Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movies] Saw series

Why do people even remotely support this franchise.

First movie/Second movie were plagued by hilariously bad acting and illogical storylines. The only redeeming aspects of these films, were the solid twist endings.

However, the solid twist endings and title antagonist would be scrapped in the third film, and then....???
    What went so wrong there, I mean, did people really continue to pay to see these movies after III?

So why do people waste money on this series?

Deleted
    Gore,

it has an odd attraction for people.

I actually liked the first one because it was about the twist, not the gore. It all went downhill from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the first one was quite enjoyable. The ending was good and it wasn't overly graphic. The second one had a bit more gore, but the ending was still awesome. After that though, it just turned into mindless plots with people ripping themselves apart; not a lot of redeemable points after the second one...

The Saw series is the definition of the idioms "Beating a dead horse" and/or "Milking a cash cow"... Like others have mentioned, the first one (and maybe the second) were decent (not amazing), but the subsequent sequels are there just to make money, they have almost 0 artistic value.

Deleted
    Never seen any of 'em, I'm not really a fan of pure gore... Lil gore's ok x)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratje View Post
    Never seen any of 'em, I'm not really a fan of pure gore... Lil gore's ok x)
    Watch the first one!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Watch the first one!
    It's unlike the other ones? :P

Anyways, I've seen a lil' joke in a magazine. It was a picture of a screen with a wolftrap flying toward the screen, and under the picture 'Next Saw movie in 4d. Viewers found the movie 'killing''

How informed are you exactly, Because this post kind of makes you look foolish.

You do understand that the original Saw movie was produced on a PATHETIC budget of only $1,000,000 right?

You're also aware of how ridiculously small that amount is to budget a film? I'll give you the benefit here and I'll assume yes, But I think we all know the answer.

The storylines are only as illogical as your brain is to follow them, It's really very simple to paste the pieces together and figure out the situation.

God don't even get me started on the fact that the Saw series is now the second highest grossing Horror Movie Series OF ALL TIME.
    Second only to Friday the 13th which has been out OVER 40 YEARS.

Delete this thread lol, you look like an idiot.

Infracted. Don't flame our users. ~Fuzzz
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-05-19 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Why do people even remotely support this franchise
    gore, but there is a story.

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orrly View Post
    Delete this thread lol, you look like an idiot.
    yes he does.

Saw just delivers the viewers what they wanna see, some badass murders on machines, atleast they don't fill about 80% of the movie with mindlessly, boring talking

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I just need a bloody gore fix....which is where saws 4-7? come in.

And there really is an intertwining story throughout all the films which I like.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

Yeah the films have a quite large amount of gore effects but if you have seen all the movies and think about the story abit you get the meanings of the film. Also saying "However, the solid twist endings and title antagonist would be scrapped in the third film, " he was still alive in the 4th movie since it plays at the excact sime time is just quite stupid.

Deleted
    Saw for me was a good series of films, yeah some were stronger then others in the 6 but the story from 1-6 was imho nicley done and had the desired effect i'd expect from a horror/chiller classed film.

Deleted
    I've only seen the first 5, but I do plan on watching the rest.

It just interests me, so...

15+ Year Old Account
    Friday the 13th isn't 40 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    Friday the 13th isn't 40 years old.
    Don't get what you mean, but yes you're right when i remember right its' from 1980 or maybe 1981.

its the same way some say: why the hell watch documantary of a boy that manage to get popular by young girls aka biebler........

i like saw. somethimes i like to watch people that are paid actress to play get slain by a psychopath, that really just want to open the eyes on the victims

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed the first one. The second was ok. A very stock standard sequel but worth a video hire. The third was bad and unless I hear glowing reviews of the others I have no reason to continue watching the series.

Some people watch a movie for Gore. I don't. (although I hear he was great in "An Inconvenient Truth")

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    I really enjoyed the first one. The second was ok. A very stock standard sequel but worth a video hire. The third was bad and unless I hear glowing reviews of the others I have no reason to continue watching the series.

Some people watch a movie for Gore. I don't. (although I hear he was great in "An Inconvenient Truth")
    QFT pretty much. The movies after the second were just nonsense. The latest one was by far the worst.