Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Alshar, you should check out that thread about "Will we ever have real news again". It appears you have been watching too much Rachel Maddow. You should really get a more objective view. Both Democrats and Republicans are equally responsible for the plutocracy.

And don't tell me about "my side". I'm not republican, I'm not democrat.

And no, cutting taxes is not spending. Otherwise everything the government does not tax can be considered spending, which would be absurd.
    You think the government owns everything you earn, and out of pure gracefullness they let you keep some of it right?
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2011-05-18 at 02:02 PM.

People don't seem to get that whether your Democrat or Republican, 99% of politicians are not in the game because of altruism. The more money they can spend, the more power they have, which doesn't work very efficiently with our system of legalized bribery (ie lobbyists). Maybe we would have a reasonable government if anyone wanting to go into politics took a lifetime vow of poverty, with the government furnishing them a reasonably comfortable life but them being permanently limited to a certain amount of net worth.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Alshar, you should check out that thread about "Will we ever have real news again". It appears you have been watching too much Rachel Maddow. You should really get a more objective view. Both Democrats and Republicans are equally responsible for the plutocracy.

And don't tell me about "my side". I'm not republican, I'm not democrat.
    Rachel Maddow is an entertainer, no different then Glen Beck. Again, the facts check out. Senators have to reveal where they get their campaign donations from. Don't you find it odd that the 48 nays received over 50 million in donations as a collective from big oil, and the yays only 5? I also want to LMFAO@Tea Party. So much for reducing deficits and cutting entitlements eh? 21 Billion is a pretty big check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alshar View Post
    Rachel Maddow is an entertainer, no different then Glen Beck. Again, the facts check out. Senators have to reveal where they get their campaign donations from. Don't you find it odd that the 48 nays received over 50 million in donations as a collective from big oil, and the yays only 5?
    Yes, most of the Repunlicans voting for this bill probably have their personal economic interests in place. Does that mean that when the Democrats vote for spending that gives money to lobby groups that support them, they are also corrupt? Yes, yes it does.

Its not like the American people seem to care anyway

just a few shoutouts:
    -Iraq
    -Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (Paulson Plan)
    -Patriot Act

As long as the people do not care, their nation will stay corrupted

lol clueless hit you at birth..sorry dude do more research

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The fact that Filibuster even still exist proves a problem. The infamous "talk a bill to death" is one of the worse abomination that the constitution has. This move is just beyond stupid. Also, why the hell didn't the committee actually vote to end the filibuster, (you actually can with majority vote, however it practically makes you unable to filibuster because its hypocritical).

Edit: There's also a reason why a lot of bills in the past has so many earmarks that its retarded (its been less now because Obama is vetoing practically every bill with earmarks). Corruption at its finest, yup...
    lol he only veto's the ones that he doesn't agree to...man people you have a way of closing their eyes when their heroes do stupid/bad things

You can't cut taxes on the wealthy and corporations for 30 years, and expect a budget to remain balanced. The money has to come from somewhere, and since Reagan, that money has come on the backs of the middle class, poor and elderly. Which of course, doesn't work because they have less money to pay into taxes to begin with. Trickle down doesn't work, anyone with half an IQ looking at our budgets over the last 30 years can see that. I'm sorry if you get offended by my statement that you would have to be a moron to not see it, but frankly your side has been playing playground bully for far too long.

And yes, the Dems do filibuster......bad legislation by evil Republicans
    Actually, 40+% of households make a profit from our tax system from not paying taxes, and receiving tax credits. Ho hum. Wheras my 10% of the bracket accounts for 75% of tax revenue. Hardly coming on the backs of the poor and middle class, my friend.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

Tax Cuts ARE spending. It's giving away revenue, which is a roundabout way of spending. You can't cut taxes on the wealthy and corporations for 30 years, and expect a budget to remain balanced. The money has to come from somewhere, and since Reagan, that money has come on the backs of the middle class, poor and elderly. Which of course, doesn't work because they have less money to pay into taxes to begin with. Trickle down doesn't work, anyone with half an IQ looking at our budgets over the last 30 years can see that. I'm sorry if you get offended by my statement that you would have to be a moron to not see it, but frankly your side has been playing playground bully for far too long. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The time for polite discourse is over. We live in a Plutocracy, this is an undeniable fact. Reaganomics have ruined this country, and everyone who has voted GoP in the last 30 years is at fault.

