Deleted

Why is there no industry standard 200mm fans?

This is a minor point but slightly annoying. I'll have an NZXT Phantom arriving soon and mounting a CoolIT r-120 on the back, so I'm ordering a second 200mm exhaust fan. But I have to buy the NZXT one.

Does anyone know why case manufacturers use odd sizes? In this case it's actually a 192mm fan.

So that you're forced to buy overpriced proprietary shit supplies. It's been one of the cornerstones of business for best part of last hundred years.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is actually a very very small market for larger fans, computers (cases) are getting (on the whole) smaller... not bigger. You will also find that people tend to prefer using 2 fans rather than one large single fan.

Because the effectiveness between Speed/CFM/Noise becomes obsolete when Fans grow this big.
    I'd much rather take 2 Noiseblokers 140MM than a 200MM fan. I mean, have you seen 200MM fans? They are enormous...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    Because the effectiveness between Speed/CFM/Noise becomes obsolete when Fans grow this big.
    I'd much rather take 2 Noiseblokers 140MM than a 200MM fan. I mean, have you seen 200MM fans? They are enormous...
    Get the job done though, I love the ones that came on my HAF X. And damn is this case QUIET.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    My case has 3 20cm fans... they move the same amount of air as a 2k RPM 12cm or 14cm fan while only going 300 RPM. They're awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason is that 20cm fans have just anough space between the blades for a guy to attempt to put his penis through it. Other smaller fans dont. Therefore guys dont even think about it. 20cm fans though are just big enough for someone to try and do it.

Thats why there is no industry standard. they dont last as long as the smaller fans..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    The reason is that 20cm fans have just anough space between the blades for a guy to attempt to put his penis through it. Other smaller fans dont. Therefore guys dont even think about it. 20cm fans though are just big enough for someone to try and do it.

Thats why there is no industry standard. they dont last as long as the smaller fans..
    Non constructive I know... but lol......