Why did pre 4.01 hpally go out the window?

Honestly why did they get rid of this? I wasn't using my hpally as my main during wrath so I didnt pay attention to much the discussion but that doesnt mean I'm a terrible holy paladin.

All I remember is that we stacked haste/crit & got our mana regen through divine plea and critting holy light.

Now resto shamans have this playstyle...what...the...fff...happened.

I really think our new playstyle is boring although its not as faceroll as before which is fine. I just liked the whole crit mechanic. Now our crit is crap and stacking haste/spirit is the bomb which was really looked down on in wrath

Also in wrath we only used one spell. Ill take the change in haste/spirit to being able to use different spells
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

I just dont see why the entire hpally system of healing had to go out the window...more options means more variety and happier people.

Everything just feels so simple now and its really difficult to do it wrong.

Pre cata pala healing was one spell, stacked with haste. That's not an interesting Playstyle.
    Oh, and you've been the tank-healer. Nothing else. Embrace your AOE-spell happily.

And no good shaman stacks haste and crit. Haste to a softcap, and crit is worse then mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Holy Paladins are way, way more interesting to play in Cataclysm than they have been in any point in time. I don't really see how stacking a different stat(s) makes it any lesser when we have a significantly deeper playstyle with a much wider range of tools.

Haste had made its apperance from Sunwell. Crit was OP buffed during early wrath and indeed was the way to go before intellect came up. To be honest in late wrath haste and mp5 (spirit in cata terms) were the best stat combination for holy paladins hence the mail bis items in ICC. So the stat philoshophy hasn't changed so much in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I just dont see why the entire hpally system of healing had to go out the window...more options means more variety and happier people.

Everything just feels so simple now and its really difficult to do it wrong.
    I'm not sure I understand this. You want to go back to wrath style playing where we spammed one spell all day long. Yet you say cata is simpler? We have upwards of 6 different heals that we use. Plus the large amount of utility, and cooldowns. If anything we are a much more complex class and you can see the difference between a great holy pally and just a good one.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Paladins have never been this much fun to play in any other period of the game. I hated the "WotLK" healing model. How anyone wishes to go back to be the one button spamming class it once was is beyond me.

Deleted
    You said so yourself that you didn't even try the Holy Paladin playstyle in Wrath, how can you say you want to go back to it then? Paladins were spamming a single heal, and being extremely overpowered at that.

I honestly like the current healing a lot better - I never got into healing in neither Burning Crusade or Wrath due to how extremely simple that was - you can gain mana through Judgement, melee'ing between casts(if there is time) etc. Paladins are still unique, and giving them even more mana regeneration would be overpowered.