View Poll Results: Will MW3 live up the expectations that Black Ops didn't?

Voters
294. This poll is closed
  • Definately!!

55 18.71%
  • Probably

37 12.59%
  • I Hope So!

69 23.47%
  • Probably Not

59 20.07%
  • Of Course Not, it's Activision!

74 25.17%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    could no one answer my question???? i know i can google things over, but i would like for the CoD players to answer it

I think it will exceed BO easily. And I think it will be a good game. I'm a battlefield fan though, and am anxiously waiting for Battlefield 3.

Heh, just looking at the poll makes me laugh. I bet half the people who voted 'Of course not, it's Activision' don't even care that it is. They're just following what the 'cool' kids say.

No it will not, iv always chosen CoD over BF, but after seeing the trailers MW3 hasnt improved graphics at all and BF3 has amazing gameplay.

Well , I have Been Collecting CoD Games since Big Red One on Ps2 . yes i like that game . no im not a fanboy as i play a variety of FPS games . CoD been enjoyable through out the series , except for CoD:WaW and Black ops. It is because of treyarch they screwed up badly , in my PoV Black ops was Balanced im ok with that but it was not fun , non stacking kill streaks sux , however in CoD4 and ModernWarfare 2 i had hell of fun despite the hackers / noobtubes / Blade-Runners etc. i would still prefer a InfinityWard Cod Over treyarch's anyday .

On the other hand , (for those who do not know) that infinity ward is just a name now , and SledgeHammer games took over developing MW3 , i dunno what to expect , SledgeHammer is a young company , yet i hope that they know how to avoid past's mistakes.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 04:01 PM ----------

Tbh , Crysis 2 interests me more than BF .
    In Soviet Russia , Keyboard turns you !

█║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌ORIGINAL
    █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌DRUID. ©

Quote Originally Posted by vazar-da-priest View Post
    (the more things change, the more they stay the same)
    I like how you put the quote General Shepherd (from MW2) says into the overall identity of the Call of Duty franchise. Kudos, to you sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am already exited tbh they are using the iw2 engine so im happy. Not a waw engine like bo did(what sucked).
    So im gonna say probably they are gonna live up to the expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganza View Post
    could no one answer my question???? i know i can google things over, but i would like for the CoD players to answer it
    World at War (Tr) - Added vehicles to some maps, but was of course set back in WWII, so the weapons and such were from that era, though I believe they added the flamethrower in this one. Tech wise it ran on the same engine as CoD4, so graphically it looked the same, played the same. Honestly I gave the multiplayer beta a try, then skipped the actual release. I was pretty much done with WWII games by this point and didn't much care about the campaign.

MW2 (IW) - Direct sequel to CoD4, the campaign has some truly epic moments, though overall seemed a little over the top. I think they were trying to top the big moments from the previous game (particularly the Shock and Awe mission), and took it a little too far. It was still enjoyable though, kinda like a mindless Hollywood action flick. Worth playing through though I enjyoed CoD4's campaign more. I was also glad to see certain characters make a surprise return. Multiplayer was fantastic. Huge improvements over CoD4. Better perk/weapon attachment layout, pretty solid weapon balancing, and some interesting new additions like the riot shield (so much fun on the right map). The maps themselves are pretty well designed, and a couple favorites from CoD4 (like crash) made a return via DLC. New weapons, new killstreak rewards, fairly solid balancing. The one major flaw in multiplayer (in my opinion) was the way the game handles respawns. It has a bad habit of popping you right in front of the enemy, though this was a problem in CoD4 as well, so I suspect it's an issue with the base engine.

Black Ops (Tr) - Still running on the tried and true engine of the previous several games, though small graphical improvements are made each time. The campaign on this one is rather interesting, and I thoroughly enjoyed it (even though I could see the "twist" ending coming a mile away, it was still enjoyable to watch unfold). I actually thought the campaign on this one was a bit more solid than that of MW2 story wise. Gameplay wise they both had some awesome stuff, I'd call it a tie. Multiplayer is where Black Ops suffers unfortunately. Aside from a handful of minor tweaks that I enjoy (more detailed stat tracking post matches, and the layout of the menus and game modes), it's just nowhere near as good as MW2's. The weapons are poorly balanced for a CoD game, and the maps, while numerous and diverse, just aren't fun. My absolute biggest gripe about this one is sniping. I was initially excited to finally see the type96 bolt action rifle make an appearance, only to have that excitement crushed when I realized that there wasn't a single map in the game really setup for sniping. Furthermore, the default zoom level on the rifles is far too short, forcing you to resort to using one of your weapon attachment slots on the variable zoom scope just to get decent range. However all of this is really pointless, as there isn't a single map where the sight lines are long enough where a sniper rifle gives you a tactical advantage. You're better off with a nice accurate assault rifle 100% of the time. Don't get me wrong, this game is playable, and can be a lot of fun, and of course it still feels like Call of Duty. However, when compared to MW2's multiplayer, there's just no contest. MW2 is more responsive, better balanced, and just overall a much more satisfying experience.

As a matter of fact, I had been drudging through BO's multiplayer, mostly to keep playing with friends, but about a week ago I gave it up for good. After a string of particularly shitty matches where it felt like I was fighting the game much more than the enemy players, I popped my MW2 disc back into my Xbox, and haven't looked back. It's just... just so much better. That said, there are things I like about Black Ops, small features that I hope Infinity Ward picks up/learns from and integrates into MW3. One of particular note is the lack of a stopping power perk, it's become so mandatory that it's absence opened the door for many more functional and interesting builds.