lol you sir are blind...if you want to be like china then yes what you are saying is correct..but i got news for you i don't want to be china...this is a free market and if the dipshit politicians would just stay out of the way and create a fair tax system..then we would be swimming in jobs and money...you can't over tax the ones who create jobs and at the same time create so much regulation that it has companies begging for mercy and expect to have a growing economy...this gov't in fact should lower taxes on everybody...i mean look at our infrastructure..its crumbling...don't tell me thats why they need to raise taxes...they need to spend the money wisely..instead of giving it away to shitbag countries that only want to do us harm and anyone else that gets in their way..and on stupid research like why monkeys have hair..or anything else ridiclous that you can think of..this gov't probably spends money on it...they don't own the wealth of this country and they certainly didn't create it...the taxes they do collect is our money and they should spend it wisely...end of rage..by the way i do not support any kind of welfare what so ever...they only thing you are assurd of at birth is your going to die someday...you want something..get off you bum and work for it

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdeath View Post
    they need to spend the money wisely..instead of giving it away to shitbag countries that only want to do us harm and anyone else that gets in their way.....you want something..get off you bum and work for it
    Amen. And Amen.

While you guys are arguing about tax cuts and where money is going, let's talk about where it's NOT going that it should be going.

Hello, I'm a paraprofessional at a local high school. My primary job is taking care of lesson planning and teaching for Sped (special education kids who need individualized learning) kids. Two weeks ago, I was informed that because of state budget cuts as a result of federal education cuts, I would be out of my job by the end of this school year with no severence. On top of that, 60% of the public school system funding for Special Education Programs (which were already foundering in rotten grain bins) was going to be cut along with me. "Don't worry," they said, "You aren't the only one." Like that was going to help the children who would not be receiving individualized help anymore. Oh, and by the way? My austistic son who is six years old? Won't receive special education services now until he's in fifth grade - they can't afford to have an elementary educator on his campus that deals with Sped kids.

So while you idiots are sitting here bitching about the oil companies and the welfare they recieve, put your eyes where they really need to be: On the federal government who is taking money FROM education and giving it to these foreign countries. Or to the oil companies that don't need it. Let's talk about the thousands turned down from Medicaid every year because of small red tape laws designed to cut people from the program. Hundreds of children die everyday from common medical problems that could be solved with medications (that can cost thousands a month) - if the parents could afford insurance. Let's talk about the BILLIONS of dollars spent on useless standardized testing that puts money in politician's pockets. Where are the programs that Obama promised? In the pockets of oil CEO's and politicians. That's where.

If you're sitting at home bitching that nothing is changing, how about you go get a job? Register to vote. Volunteer at your community schools. The reason America is going down the drain is because people take no pride in the control they have over the government. Do you know what would happen if even just 80% of available voters chose to vote? There would be a massive overhaul of the government system - not because the "government" chose to change, but because we, the people, chose to change it for our own good.

So, imo, quit bitching and start doing something about it. I vote. I volunteer - I have a voice. How about you speak up with yours where it counts?
    My RP Characters: Jaayla and Miroze
    Andelormon and Miroze ~ Always Together - My Art Thingy

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it's not limited to oil or Republicans. Ethanol ring a bell for anybody? Did General Electric (firmly in bed with Dems) pay any taxes last year? The Pigford settlement? Billions in U.S. Import/Export Bank loan guarantees so that oil can be drilled by Petrobas (read, Soros) and other South American countries?

IMHO, subsidies or tax breaks to achieve something positive, such as investment in new technologies or exploration in new areas, should be encouraged, but subsidies to prop up dying technologies or to support outright fraud (Pigford) is wasteful, at best, and corrupt, at worst.

Tax Cuts ARE spending. It's giving away revenue, which is a roundabout way of spending.
    No. No. No. No. NO! Revenue has to be collected to be counted. Lets put it this way. I say "I'll give you $10." You say "No thanks, I only want $8." Your revenue here is $8, not $10. You did not give me the extra $2; it was already mine. You did not spend the $2 by virtue of not collecting it.

Now if you want to argue that government has no place messing with the free market in terms of tax loopholes or actual subsidies for anybody, then I would support that idea 100%. But the fact of the matter is both sides give benifits to those that support them, and both sides are dumb for doing it.

The rest of that post? Yeah, thats so hard core liberal talking points I wont even bother. Lets just say that everything in it is false because it is based on the assumption that wealth is a zero sum game.

Edit: Grammar is fun
    Last edited by TheIinTeam; 2011-05-18 at 03:18 PM.

Tax Cuts ARE spending. It's giving away revenue, which is a roundabout way of spending. You can't cut taxes on the wealthy and corporations for 30 years, and expect a budget to remain balanced. The money has to come from somewhere, and since Reagan, that money has come on the backs of the middle class, poor and elderly. Which of course, doesn't work because they have less money to pay into taxes to begin with. Trickle down doesn't work, anyone with half an IQ looking at our budgets over the last 30 years can see that. I'm sorry if you get offended by my statement that you would have to be a moron to not see it, but frankly your side has been playing playground bully for far too long. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The time for polite discourse is over. We live in a Plutocracy, this is an undeniable fact. Reaganomics have ruined this country, and everyone who has voted GoP in the last 30 years is at fault.

