Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    They should just stop with all that crap CC and make a good and balanced PvP, and fucking separete how skills work in PvP and PvE, if they don't do that, people will not be able to PvP or PvE properly with their favorite spec.
    oh if only this were true, you know those 1 minute saps and stuns/fears with no diminishing returns sure are rough right.....

and sorry not every spec needs to be viable in pve AND pvp. 10 classes, 3 specs each, there is not enough time in the world to balance everything perfectly. in blizzards mind pvp is a group activity, certain classes will work better when paired up with others. find what comps work with your class and roll with it. zomg your a warrior and you cant beat frost mages. get a healer and a second dps that can beat frost mages on your team, boom problem solved. 1v1 =/= pvp
    Last edited by Plunderin; 2011-05-19 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plunderin View Post

and sorry not every spec needs to be viable in pve AND pvp.
    sure this is fine. i don't expect to be able to pvp as a protection paladin. however i would like at least ONE of my three specs to be viable for pvp.

sure learning to LoS and juke to deal with opposing players is part of the game but holy paladins pretty much crippled in pvp by their vulnerability to cc.

this season i've achieved much better ratings on my resto shaman than i ever could with my holy paladin which is a shame because my shaman was just an alt i used for jewelcrafting and i love my paladin.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

They should stop with all the garbage and make a good balance of CC in PvP, and how the fuck separete PvP and PvE skills of the work, if they do not, people will not be able to PVP or PVE with their favorite right-sized.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with OP!
    >>> ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!! <<<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    PvP without CC becomes a competition to see who can do the most burst/healing. That requires no skill.
    yeah tunneling with melee requires cc skills.

Deleted
    if your being heavily CC'd use Hand of Sacrifice.
    not only will this help keep your guy alive but the damadge you take will break the cc on you faster.
    also... what good is fake casting if the inturupt ability they use 'silences' you anyway. sticking the 'silence' debuf up without needing to actualy land the inturupt is retarded in my opinion for both imp kick and imp coutnerspell.

Agree, CC should be tuned down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ekabelly View Post
    as a hpala, trying to do some arena, im having a problem dealing with CCs. (soposing its an emergency) when it happenes i usually bubble out of the cc or trinket+bubble (for cyclon). the problem is, i get cced few seconds after again, and then theres nothing i can do. if im lucky none of my partners are killed (3s). note that i can't break LoS when im casting healing, and HS has cd. ty for healping ^^
    To me, CC is a part of PVP. It's a skill to use in PVP. Sorry. It does suck, I HATE getting sapped. I HATE shield of the righteous when I am in an arena and can't cast anything for over six seconds.

So you are complaining about other people using positioning and their class abilities to the fullest to maximize their chances of winning an Arena? How dare they...

I assume you won't let your team mates use CC because its not fair to the opposing team either. No wait you do?

Don't do arena as Paladin.
    Except perhaps 5on5 as Holy, but who plays 5on5 anyway?
    Retri is crap, Holy is the worst of all possible healers.
    Wait for (unannounced) buffs, do pve, play other characters.
    No chance in hell you make Glad as Holy Pala with serious competition.
    If you meet God, tell him to leave me alone.

pvp is just not pew pew pew

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plunderin View Post
    ..and sorry not every spec needs to be viable in pve AND pvp. 10 classes, 3 specs each, there is not enough time in the world to balance everything perfectly. in blizzards mind pvp is a group activity, certain classes will work better when paired up with others. find what comps work with your class and roll with it. zomg your a warrior and you cant beat frost mages. get a healer and a second dps that can beat frost mages on your team, boom problem solved. 1v1 =/= pvp
    Thats fine in principle butmost PvP takes place as a solo player, usually in BG's. (Clearly you are not soloing a BG, but ore often than not people go alone). BG combat also frequently takes place in a 1v1 environment, and while achieveing perfect balance is impossible, I don't think certain classes/specs should have such glaring advantages against others.

Heh, this "problem" can often be turned the other way around to your own favour. For example meeting inexperienced teams trying to do a perfect CC-rotation, looking at nothing but their own resources, cooldowns, and current duration on the on-going cc/silence. Many, many times have I caught teams doing something like this, and suddenly blown all my cooldowns and killed the rogue while the priest was busy chasing my healer for mana burning or fear or something of the sort.

Just be on the look-out! You see someone suddenly swapping targets or running for you alone, you know they are not going to hug you, but this is also a good moment to turn the tides of a battle.

Deleted
    Well take use of all the cooldowns you've got in your arsinal, that's pretty much all paladins can do, forget about kiting or LoS'ing unless it's really obvious that your oponent is stupid and won't interact with your silly moves.. Prio your spells different. Divine light might give the more HPS but if the target is going to die before you get the cast off, use something else.. But talk about 2 melees with interrupt rotation sitting on you as paladin, not much you can do.. Try to run away, good luck. Try to cast a spell, good luck.

LOL at everyone QQ'ing over CC's and wanting it to get tuned down but secretly making /thread Nerf Mage CC nothing more if CC's gets tuned then i demand melle classes dmg reduce by 25%-30% and then its all good.

if u nerf down CC's the only thing which gives casters some breath againts those insane melle op killing machines then they will be trully immortal and unkilable is this what u wanna change about arena "X" Melle class + "X" healer vs mirror in a battle who will outburst faster and score a kill into a mindless fiercome battle with IQ of 0 facerolling their buttons from 1-6...

Every class has good and bad CC capabilities but in the end of the day learn to use ur class CC's and stop QQ on the forums about other people CC's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornyangel View Post
    LOL at everyone QQ'ing over CC's and wanting it to get tuned down but secretly making /thread Nerf Mage CC nothing more if CC's gets tuned then i demand melle classes dmg reduce by 25%-30% and then its all good.
    100% uptime instead of 50% is going to make up for a 25% damage loss though. So, sure!

I agree on the CC part though. It's fine as it is. Without CC it's going to be a zergfest that requires little to no skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornyangel View Post

if u nerf down CC's the only thing which gives casters some breath againts those insane melle op killing machines then they will be trully immortal and unkilable is this what u wanna change about arena "X" Melle class + "X" healer vs mirror in a battle who will outburst faster and score a kill into a mindless fiercome battle with IQ of 0 facerolling their buttons from 1-6...

Every class has good and bad CC capabilities but in the end of the day learn to use ur class CC's and stop QQ on the forums about other people CC's.
    The problem is this game should be primarily caster/melee/healer. Instead it is now caster cleave or melee cleave. To be successful (generally speaking) you have to either run with a lot of cc (three separate dr's) or double melee and just zerg something down. The obvious exceptions to this rule are RMP and RLS but there again you get the lots of cc, the variable being the rogue as melee who has arguable as much CC as anythign in the game (not able to be dispelled). IMO, melee damage and defensive CD's are way out of control, as are caster CCs.