Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The quad-cores vs quad++cores feels a lot like HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray. Except there's already a clear winner for who's going to keep on going. >>
    Won't claim AMDs aren't bad. Just that continuing with tons of cores seems silly.
    I'm just waiting to see how the Quad core one performs, out of all of them that's the one I'll likely buy and expect to perform well in gaming. If it doesn't, then I'll still be able to pick up SB when Intel lower prices to combat Bulldozer.

Bulldozer is a complete architecture remake and is still under NDA. Any "claims" of performance are photoshops. Most modern games are utilizing 3 cores and have the 4th parked for Windows based threads. Some use 4 cores+ IE GTA4, Mafia 2, BFBC2, Crysis 2. With more and more games being console ports they are coded horribly on the pc and use lots of cpu power. If the trend continues i dont see why they wont start using 6-8 cores soon. Since the big bucks are in console games... porting with lazy programers and bad code=lots of cpu usage.

porting with lazy programers and bad code=lots of cpu usage.
    Tbf I have my doubts these same lazy programmers will even add the support for those 5+ cores.

Tbf I have my doubts these same lazy programmers will even add the support for those 5+ cores.
    it will be easier to code it to use more cores than to code it properly. So if they have access to more cores and can do less work they will.

Quote Originally Posted by overclockedamd View Post
    it will be easier to code it to use more cores than to code it properly. So if they have access to more cores and can do less work they will.
    I'm gonna be blunt and say I don't really trust such lazy fucks to even understand they can do this shit.
    Not saying you're wrong. Just that I think this is a little too early to tell.

I'm gonna be blunt and say I don't really trust such lazy fucks to even understand they can do this shit.
    O I completely agree. This is just my opinion watching the PC gaming market over the past years. The more powerful PC's get the lazier coders get cause they can just use the excess power to run crappy code. Its getting sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably lazy is the wrong word.... From a business standpoint, its much more effictive to spend as little time recoding the same game as possible, demanding higher system specs for HD or close to HD games isn't an issue since gamers wanting to play those games will typically upgrade their PC rather than say "I'm not going to buy this game, becuase my PC can't handle it."

So very simply why spend 1000 man hours recoding a game to work with more threads when you spend 50 man hours recoding it to work with more cores.

(numbers are purely for illustrative purposes, and it is very unlikely they represent the actual amount of time spent)