Archaeology across multiple characters question..

I was considering picking up Archaeology on my alt farmer (Rogue with mining/herb) to allow him to be able to summon the boss in ZG. What I want to know is if I find a rare that my main hasn't seen yet, say Zin'rokh, and I mail that rare artifact to my main, does that artifact go to rare artifact count for the achievement for the Professor title? If not, I won't bother picking it up on my alt and I'll stick to Archaeology farming on my main alone. I only care about the achievements on my main, all my alts are farmers or profession hubs, all used to benefit my main or become as self sufficient as possible. Hopefully someone knows how artifact transferring works in relation to the achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd hazard a guess at no, since he's not actually the one who discovered it.

Deleted
    Does indeed not work, tested it now.

Well if I did uncover an artifact I had not seen on my main, would i be able to uncover that same artifact on my main?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hykon View Post
    Well if I did uncover an artifact I had not seen on my main, would i be able to uncover that same artifact on my main?
    Yes, you could still get that artifact as a project on your main.