Deleted

Gmail and weird mails

Recently I have been receiving some ”welcome to our service…”-emails from services that I haven’t been signed.
    25th of April: habbo.fi
    4th of May: panfu.fi
    19th of May: kings.com

All of these are some kind of gaming sites. I have requested my “lost” password and then deleted those accounts created for my email. I’m starting to be a bit worried since this email is the one I use for wow (I have other address for forums and stuff like that). All those sites are using my email address without any dots and gmail does not understand difference betveen: e.x.a.m.p.l.e. and example.

Should I change my wow account email? Is it even possible? Will it cause problems if I ever get hacked in wow and need to prove that this account is mine?

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You by chance have a PSN account on that email? Lol just kidding, just a cheap shot at sony.

But changing your battle.net email shouldn't cause any future problems. Account recovery usually involves providing other details that only you could provide. Blizzard is actually pretty good with that.

Deleted
    Well, I don't have that problem...

Just create a new Gmail for wow only, nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Recently I have been receiving some ”welcome to our service…”-emails from services that I haven’t been signed.
    25th of April: habbo.fi
    4th of May: panfu.fi
    19th of May: kings.com

All of these are some kind of gaming sites. I have requested my “lost” password and then deleted those accounts created for my email. I’m starting to be a bit worried since this email is the one I use for wow (I have other address for forums and stuff like that). All those sites are using my email address without any dots and gmail does not understand difference betveen: e.x.a.m.p.l.e. and example.

Should I change my wow account email? Is it even possible? Will it cause problems if I ever get hacked in wow and need to prove that this account is mine?
    Late reply, but there's a feature gmail has - link near the bottom of the page that shows you which IP addresses have accessed your email account in the last week or so and what route they used to do so. When I contracted a keylogger somehow, gmail traced back the IP's - one to Los Vegas (I'm Canadian, btw) and from there - > 3 in china. Check the history and see if there's anything fishy.

They also have a feature similar to Wow's authenticator minus the tool itself. Sign up - they'll text message you a code which you need to type in every time you access your email. Works on any phone that can recieve texts and I'd say completely removes the possibility of a compromised email account. Also - check to ensure that the back-up email for your gmail hasn't been modified either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    You by chance have a PSN account on that email? Lol just kidding, just a cheap shot at sony.
    lol, yeah...

but seriously, if you're worried about your WoW account buy or download an authenticator.