MW3 (IW/SG) - The only important things we know about it so far is that first and foremost, it's using a new engine, rebuilt from the ground up. This has amazing potential, but could also end up going terribly wrong. Hopefully it'll fix things like the shitty respawning and allow them to add/do things they couldn't previously. This is probably largely in thanks to the fact that a second developer, Sledgehammer Games, was brought on board to help Infinity Ward with this one. This the first time there's been any joint work on any of the Call of Duty games. Hopefully bringing in new talent (and of course IW lost a ton of staff during the whole recent debacle) will bring some fresh ideas to the game. Between the leak and the trailer it appears some fan favorite weapons are returning, along with some fun new stuff. In a recent interview the devs said they were going to expand "beyond current generation weaponry", so we should see some interesting cutting edge stuff. Campaign wise I expect more crazy over the top action, it is basically world war 3 this time around after all. Ultimately though, I expect this one to be a bit different from MW2, simply because the development staff is very different this time around. It could go either way.

For all people bash on the franchise, it's popular for a reason, and as long as it continues to deliver enjoyable campaigns and reasonably well put together multiplayer, I feel it's worth my money. I'll see you guys at the other end of my gunsights, count on it.
    Last edited by Cyph3r; 2011-05-27 at 08:13 PM.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

You know how I can tell the OP is a console player?

He said MW2 was a good game. LOL!!

CoD stopped being good after CoD4 and it will never be good again until Activision is out of the picture. They want to push a new CoD EVERY year. 1 year to design, develop and test a game is not enough. Treyarch dev's have been quoted saying this.

Deleted
    COD died after COD4.... COD hasn't changed graphics engine, story lines or weapons. Every new game is just DLC and reskins

Battlefield 3 is the way forward.

CoD has been on a downward spiral since cod4, the only thing that the games got is huge hype .. because of how legendary cod4 was.
    Mw2 could of been a game to have gone down in history but it wasn't managed and looked after.
    Black Ops, though it has extreme balance is better known by Treyarch as boring ops.. the game is dull, uncolourful, slow and well crap. The only good thing to come out of Black Ops (imo) of course (played cod and bf since they first ever existed) is Flak Jacket. The attachment unlock system (cod points) being the shittest invention ever. Period.
    In mw2 if you want to unlock X attachment for Y weapon you need to use Y weapon considerably to unlock it (earn it) in black ops, no i can play the entire game with one weapon and purchase everything i ever need.
    The unlock system is lame and dull, no challenges to be had, nothing to aim towards.
    Mw3 (if they have learnt from their many mistakes) can be good, very good infact.
    Oh and btw, Treyarch fire your map designers. No i do not want to see any more snow maps, ok?

I will be getting both BF3 and MW3 so I'm happy :P

I hope they remove COD points and go back to how MW2 did it with the unlocks I enjoy snow maps

Black Ops has got to be the worst multiplayer fps in recent history.

As far as Modern Warfare 3 goes, the real question to me is: Can it can compete with Battlefield 3?

As much as I want it to say yes, I have to say no. The scale of the maps are way to small which leads to too much camping.

Call of Duty is to paintball as Battlefield is to war.

Unless MW3 really steps up the multiplayer experience it will take a 2nd place to Battlefield 3 on my shelf. Not to say that I won't play it, because i do play both brands.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like there's an British campaign (sexy, I'm a Brit, I like games that include us, even if they just say England), a French campaign (yey, I haven't played a game with French people in it yet, and they're quite cool guys), a German campaign (German. 'nuff said) and an American one (surprise?). I am basing this on the trailer, mind, but it would be awesome to have all these fellas all running around. First CoD game that makes me excited.

I am also disappointed if the Russians are still the antagonists I hope something happens to change that. I love Russia, they're good chaps.
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain

From a PC stand point this is how MW3 will fail in my eye.

- Vac: If Valve Anti-Cheat is the way they're going then this game will fail. I love valve and everything they make is superior to every other game dev in my eye but they aren't that great at Anti-cheats. MW2 and Black Ops are both littered with Auto-Aimers and Wall hackers. Punkbuster is the way to go. Ban those baddies before they even enter the arena. It boggles my mind how they can get TF2 to be hacker free with VAC but not MW2 or CoD:BO. How much money you want to bet Activision is the one selling the hacks for these games :P

- Killstreaks: If they have killstreaks like MW2. Meaning they stack for the next killstreak. Get 2 kills with your predator then unlock your chopper then wait for it to kill people to unlock your chopper gunner or ac-130. Also having killstreaks like the chopper gunner/ac-130 is just stupid.

- Xbox exclusivity: Activision made a deal with Microsoft to give them patches and DLC's months in advance compared to PS3 and PC. That's a shit deal if I ever saw one. Basically saying they're better than us...but... http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/con...gainst-pc.html

- Console Port: As an avid PC gamer I upgrade my PC every year and I expect to push it to it's limits. Games like Black Ops aren't even making it break a sweat.

- Perks - Second chance needs to go. I'm sick of losing collaterals because some sissy us using that cheap ass perk. On a side note - Ballistic knife and Marathon/Lightweight combo's also need to go, these kids are the bane of FPS gaming. It's called a First-Person SHOOTER for a reason you noobs. And if this game has a silenced spas I will leave it on the shelf, no matter the review.

I learned my lesson by pre-ordering Black Ops and Brink before I read any reviews or more importantly read the forum discussions. That won't happen again.. not even with BF3. I have my hopes for BF3 but it will have to pass the test first. As for MW3, I might pass all together. Sick of wasting my money on garbage.
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-05-27 at 11:54 PM.