Should Pre-Soulstone = 100% health?

Right now, is there really any point in placing an SS on someone pre-battle? I think there should be a reward associated with the risk of pre-placing an SS, and that should be (much like glyphed rebirth) allowing the resurrected to come back with 100% health. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    Right now, is there really any point in placing an SS on someone pre-battle? I think there should be a reward associated with the risk of pre-placing an SS, and that should be (much like glyphed rebirth) allowing the resurrected to come back with 100% health. What do you guys think?
    The pre placing of soulstones is now only for solo play purposes and if the lock already died for example (not that this is predictable). No need to put in an incentive to use it prefight in my eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imo all possible versions of combat res should be able to be glyphed for 100% health when used - otherwise it still gives the incentive to stack druids for it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    I agree with this, and honestly not even a glyph.
    the fact remains that if you SS someone pre-fight, its a risk that he might not die, but someone else dies instead, wasting your soulstone.
    it should give you 100% hp and 75% mana when done pre-fight imho, cause your taking a risk of SSing someone who might not even die, while at the same time someone else crucial can die.

Eh, still wouldn't be worth using it like that even if they made it 100%, 30% difference is not worth the unpredictability... now if they made it did not count towards total battlerezes if used pre-emptively, like a reincarnation, then that might make a warlock think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    I agree with this, and honestly not even a glyph.
    the fact remains that if you SS someone pre-fight, its a risk that he might not die, but someone else dies instead, wasting your soulstone.
    it should give you 100% hp and 75% mana when done pre-fight imho, cause your taking a risk of SSing someone who might not even die, while at the same time someone else crucial can die.
    The 75% mana thing would lead to people dying on purpose to exploit that as a manareg ability.
    I personally am okay with the druid battleres being the best ingame. It leaves some flavour that would otherwise go away for the (much needed) homogenisation in this case.

As i said before the pre placing of soulstones seems to be left in for soloing purposes and im totally okay with that. Would take a suggestion like yours with open arms though .

Also we had boss mechanics in the game where it was 100% predictable who will die at a certain point of the encounter. Vaelastrasz was designed that way for example. Perhaps there will come new mechanics at some point that are similar and make soulstone superior sometimes even without the 100% hp.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-05-19 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% return would easily be abusable. You would always SS a tank and whenever shit hit the fan and he died, he could instantly pop back and taunt the boss, losing only his buffs.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    with some glyph maybe

It's situational whether you need to rez someone with 100% health. You would only need to do that when heavy AoE is going on, and they shouldnt rez in heavy AoE anyway. I'm happy with my 70%hp/30%mana battle rez as it is.

No need for it to be 100%.
    The fact that for a now targetable battleres, that it can be used on yourself for solo content or just to be selfish pre-emptively offers it an advantage over both raise ally and rebirth.
    It already has that distinct advantage over any other option, so it does not need yet another.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    Eh, still wouldn't be worth using it like that even if they made it 100%, 30% difference is not worth the unpredictability... now if they made it did not count towards total battlerezes if used pre-emptively, like a reincarnation, then that might make a warlock think about it.
    I'm almost 100% sure that reincarnation counts towards the total amount of battle resses used, would you mind proving me wrong (some kind of link would be nice for example)?

30% ress for a tank is very risky in plenty of situations, glyphed one is still worse than the druid one. Soulstone used pre-emptively is faster than any resser could react though, which makes it good in the situations where you really don't have time to waste. I don't mind having it as it is, it means I rarely need to ress anyone during our raids =)

Quote Originally Posted by Daewyn View Post
    I'm almost 100% sure that reincarnation counts towards the total amount of battle resses used, would you mind proving me wrong (some kind of link would be nice for example)?

30% ress for a tank is very risky in plenty of situations, glyphed one is still worse than the druid one. Soulstone used pre-emptively is faster than any resser could react though, which makes it good in the situations where you really don't have time to waste. I don't mind having it as it is, it means I rarely need to ress anyone during our raids =)
    well im 100% sure it doesnt, look it up, no need to provide proof, this is common knowledge for most informed raiders

Reincarnation does not count as a combat rez.

Yeah, sorry for being a bit behind (just a couple of months ), I just remembered people in my raid being unable to reincarnate when the resses had been used, but seems that it has been fixed for a while already.

Didn't mean to sound arrogant with my "prove it please"-comment, just wanted to have it backed up with some information. Could have checked it myself though, I admit that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, having it now count towards the maximum per fight if used in advance is a great idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Daewyn View Post
    Yeah, sorry for being a bit behind (just a couple of months ), I just remembered people in my raid being unable to reincarnate when the resses had been used, but seems that it has been fixed for a while already.

Didn't mean to sound arrogant with my "prove it please"-comment, just wanted to have it backed up with some information. Could have checked it myself though, I admit that.
    It used to count. It wasn't supposed to. They fixed it.