Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    huge titles are handy wen spotting ppl hiding around corners/behind walls and you see "Wastes" sticking out

so many ppl trying to hide in WSG Bases, AV towers, EotS buildings etc.... and have the humungous "Champion of the Frozen Wastes" title on

same with super long guild names: while <IMA WHALE OOOAOAAAOAOAOOAA> does makes me laugh, its also very easily visible

almost as sneaky as super stealthy rogues/druids stalking around with their pet companions following them XD

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    or, if it bothers you, compare achivements > find the relevant achivement.

I personally always liked running around with adimaya the immortal in battlegrounds. I think this led to a certain degree of tunneling from the opposite side tho.
    and when my guild finally downed lk 25 hc after 2 months tedious work and we all sported the light of dawn title we all got whispers saying congratulations. now when you sport dragonslayer it's the same effect.
    That's not the point though. Those titles used to mean "hey look there's a good player". Now they mean "oh that guy might be good but I have to check because they're handed out like candy now".
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Deleted
    having names enabled on a mmo is so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    Titles stopped being relevant when 3.0 hit live, so no one really cares about them anymore.
    Not really. The server first ones in 3.0 were relevant. I think they lost a lot when 4.0 hit, as the server first ones now are fewer and the old ones that were "hard" to get are now facerollable.

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HoX View Post
    if u dont like just disaple in option thats how easy
    Probably shouldn't post if you haven't read anything other than the thread title.

If I had my own forum, the banhammer would be swift and just.

And I'd have blackjack. And hookers.

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Ever seen LotRO titles on RP servers? usually <pre-title><name><relation><related person><title><faction title>. With the guild name under that.
    Example: "Awesome Szemere, son of Kazmer, the awesomeguy of awesomeland. [We are awesome]"
    This usually takes 3 lines of text floating above your head.

Now stop complaining about WoW titles being pointless and screen filling.
    It is one of the few things we have to distinguish ourselves, next to our tabard, our shirt (which you do not see), our guild tag, our mount (not seen in combat) and our companion pet (which is tiny).
    If you feel like not using titles, you just enable the <none> option, and I'm 50% sure you can even hide other people's titles.
    LotRO took that from DnD really.

Back in my mudding days we had a prename, name, title, affiliation, clan/order. Showed up on the "who" screen and was fully customizable. Since it was text based, colors were the important thing.

I was Crusader General Zolton, the Avenger's Fist. [Anti-Telnet][Crusaders of the Fallen God].

Was pretty sweet. Obviously custom titles in WoW wouldn't work as they would become giant penises.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Only titles i wear is PvP ones ''High Warlord'' on my Hunter ''Battlemaster/Of the Horde'' on my Warr.

Not because of bragging right idgaf what people thinks, i just like how they sound.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2011-05-19 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% of titles are easy to get and eventually everyone gets them so yeah pointless unless they could make a unique title that only you could achieve which is totally impossible. I could see being able to make your OWN title up being pretty nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi View Post
    100% of titles are easy to get and eventually everyone gets them so yeah pointless unless they could make a unique title that only you could achieve which is totally impossible. I could see being able to make your OWN title up being pretty nifty.
    K. Go get Obsidian Slayer, Conquerer of Naxxaramus, Magic Seeker and Death's Demise.

I'm wAAIIIttting.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi View Post
    Don't say 100% if it really isn't :P

the Immortal
    Herald of the Titans

All i need.

Deleted
    Once again, I don't understand what's the fuss all about ...
    You can disable names / titles / guild titles and so on, so where's the problem?
    Personally I love having a lot of titles I can use that fit my character rp-wise.

Pointless? Some of them, perhaps. But titles that represent achievements that can't be gotten any more, like Hand Of Ad'al or one of the old PvP titles are cool to have. I already have a ton of titles on my main, including the aforementioned two (I quit the PVP grind at Lt. Commander) . I don't pay much attention to them, and I forget which title I have selected. Most of the time, I completely forget that I have titles and don't change it for months at a time.

What's funny is I usually put up a more interesting sounding title, rather than titles that make have some alleged prestige about them. For example, say "Ambassador" or something. Ambassador (name of main) just sounds and looks interesting. I don't get any epeen from it, though. It's just a fun thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Once again, I don't understand what's the fuss all about ...
    You can disable names / titles / guild titles and so on, so where's the problem?
    Personally I love having a lot of titles I can use that fit my character rp-wise.
    Sounds like you don't know what the thread is about. The thread is about the fact that good players do have names and titles disabled, meaning that the people who would benefit most from seeing the titles don't see them most the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Sounds like you don't know what the thread is about. The thread is about the fact that good players do have names and titles disabled, meaning that the people who would benefit most from seeing the titles don't see them most the time.
    I have them enabled.

Problem?

More seriously, stop generalising, its all personal preference it really has nothing to do with ''good'' or ''bad'' players. Lots of good players cares about what their toon looks like or whatever because its a freakin RPG game and thats suposed to be part of what the game is about, your toon.

People saying ''idc about glad titles, mounts, r-first achievements lolol doesn't matter lolol'' or trolls or hypocrites at best for the most part.

This game is about character progression, you can chose what you think is meaningfull and what isn't but don't generalise it on others. Most people achieving stuff in this game do it to stand out of the crowd, because thats what this game is about anyway, and its human nature.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2011-05-19 at 06:49 PM.

I wear my title for myself. It's an RP thing.

Who woudn't want a freaking extension to their name ''Deathwing's bane''.

Deleted
    You are complaining about your own name covering too much of the screen, if I get this right. There is an interface option to hide your own name, which you should use if you have trouble playing.

I have my name and pets off. I have player Names and Titles on and to be honest i can not recall ever being bothered by them while doing a dungeon/raid. To be honest i forget they are even on.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3