Deleted

WoW is taking alot of my RAM

Is it normal for WoW to use up to 1gig RAM?

I have 4 gig RAM total and WoW is using 1 gig of that.

Also, don't know if this is anyhow connected, but since last patch 4.1a or what it's called, my FPS dropped from a steady 30 to low 15 in average.

I need help.

Edit: Atm I'm running WoW, iTunes, MSN and Google Chrome and my RAM usage is at 70%, is this normal for a decent stationary computer?
    Last edited by mmoc2ee054e11f; 2011-05-18 at 09:12 AM.

RAM useage is normal.

FPS drop is not. "Optimise network for speed" and "Graphics API" settings could be the issue. As could addons.

You wouldnt happen to have dual monitor setup and then streaming on the off screen? ive noticed personally that it can eat up quite the bit of ram if i stream while playing wow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    RAM useage is normal.

FPS drop is not. "Optimise network for speed" and "Graphics API" settings could be the issue. As could addons.
    Ok, good to know.

Well my Graphics API is at DirectX9, since I don't have 11.

Turned of the Optimize but no difference, yes, it might be addons, but I don't know which it could be, since I've only updated addons and not downloaded any new ones.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoran View Post
    You wouldnt happen to have dual monitor setup and then streaming on the off screen? ive noticed personally that it can eat up quite the bit of ram if i stream while playing wow
    I've only got one screen connected to my computer, so.

Go into your addons and make sure you don't load out of date addons. Sign out of WoW update all of your addons, and then sign back in and enable all of your addons that you updated. When 4.2 came out i had a lag fest in stormwind because recount and healbot weren't updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, note that later windows versions utilizes your unused RAM to store programm data and cache, for faster operation of your computer(W7). Less free RAM does not neccesarily mean a faster computer, so don't be frightened when you think you're 'running out of RAM' and upgrade or something. If the CPU needs the RAM it just gets overwritten.