Poll: Which class is the worst at dueling?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    hunters. sit on their faces and its over pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Warriors are a weak dueling class by design.

I'm not saying they aren't a little OP, but the way the class is designed makes them weak for dueling.

-They start off with low ressources.
    -They must take damage to deal damage.
    -They can't "heal-up" except for Enraged Regen, which is a 3 minute CD.
    -They hardly have any CC to help them control the fight.
    -Their big CDs aren't as valuable in duels as they are in normal PvP.
    -They have no way to escape damage. Damage done is done against a Warrior.

Rogues, and to a lesser extent Frost-Mages, are the opposite end of the spectrum. In a duel, a Rogue can use and abuse the full extent of his CC abilities and control the fight from beginning to end. Recuperate is also a lot more powerful in 1v1 scenarios than it is in open combat. To be honest, a good Rogue can beat almost any class in a duel.

That doesn't mean Rogues are OP and Warriors UP. They're just different and their designs favours or hurt them in duel situations.
    Lordy lord someone who actually knows what they are talking about, well said. Warriors are really a very weak 1v1 class since the CS nerf since we cant nuke nearly as hard anymore.

HOW in gods name is everyone picking shammies? Enhance is one of the best dueling classes, dogs is so damn overpowered in a duel, and you cant say shammies just because ele is weak, even though a well played ele is near impossible to kill. Like saying rogues are bad cause combat is weak... Also, lol at anyone who said dk..

OT: Im torn between hunter and warrior, hunters have no real self heal and are extremely vulnerable to dots, so I say hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    Please forgive me but you are stupid. I will answer in the order you typed them.

-True

-True.However you need to hit someone or get hit to get rage and you can not hit something if you are rooted.

-30% hp as a HoT, not an instant heal is really extremely powerful? Not saying it is underpowered or something but it is definitely not extremely powerful.

-The tremendous 1.5 seconds charge stun really changes all the tides of battle, especially when almost all players use their space button more than anything else, riiight. Fear-which is actually Intimdiating Shout- is only good against classes with melee pets (or, well, you need to catch the player and his pet in a 8 yard range). That fear we cast is broken on damage if we attack the target that we targetted while fearing so it is almost no use. Leaving only throwdown with a 45second cooldown. Saving trinket is really hard I heard..

-Big CDs=Recklessness/retalliation/Shield Wall/Enraged Regeneration/Rallying Cry. Recklessness is a dangerous handgrenade. If you get cc'ed when you have it up and do not cancel it, you will get 20%more damage. If you just work your brain slightly, you will understand this. Shield Wall-40%damage reduction that forces you to use a 1hander and a shield instead of a 2hander and switch to defensive stance that does not let you use some of your damage abilities, very useless. Retalliation-Only good against melee opponents, good one but not tide changer again. Enraged regen and rallying cry are the best ones in those "big cds"

-Do you even know what escape means? You do not stay there while escaping. You avoid the shit that you are escaping..by escaping. Spell Reflect with 25seconds cooldown that can EASILY be countered by ONLY waiting 6 seconds or just casting some useless spell. Defensive Stance?Really?Are you that low?You are showing us defensive stance which is only a 10%damage reduction as an advantage?We can't even use our abilities in defensive stance. Shield Wall-Look above. Wearing a shield and heroic leap los?what is that?

I would like congratulate you for managing to type 1.5 true sentences out of 6 tho.

Warriors are not bad at duels against many players but if an opponent, unlike a clueless person like you, knows how warriors work, it is easy as hell to counter them.

Checked your previous posts on the forum, stay in PvE mate.

Oh and I voted for warlocks because I don't find their slowly and painfully killing way very effective. However it is probably only because I am a warrior and can counter their best CC easily.
    But it's not hard to get rage while rooted.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=29838
    (it also kind of helps on the healing front vs. the classes that have too much control for their own good. I would like to emphasize "kind of". it doesn't seem to help too much on my warrior. Mix it up with Blood Craze, and you have some weird triggered version of Recupe.)

Hamstring is useful... not sure if people are goin for the imp Hamstring for the root. But it's helpful in conjunction with the Charge and Intimidating Shout. Really helpful vs pet classes when you target the pet for the fear, that way the fear effect on the player doesn't break (as easily). Although I agree, the charge on a jumping character is pretty garbage. I can't count how many times the stun wore off before I could get to them.

I'm gonna have to agree with the "Big CD's". All of them have some kind of down fall. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are Warriors the only ones that get their dmg nerfed in exchange for dmg reduction? I suppose Pally bubbles make it so they can't melee... I think they still have that. But, Pain Supp, Shamanistic Rage, Evasion/Cloak of Shadows, Bark Skin, Ice Bound Fort do not nerf your dmg while taking less dmg. One could argue that ice block, deterrence get their dmg nerfed to 0... but they also get 0 dmg, so that might balance out.
    Recklessness needs to be used sparingly, like when everyone else is CC'd, and then strongly think about canceling it when CC breaks. LOLStorm seems to be more of a root break now adays.

I'm not the shiniest tool in the shed. Nor do I have high arena ratings with any of my classes. So, maybe I'm adding things to think about, and you super pros can tell me where I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Beardlust; 2011-05-22 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Mixed up abilities

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    HOW in gods name is everyone picking shammies? Enhance is one of the best dueling classes, dogs is so damn overpowered in a duel, and you cant say shammies just because ele is weak, even though a well played ele is near impossible to kill. Like saying rogues are bad cause combat is weak..
    I'm curious to hear about;
    how a well played ele is nearly impossible to kill, and also
    how enhancement is one of the best dueling classes?

Dunno where the hunter hate is coming from. I duel on my hunter from time to time and have no issues blowing a caster up.

Warriors are easy to beat as a hunter. Go MM and if he blows his cds and charges you pop readiness and disengage out and place another frost trap. He's a dead man walking (or randomly walking about after I concussion shot his ass).

I would say ele shaman. They just don't have enough in the bags to pull out all the stops with thunderstorm being on that kind of CD and one of their snares being taken care of by a single ranged attack.

Why are everyone voting shaman? Enhancement beats pretty much everything.

OT: I voted warlocks.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

u gotta help me ffs

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    huh? how? this is clearly just bad play..pallies cant be stopped...regaurdless.

Voted Paladin.

Holy is extremely easy to control with CC/Silences. Lack of mobility in the spec, which is being slightly addressed in 4.2.

Protection is a complete joke in any form of PvP against a decent player. Against noobs, it is fun. Still sucks.

Retribution is easy to control as the mobility sucks. Most of the utility is dispellable by (If I remember right) 17/30 of the specs in-game. And our only real damage is during AW/Zealotry. Self Healing as Retribution is a joke with a 10k heal every 20 seconds.

Against most specs in-game, a Paladin won't do anything. Holy is the worst Healing spec currently in PvP. Protection was intentionally killed by Blizzard, and they even admitted to nerfing Retribution too much from what was already a poor PvP spec to a dead one.

Quote Originally Posted by Erradic View Post
    I can't believe someone said druid. Ferals who know how to play seem to dominate any class just because of the insta cyclone run and heal but hey that's your opinion!
    WTH? instant cyclone? Great now I feel really stupid..is that a moonkin talent then? Cause my cyclone got cast time I belive. *hides from the shitstorm*
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"