View Poll Results: Revenge or no revenge?

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • REEEEEVEEEEEEENGEEEEE

13 76.47%
  • Don't do anything.

4 23.53%

Thread: Revenge! (?)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Revenge! (?)

Ok a little backstory:

This year has been the year that I obtained my driver's license. Of course, as any normal 16 year old, I wanted a car. My mom was planning on buying a $3000-$4000 car. She looked all around and found one place, which was a type of off dealership (idk what you call it, not a real dealership but a random autosales yard). She found a car priced at $3500, which was in decent condition and drive-able. This car was then smashed into and totaled by a drunk mexican the night after she decided to buy it. The man that runs the autosales yard said that he had another car just like it that just needed a bit of fixing up, which he would sell to us for the same price. My mom said that she would, because he specifically said that it would be exactly alike it.

Now, this is where it turns shitty. The autosales person "fixes" it up after about 2 months (when he continually said "it'll be ready next week I swear"). Once we finally got to see the "fixed" version of the car, we drove it and found out that it pretty much has no suspension in the back of the car. We had already put the money down for it and he said that he wouldn't fix it any further, even though he specifically said that this one would be in good condition like the last. We got into a big argument, which ended in him keeping the title and car AND the money.

We then pursued to get our money back, which is still currently being debated as to who should get the money. We also submitted reports against the man because he had many malpractices, such as no paper on the window of the car to show gas mileage and things of the sort. Turns out he violated EVERY SINGLE RULE in regards to selling cars. We found that we could sue him for up to 3 times the amount originally paid.

Exciting news, yes? Wrong. Turns out the man didn't have a license to sell cars at the time and supposedly we can't sue him. I'm going to look into this further but as for now, he's claiming that he "might" decide to give our money back.

Either way, I want your opinion mmo-championers. I was thinking that I should wait to see if I get my money back, and when I do / do not, I go to his dealership at night and shoot out every window with frozen paintballs and paint all his cars and his building pretty colors.

Is this the right way to bring justice to this immense douchebag? (this may not be the best site to post this on due to trolls, but w/e.)

TL;DR: Car dealer guy = giant douche, avoiding giving us money back. Shoot out his windows/paint his cars+building?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    how much money is he keeping?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sure you out of money but rather shoot up his place (paint balls or otherwise).
    Ok you feel good but you'd be number one suspect. Off to jail with ya lad.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    how much money is he keeping?
    $3500, it's currently being debated between both of our banks' as to who should get the money. No one really has it atm but he's most likely going to keep it if our bank decides that it should go to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were me I'd rent a billboard across the street from his dealership, describing what a crook he is, will probably hit him where it hurts most and not make you a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    Oh sure you out of money but rather shoot up his place (paint balls or otherwise).
    Ok you feel good but you'd be number one suspect. Off to jail with ya lad.
    He's only met me once and my mom is a bit too old to shoot up a place with paintballs, so I doubt he would know. And I never said we were out of money, it's just that we don't really have enough atm to buy a car with this douchebag trying to get the $3500.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    If it were me I'd rent a billboard across the street from his dealership, describing what a crook he is, will probably hit him where it hurts most and not make you a criminal.
    Isn't that expensive as shit?

I'd sue him! Scumbags like him deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by Holytrauma View Post
    I'd sue him! Scumbags like him deserve it
    We were going to. I don't know the law well enough in tandem with car dealerships to know if we're able to sue him over this. He didn't have a dealership license at the time of the sale. He never told us that he didn't have a license, either.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if anything, just go into the place and add sugar into all the tanks of the cars he is selling... destroys the engine and he is out of a sale and he cannot tell it was you, if you want to be really awsome next time you and your mom argue with him, say you are going to the bathroom and then drop sugar into his car's gas tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

