Raiding as a arms warrior

So I'm looking to get back into the raiding scene, and I was wondering what is acceptable dps to do as a arms warrior.

Probably just looking for a 10 man raiding group, I have pretty solid gear (all 353 epics + a few 359 peices) I know my class well (or I like to think I do) and pull around 15-18k in 5 mans without the 15% buff. Peak dps with the 15% buff is around 22-24k.

I would link my armory but at the moment I've got my pvp gear on.

Cheers

Deleted
    Here's a statistical breakdown of 10 man normal raids: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/30/default/

Arms Warriors average around 15.800 DPS which is the strongest Melee DPS performance. As Arms you should only really be outperformed by ranged DPS in most cases.

they busted fury that bad? is it due to that high hit cap? i've been arms for awhile now pulling pretty high dps even though my spec is pvp based but was under the impression fury wars were still hitting higher numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myunihausen View Post
    they busted fury that bad? is it due to that high hit cap? i've been arms for awhile now pulling pretty high dps even though my spec is pvp based but was under the impression fury wars were still hitting higher numbers.
    It does in single target scenarios, but lacks in the AoE department. Hence the overall raid-DPS is lower. While Fury might be 5% ahead in Single Target, it's easily 20% behind on AoE.

Also, the average Arms player is better than the average Fury Fury Warrior. Hence the statistical difference. (the more popular a spec is, the lower its average performance).

Cheers Crowe, thats interesting, I didn't expect that arms would perform so well, but thats good, I think I can pull those sort of numbers quite easily (including variables such as fight mechanics). Its also pretty amusing to see all three hunter specs at the top

Go for it. I normally tank as my main spec but I have a full dps off set for my arms pve spec for the 1 tank fights. I only worried about my hit/ex caps and didn't really look into what I should be doing as far as rotation and gear stats and I still pull 18-20k dps (raid buffed, of course) and usually out dps the fury warrior who out gears me by a little bit.

Im raiding as arms, pulling 22k single target whit 0 heroic (raid) gear. I my opinion its alot more fun to play than fury since fury feels like you need to 10k aouto hits b4 you can do a attack =) Soo arms pve:er GO FOR IT!

Deleted
    I am Arms with 2pieces of 372 and I am ripping up the single target meters. 22k on Magmaw 19k on Cho'Gall 20k on Maloriak and 17k on Atramedes. Arms is really the most fun spec to play the damage is super and it just makes Warriors super fun. no rage problems etc its awesome!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%BA/advanced
    If you are interrested
    Last edited by mmoc5a416d2ad4; 2011-05-19 at 09:29 AM. Reason: added armory

Nice, thx everyone, really starting to look forward to raiding again. I tried fury a couple times in cata in 5 mans and it just seemed way to boring and wasn't pulling great numbers, so i scrapped idea. Arms ftw!