Poll: Is it good and does it live up to the previous movies?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    They used the Queen Anns revenge's flame-thrower for the mermaid part of the movie(spoiler: to make them swim to shore to be caught), thats the only reason I came up with but yeah the plot was quite poor, and in my opinon it's being getting worse since the first movie.

I forgot, at the start the guy who told the Spanish about it, it didn't reveal how he knew about any of it.
    Last edited by Purifier; 2011-06-04 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Well I liked it a lot, but I'll post below the way I understood things.

1. Scary.. pretty much just to show he was a bad guy that made people into zombies.. also at least one of the zombies had some special gifts.

2. They threw it off the cliff to see if he would die / get hurt by throwing himself off.. and If you stayed until the end of the movie you'd see it again

3. Not the same spanish guys.. those ships were from some old (spanish) adventurer.

4. Badass weapon? edit: - and mermaids.

5. Its easier I guess? and no matter what, having people to help you, and fight with / for you isn't a bad thing.

6. That just depends what you like I guess.. I thought it was great

7. Yeah I have no idea.. maybe I'll get it when I watch again.

---------- Post added 2011-06-04 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snoogle View Post

I guess that the spanish didn't want to destroy the chalices until they found the temple, considering you needed them to enter it. They ruined them pretty bad (atleast they thought so) once they got there, though!
    Ah.... right. one of the only things I didn't understand
    Last edited by mmoca172a76622; 2011-06-04 at 11:00 AM.

And your post coupled with the previous two films are exactly why as soon as i saw this advertised i face palmed and said, "not another."

Deleted
    I agree there where quite some plot holes, however, I have some theories (not on all of them) and I still enjoyed this movie more than part 3 :P

1. - Dunno, they seemed to have a bit too much human traits later on to be Undead IMHO xD however supposed it was used to explain Blackbeard using magic and being shown as a bad guy.

2. - I was expecting the doll would last till the end of the movie, but yeah, this was rather, weird.

3. - Wasn't the ship a French ship? and what you talking about? I didn't see any crew other than that moving corpse in the bed.

4. - It was also used to herd the mermaids, which is quite an important part considering how Blackbeard needed a mermaid.

5. - I assume they were there to help on parts where the ship couldn't reach(like carry the mermaid) to lure the mermaids and at first it was supposed to be Jack Sparrow impersonator leading the ship, until Jack ruined the disguise and they had to change the plan a bit.

6. - Barbossa didn't make that much appearances, the Priest was too clichè IMHO(Just another love story), other than that I didn't have any problem with it, opinions differ eh :P

7. - I suppose they wanted to sell the chalices at first (seeing how one guy is cleaning them up) or keep them as trophies.

8. Ghost? Wasn't that the keeper of the 8 pieces of 9 from the 3rd movie? I can't remember he died? I just thought he showed up and then dissapeared quickly.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-06-04 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    5. Why does Blackbeard need a crew if he can sail the ship by himself?
    I think this pretty much sums up the whole movie.....

yeah I was very much annoyed by this movie I really hope they just let the franchise die now, as they've gotten steadily worse since the first one. This last effort was just.... pointless, the story was unfocussed and boring, they somehow managed to have TOO much going on, but have the film still be boring, and apart from maybe one or two lines, the film wasn't that funny, and Jack was WAY off his best.

I strongly hope(but sadly doubt) this is the last we'll be seeing of the Pirates of the Caribbean
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged duplicate threads.

I liked it.

The previous 3 were a hard act to follow, and in that respect, I think it was really good.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

For me the movie was incredibly boring. And for a pirate movie to not have a SINGLE sea battle is a crime. Barbosa was under used and many of the things jack did where too far over the top. What was the point of the preacher? I have no clue. But it was better than dead mans chest if that means anything. Of the three movies I have seen this summer it was the worst (thor and xmen the other two.) 6.5/10 (gets a .5 cause I love Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush)

If it wasn't a potc movie it would have been good on its own but because it had a standard to live up too it wasn't so good.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Second best of the series after Black Pearl. That being said, it is a distant second to Black Pearl. I loathed 2 and 3 with the exception of the Davey Jones character.

Thumbs up if you think The Preacher will return to the surface world as Poseidon and, indoctrinated by the mermaids, is going to unleash tridenty lightning fury upon the world.

thumbs down if I beat you to this incredible theorycraft

Deleted
    It was okay, better than 2 and 3, not close to 1.

3D did nothing for me, could only really see it during the mermaid scene.

No real 'comedy' untill the last 15 minutes. Why not sooner? That is the good part about Jack Sparrow!

Rather louzy story, but a lot of visual eye-candy.

Would recommend it for a regular viewing, not in the theaters.