As much fun as it would be, the worst action I would recommend would be -regular- paintballs all over the cars, and not even a whole lot of them. If it can't be washed off with water, (and perhaps even then) you face definite jailtime if you're caught (extremely likely) and fines worth at least as much as the money you've been scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by matherl View Post
    if anything, just go into the place and add sugar into all the tanks of the cars he is selling... destroys the engine and he is out of a sale and he cannot tell it was you, if you want to be really awsome next time you and your mom argue with him, say you are going to the bathroom and then drop sugar into his car's gas tank
    Hmm. How much sugar? I might do both.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangzs2 View Post
    i would say a decent ammount to make enough of a difference, i would say like 1-2 cups of sugar,
    also got this from a website

: if you REALLY want to put someone out of commission, sand in the oil fill tube

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 12:50 AM ----------

also you could be old fashion and cut up a potato to the right size and shove it deep in the tailpipe with a stick
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Wouldn't claiming to be a auto dealer while not having a valid license to do so be considered fraud?

Also lessons you should take from this, always test something before you hand over the money, never take someone at their word. Also use third party sources to verify information, in this case carfax or an independent mechanic.

I have a ton of ideas that will probably get me infracted again.. or banned. Some involve poop.

I would contact a lawyer, you can get this guy for more than you know that way.
    He was operating without a licence and committing fraud with how he did a bait and switch with that second car.

You can get your cash back from him legally (And possibly then some) and get him fined LOTS of cash and possibly get him shut down.

Even if he doesn't have the licence, they should still be able to hit him with the charges since he acted as though he did, then you get him for operating without a licence as well. Just like if I decided to run a restaurant without a licence and don't keep it up to code, when I get caught, I get charged with both anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleB View Post
    Wouldn't claiming to be a auto dealer while not having a valid license to do so be considered fraud?

Also lessons you should take from this, always test something before you hand over the money, never take someone at their word. Also use third party sources to verify information, in this case carfax or an independent mechanic.
    Yes, I know to do these things. I assumed my Mom knew also, but she didn't and now I know to help her when doing shit like this.

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I would contact a lawyer, you can get this guy for more than you know that way.
    He was operating without a licence and committing fraud with how he did a bait and switch with that second car.

You can get your cash back from him legally (And possibly then some) and get him fined LOTS of cash and possibly get him shut down.

Even if he doesn't have the licence, they should still be able to hit him with the charges since he acted as though he did, then you get him for operating without a licence as well. Just like if I decided to run a restaurant without a licence and don't keep it up to code, when I get caught, I get charged with both anyways.
    My mom talked to someone from DMV or something and they said he could get fined for ~$900 for operating without a license. I'm going to pursue it further to completely fuck this guy's life if I can, but if there are any legal experts in this thread please tell me what I can do lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a Lawyer.

Also.

Car buying sucks. I hear these stories all the time. Sorry to hear about yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    I've believed in the saying, "learn from your mistakes", but this is one of those mistakes that you don't want to commit. You're young, your cocky but, although your intentions are admirable, two wrongs do not equal a right. Continue looking into legal action and do what you can, LEGALLY, to make him pay. You WILL get caught, you will serve some sort of time, penalty or community service and being a douche bag back, is not going to get your mother's money back.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be a dick, you can use bleach. It'll destroy the engine way better than sugar. Wear gloves!

Anyways, revenge or not. I'd sue the shit out of him.

My mom talked to someone from DMV or something and they said he could get fined for ~$900 for operating without a license. I'm going to pursue it further to completely fuck this guy's life if I can, but if there are any legal experts in this thread please tell me what I can do lol.
    Ok, since you paid $3500 for the car and you can sue him for 3 times the value from what you said, that would mean that you can get him for $10,500 for the car and he would get fined $900 for operating without a licence, that is $11,400 of hurt you can do to the guy.

So just sue the guy, if you get the full settlement of $10.5k for yourself, use 5k for a new car and save the rest except what you need to pay for a billboard outside his shop describing your ordeal (Truthfully to avoid libel/slander charges) so there ya go, you hit him in his wallet twice.