Page 1 of 3
LastLast

any way to change ip address?

I got a stupid temp ban on diablo 2 for doing baal runs too fast apparently and I just want to play is there any way to change my ip address on wireless?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

I hope this isn't against the rules, since we're talking about subverting a ban, but I'll just use my best judgment.

Go to your wireless router settings and change your MAC address. That should do the trick.

subverting an unjustified ban..

how exactly do i do that btw? is that in 192.168.1.1 somewhere?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, though avoiding temp bans is stupid. They're temporary for a reason.
    Type in your home IP Address (192.168.1.1), go change your IP address from there by choosing static IP and typing in an IP address.
    Googling will provide better results, as they're usually router specific.

Deleted
    Changing the IP used within the internal network won't do anything at all. The IP they've banned (if they use IP and not account & serial banning) is the one that your ISP has given to your router; and for most ISPs that link is remembered for hours.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    with so many isp's using dhcp over statin ips it probably bans based on your nic mac or wireless equivalent and not actual ip, you can always clone your nic mac and change it but if having you're trouble even accessing your router's menu may be worth waiting out the ban

Reset router, and it'll change IP address automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Changing the IP used within the internal network won't do anything at all. The IP they've banned (if they use IP and not account & serial banning) is the one that your ISP has given to your router; and for most ISPs that link is remembered for hours.

Unfortunately, this guy is correct. That's why if you get banned, you can't just log on from a different computer in the same household; the ban is on your router not the individual computer

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhustle View Post
    This rarely works: if the same IP is still available almost all routers revert to the last one they were using after a reset because it is the one assigned to them, unless the ISP changes it the router will keep the same IP. The routers IP will sometimes(<-key word) change every couple of weeks (and with very few ISPs, every few hours), but that is not even always certain.

On the other hand if they banned the hard coded address for your router (it's MAC) which is what they often do so people can't get around the bans easily, there is nothing you can do other than getting a new router.

Disclaimer: When I refer to router, I mean the common modem/switch combo issued to you by your ISP. If you just have a modem from the ISP and your own router, the problem is with the modem not your router.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2011-05-20 at 02:32 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait... You can get banned on Diablo 2? Man I use to scam people all the time and didn't get shit lol. Sorry man looks like you got banned for being to pro.

Usually to reset and IP I think you can usually just reset your router. But I don't think that will help you, odds are your actual account is banned too, but I could be wrong. Good luck.

my account isnt banned it is temp banned but for nothing

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhustle View Post
    not from isp until it's refreshed by isp, modem issues ip to router then router issues it's own "internal network" ip's to comps attached,if anything power cycle modem for new ip not router but ip's are leased to modem macs for usually 8-72 hrs or so at a time, it's how they save $

yeah..

i got it to, i think its diablo just effin up. i was doing legit mf runs and waited 10-15 seconds in between each game and it booted me off

This is midly offtopic but i totally just read this thread title as because the thread below it was so,time travel.

What probably happened was your account was temp banned so IP changing won't do anything
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

15+ Year Old Account
    People still farm Diablo 2 0.o wow you must really be bored. You can't get around those Temp bans but if you keep pushing the limit they will Perma ban you, its automatic and they started doing it way back in patch 1.1. I think the lockout is 15 seconds.. slow your horses down a bit.

So much fail in this thread.

Find your gateway/routers power button. Press it. Immediately after, unplug that device. Uninstall your NIC. Find your mac settings, and set a new IP range manually. Install the NIC, and restart the router. Check your new lease. Use Google to find a proxy server that will be up the entire time you intend to play. Profit.

reseting my router for a new IP address takes off the ban

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    So much fail in this thread.

Find your gateway/routers power button. Press it. Immediately after, unplug that device. Uninstall your NIC. Find your mac settings, and set a new IP range manually. Install the NIC, and restart the router. Check your new lease. Use Google to find a proxy server that will be up the entire time you intend to play. Profit.
    wow absolutely no clue at all about how networks work

OT best of luck to ya hopefully you're back up soon

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    wow absolutely no clue at all about how networks work

OT best of luck to ya hopefully you're back up soon

Lol, yeah whatever. How about you troll less, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    not from isp until it's refreshed by isp, modem issues ip to router then router issues it's own "internal network" ip's to comps attached,if anything power cycle modem for new ip not router but ip's are leased to modem macs for usually 8-72 hrs or so at a time, it's how they save $
    Wow, just... wow. So much fail. Your machine has a lease, not your router. If your lease expires, DHCP (which resides inside your machine, not your "modem mac" (wtf that is...) enables itself (again, from within the parameters your machine has, you need to read up on windows allocation states) and requests a new lease. Your router sniffs ip headers, and assigns traffic (like to a local network, if one exists, or a internet service provider, usually) and then Host controls take over.

Since you have ZERO idea wtf you are talking about (and your ability to articulate your point is non-extant), I'd suggest you apologize to me. But yeah, like that's gonna happen. Basement much?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    The easiest way would be to simply operate under a Proxy...
    http://proxy.org/
    I... said that.
    Last edited by tenzing21; 2011-05-20 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Lol, yeah whatever. How about you troll less, troll.
    Don't call people trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Don't call people trolls.
    This, get behind 7 proxies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.