Every post you have made is pretty idiotic. You have NO clue how the economy works or anything about economics. Tax cuts ARE NOT spending, they are considered gains, ie revenue. Just because they dont recieve the tax money, does not make it spending.

If you truely want to blame someone, dont blame Bush or Reagan, blame Bill Clinton. Look into his deregulations in 1997. THOSE are the start of the collapse of our economy. The man even said so himself, yet you hear nothing of that.

Yes, Gas prices will go up if they lose the tax subsidies. Stockholders dont give two tirds about the price of gas, they care about profits.

Im sure you little brain will come up with something in response to what I have to say, but since I KNOW the facts, youll only make yourself look even more like a, well, you fill it in.

P.S. I am neither a Democrat or Republican - They both are shit in my book. Neither seem to have a clue at what the people really NEED, but only give them what they WANT.

Let the price of gas rise IMO. It's he same argument that the republicans use to for kicking out illegal aliens. Yes the price of goods will rise, but I'm willing to pay more if it means bringing some common sense back into this issue. We can't say that we want to end our dependence on (the finite supply of) oil and at the same time leave huge tax incentives on the table to support business as usual. Free market is free.

Personally I'm tired of jobs and the economy being held hostage every time taking away subsidies or raising taxes if mentioned.

"If this happens people will lose jobs!" "Prices will raise!"

Good. Let them. I'd rather that than America no longer being by the people, for the people, and instead be for the highest bidder.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Rachel Maddow is an entertainer, no different then Glen Beck.
    Man thats a hell of a false conflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Personally I'm tired of jobs and the economy being held hostage every time taking away subsidies or raising taxes if mentioned.

"If this happens people will lose jobs!" "Prices will raise!"

Good. Let them. I'd rather that than America no longer being by the people, for the people, and instead be for the highest bidder.
    The best part is that people still lose jobs and the prices rise anyway, even with those subsidies and tax cuts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Man thats a hell of a false conflation.
    Rachel Maddow is more like Bill O'reilly.

Glenn Becks TV show was a totally different format etc.

Never really understood the Left's demonization of oil companies.

Well, that's not totally true. When I was driving my neice to her ballet lessons, we drove past an electrical power plant and she said to me "I hate the people who work in there..." Keep in mind that she was only 7. She's clearly been brainwashed by the communist "Green" Left to hate human progress in the form of technology and energy development.

Oil companies are GREAT. They create insane amounts of wealth and employ whole sh*t loads of people and they generate massive amounts of tax revenue. All while providing us with the foundational material for our entire modern civilization at a low, affordable price.

The Left's demonization of corporations in general really irks me. It's an expression of their left-wing, Marxist, anti-capitalism worldview and nothing more.

Corporations are fantastic. They create all of my favorite material things in life. My cars, my sports bikes, my computer, my iPad, my clothes, my food, the highly advanced miracle drugs and medical equipment I might need some day, etc, etc, etc. All the while employing countless millions of people.

Meanwhile, what have you hippy collectivists ever produced for humanity besides BO? That's what I thought...

Also, you clueless leftists act as if corporations STOLE their wealth from you. Nope. They created it.

By all means leftists, create an iPad, employ thousands of people and enrich people's lives all across the globe.

Stop pretending that the only thing holding you back in this world is this "horrible, Christian, conservative, capitalist, corporate society... FOREVER ALONE!!!1" *eye roll*

Besides, you leftists should LOVE corporations. They generate tons of wealth and thus tons of taxable income. Which is absolutely ESSENTIAL for bankrolling your beloved government programs.

Way to shoot yourself in the foot you... *deep sigh*

Without corporations, especially oil corporations, our quality of life would PLUMMET.

Think leftist Detroit/Soviet Union type living standards if you got your way...
    Last edited by Yuckers; 2011-05-18 at 06:34 PM.

Never really understood the Left's demonization of oil companies.
    Funny, we just think its a bad idea to subsidize companies making record profits when we have a deficit problem.

But don't let that get in the way of your nice straw man there.

By all means leftists, create an iPad
    *snicker*

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 06:39 PM ----------

the highly advanced miracle drugs and medical equipment I might need some day, etc, etc, etc.
    You know the government is one of the largest funders of medical research right? No you probably don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Funny, we just think its a bad idea to subsidize companies making record profits when we have a deficit problem
    You do realize that TONS of businesses get subsidies. The Oil companies getting them is normal. If you want to cut subsidies, cut them to everyone. You can't just pick the "big bad" oil company for targeting.

Let's just mention subsidies to farmers, specifically corn farms, that artificially keep prices low. Billions of dollars spent on that for an artificial market. Then they use the idea of "hey let's use corn as a biofuel because it's cheap!" which is terribly ironic since they paid money to make it cheap.