Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People keep going to see it. As long as the studio's are making money, they will keep making it.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Why do people even remotely support this franchise.

First movie/Second movie were plagued by hilariously bad acting and illogical storylines. The only redeeming aspects of these films, were the solid twist endings.

However, the solid twist endings and title antagonist would be scrapped in the third film, and then....???
    What went so wrong there, I mean, did people really continue to pay to see these movies after III?

So why do people waste money on this series?
    I feel exactly the same way. Liked the twists of the first two (I thought the plot lines were more intact than you, but w/e). Saw (lol) the third one, was just disgusted and didn't see the point. Apparently, the fourth one and beyond sort of came back to the "twist" motif. I have not seen them, but only heard.

I'm honestly not sure. Gore in itself doesn't bother me all that much but mindless, stupid torture of people and watching them scream for 15 minutes is not something I enjoy seeing. Maybe I'll give the first one a real try if there is an actual plot but I've watched parts of some of the other ones and it's just really fucked up.

First two parts was OK but third and fourth sucked me.So i have left the others then i start it again and saw 3d is awesome movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a story of "appreciate what you got and dont waste it".
    And yes, theres abit of gore. But its not worse than any other horror film.

Hostel... now thats.... It doesnt even have a plot like Saw, its just kids fooling around and then get tortured, really gory. Woo big woop.

RONG WHIT DOG!

I just watched the first season... I was totally scared.. Didn't see the other two~ : )

Hostel... now thats.... It doesnt even have a plot like Saw, its just kids fooling around and then get tortured, really gory. Woo big woop.
    95% kids fooling around
    5% gore

That movie took way too long to get to the point :|
    Last edited by Herbo4; 2011-05-20 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    1 was the best
    the last 1 was just disgusting

Deleted
    Watch all of the movies in a row on 1 day and tell if it was good or not. Saw has a well thought story.

I must admit most people watch it for gore, I watch it for the good quality horror story it has. I was a hater myself at first since I saw the movies with 6-12 months in between, watching them in a row really is different.

I don't really know how the last movie is though, haven't seen it yet...and I will be dissapointed if it's just gore for 3D without a decent story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Watch all of the movies in a row on 1 day and tell if it was good or not. Saw has a well thought story.

I must admit most people watch it for gore, I watch it for the good quality horror story it has. I was a hater myself at first since I saw the movies with 6-12 months in between, watching them in a row really is different.

I don't really know how the last movie is though, haven't seen it yet...and I will be dissapointed if it's just gore for 3D without a decent story.
    Its like 2 i think it was, where the dude had to save ppl that killed his kids
    3D is the same but that guy has to save his friends, Pretty nasty at some points to :P

I love gore.

Not just blood and screaming, but any gore.

A Serbian Film and the Grifter are good examples. Hostel and Saw are good, but they are so specific and only satisfy a particular niche, which is good for the times when it's appropriate, but definitely not an everyday thing.

I could watch A Serbian Film everyday though (I do).
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen them all. The first 2 were the best but I still watched the others to follow the story and see all the crazy traps.

Deleted
    Still yet to see a single Saw film despite working part time in a dvd rental store and being able to get them free, really dont see the appeal at all.

Just watched 1-6 in two weeks. The story had a lot of setbacks and surprises.

Mostly it's the story I enjoy. Gore is minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first was the only good one. The rest are just soulless cash-ins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LenisCaedo View Post
    The first was the only good one. The rest are just soulless cash-ins
    Agreed.

Was hilarious to see Linkin Park's singer get killed mind you.

Deleted
    The first one was the best,the rest pretty much money milking

Deleted
    While I liked the first one because it was a good psycho-thriller, I hate the others for just beeing a gore-fest.

Saw 2 wasn't originally a "Saw" movie. But that said, the ending of the 7th was one that I was waiting years for.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I only watched the first one, and I think it was awesome.