speculation is baseless, but hey it's fun right?

And almost surely once the paid expansion/subscription model has run its course WoW will morph over into a f2p micro-transaction type business model and Titan will be Blizzard's primary subscription model focus.

Things change nothing to stoke up your outraged selves about. If you are this outraged about a game, you must be pulling your hair out about the change in policy towards a Palestinian state. I feel you there.

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rotagitsni View Post
    WoW has grown considerably in playbase since Vanilla. It's not unheard of to come across a new friend (or an old one) in real life and learn that they also play this game.

When that happens, it's always this weird conversation. Find out what server they are on. Is it yours? No, never. Well...I guess...yeah we'll never play together sorry.

It's not just people that lacked "presence of mind to roll their character on the same server as their friends"
    Is what Blizzard has proposed charging for standard practice already on other MMOs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotagitsni View Post
    Yeah. Over time people might make friends on different servers. I still don't see the explanation of the gameplay advantage this feature provides.

You know, the thing Blizzard promised they wouldn't add and people feel betrayed over them now... Not... Adding...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh if we could have change blizz mind it would already have happend on the us forums alone ther wher 6k+ replies in the offical thread.
    And blizz did not reply 1 time so. I think blizz is just w8ting for this to fly over and then implent it.