View Poll Results: Will MW3 live up the expectations that Black Ops didn't?

Voters
294. This poll is closed
  • Definately!!

55 18.71%
  • Probably

37 12.59%
  • I Hope So!

69 23.47%
  • Probably Not

59 20.07%
  • Of Course Not, it's Activision!

74 25.17%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    inb4 mw4 or random gayarch console port definitely not gonna buy that piece of shit xD (btw actvision is the greediest company out there and they just want to milk their customers with random 15 $ 4 map packages, called "DLC".)

dont buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Oktar View Post
    I'm almost a cod fanboy, but this time, I really hope that Battlefield 3 kicks COD's arse. And I think it will........
    Looking back at BF2, I do not doubt that BF3 will be far superior to MW3. Even if MW3 outsells it, which it probably will, just due to the CoD franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    The fact that you spend money on CoD games is just laughable. "Oh hey guys new game every week 60 buckslol same content though".
    How about you invest in a real game?
    there is a new cod game once a year

therefore youre only paying 60 bucks a year (DLC map packs are optional)

WoW= 13$X12 (thats if u buy your time on subscrition)= 156$ a year

then uve got xpacs: 60 bucks every 2 years so....2 years of wow=372$ compared to Cod's $220 (which includes xbox live)

and remember we had ICC for an ENTIRE YEAR, with one new raid that only 25% of the player base even saw.

wow doesnt look like much of a deal to me

who the heck is even making mw3? isn't infinity ward done?

anyway, unless they drastically change the game i'm done with them.
    i've always liked battlefield and bf3 is stepping it up big this year. i hope they put CoD down.
    The fiction will see the real.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vazar-da-priest View Post
    there is a new cod game once a year
    LOL false.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Question should be can it live up to the orignal moderwarfare. CoD 4.
    Every one after that has been a dissapointment, cod4 is stil by far the best of the entire series.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    LOL false.
    He's actually pretty much right, it alternates per year between Treyarch and Infinity Ward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough I enjoyed Medal of Honor a whole helluva lot more than Blops. It was well worth the 30 bucks.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    I've lost interest in the franchise as I feel it has gone downhill every game after COD4 was released. It is unfortunately one of those games that will get good reviews regardless of it's overall quality though, so it will be hard to judge what it is like based on reviews.

Activision publish the game don't they? Also Black Ops was horrible in my opinion but it had good traits, same with MW2 be nice if MW3 was a mixture of both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Oddly enough I enjoyed Medal of Honor a whole helluva lot more than Blops. It was well worth the 30 bucks.
    I liked MoH and BC2 but both suffer from the random disconnects for a lot of people, which are annoying to say the least. Sods law you lose your connection when you are playing really well too

Deleted
    to the guy above who develops it... infinty ward raven software and Sledgehammer Games

I hope it will be good, but Infinity ward isnt the same company so i dunno. The new IW isnt headed by the same people and all the good Devs left.

Well, um...since Black Ops is super-terrible, yes.

MW3 will EASILY outdo Black Ops.

Deleted
    Modern Warfare fan here.
    All I want from the new game is to include a Combat training mode,like the one black ops had,
    A good story like the rest of the Modern Warfare series had,
    nerfed killstreaks,
    dedicated hosting servers and lastly,
    to release map packages free of charge.

I mean wtf activision,you guys realize you have a huge amount of people hating you just because all you care about is making money.
    The only way to appeal to the crowd is to release free dlc along with the game and spend the 1/15 of the cash you will gain from the game on some goddamn dedicated servers.
    Last edited by mmoc2e59201146; 2011-05-19 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I hope it will be good, but Infinity ward isnt the same company so i dunno. The new IW isnt headed by the same people and all the good Devs left.
    IW does the singleplayer anyway, raven software develops the multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    to the guy above who develops it... infinty ward raven software and Sledgehammer Games
    Yep I know :P, was just wondering what activision has to do with the quality of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    IW does the singleplayer anyway, raven software develops the multiplayer
    cod never disappointed in singleplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dee View Post
    Don't think it will. It has the Modern Warfare name, but not the same Team working on it.
    Couldn't of said it better. I loved mw1 when it came out, then the next CoD was WaW, by Activision, the only thing i liked in that game was Nazi Zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably won't buy MW3 because i was disappointed in BO and COD in general. Of course i know MW3 is not made by the same people as BO but still i can't really stand it anymore. Probably gonna buy Battlefield 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.