SHOOTERS for XBOX360...

Well it is my B-Day today and I got some money so I wanted to go buy a shooter, or 2. Wanted to know of any good ones. Ones where the Online play is pretty good as well as the Campaign type play, or single player. I am new to XBOX 360 as I had just bought one about a month ago. It was the first console I have had since GameCube. All I have at the moment is NBA2K11 and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I and II. Any ideas? As well as some info on them and such would be great. Going shopping tomorrow so the more info and comments the better! Thank you ahead of time! Hell I will actually take any good games at this point that are worth buying and playing!

Halo Reach, Gears of War 1 2, Rainbow six Vega 1 and 2, Call of duty MW1 MW2 and Black ops, Borderlands, Fallout 3, Fallout new vegas, Crackdown 1 and 2, Bioshock, I didnt enjoy Battlefield bad company but some do so check it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just Cause 2 is really fun when you're bored, 3rd person shooter though, but it's a gigantic and beautiful game.

Oh I don't mind if it is a third person shooter.Any type of shooter is fine.Also zeta thank you for all those.Maybe you could give me some info on them?I have been checking out Borderlands and it looks extremely good and fun. People who were new to the 360 recommended it because it got them introduced to shooters. They absolutely loved the game and most rated it out of a 10. I am thinking about them.
    Last edited by CR3A71V3K1D; 2011-05-20 at 05:48 AM.

Halo for life!
    Quote Originally Posted by god of lock and pala View Post
    well usually ppl below 16 is retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariyami View Post
    Are you retarded or something? The dailies doesnt take more than 20 minutes to do...

Red Dead Redemption.
    Not a PURE shooter, but very few games are today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gears of war 1 & 2 and 3 comes out on the 20th of September

Halo and Red Dead Redemption definitely get my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Only one worth buying is Halo Reach as of now. Gears of War 3 is coming out in a couple months, same with Modern Warfare.

Also Duke Nukem Forever is coming out June 14th!!!!!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Bad Company 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 and I guess the Halo games(I personally did not like them but some do) if you're looking for a FPS. Gears of War 1 and 2 if you're looking for third person shooters(and Gears of War 3 is out soon so it's always nice to get into the game and the story for that).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Just Cause 2 is really fun when you're bored, 3rd person shooter though, but it's a gigantic and beautiful game.
    Ridiculously fun! Seriously, it is awesome! Story is a bit meh, but it is sooo fun!

(I spent 13 hours playing before I did my first mission ^^)

Deleted
    Gears of War 1 & 2, best shooter there is on 360 really. With 3 out in spetember your going to want to play the other 2 aswell. Great story, and good online also.

Okay so everyone has a vote on Gears of War 1 & 2 I think I might just have to buy them...I am most definitely going to buy Borderlands. The game sounded dumb. I actually decided not to judge a game before going to see what it was all about and I am definitely going to buy it. Sounds great and watched some game play videos and it looks like A LOT of fun! I really wish they made a new SPAWN game for the 360. Would so love it! SPAWN is my favorite hero type character in fiction!

10+ Year Old Account
    A. Go to a video game store.
    B. Put on a blindfold.
    C. Have a friend turn you toward the Xbox section
    D. Throw a dart.
    E. Buy the game the dart hits.

Hahaha! That's hilarious. It is funny you say that because I have honestly thought of that. Not that I don't care what I buy for a video game, but because I got a XBOX 360 so late and all these games have been made I got to GAMESTOP and am so overwhelmed by all the damn games there are. Sitting there for like friggin an hr just looking. Not even thinking about what I wanna buy! That's why I am here now. It took me friggin an hr just to buy Star Wars: Force Unleashed I and II the other week. Great games by the way if you are a Star Wars fan!

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 05:35 PM ----------

Well I ended up buying Gears of War 1 & 2, Borderlands and Fallout 3. Was told they are all great games especially for someone like me who is new to the XBOX360 still and they are good games to introduce you to shooters all around. Can't wait to get started in them and try them out. Can't beat buying used games. Thank you all for the help!

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 05:39 PM ----------

Cheers to gaming!

I'd get Mw2 or cod 4 to start off

Deleted
    Crysis 2 is probably the best thing out there at the minute.

I would avoid COD as the campaigns are horrible and I dont think the online play is overly great either, my opinion ofc.

Can never go wrong with Halo either

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for MW2 to start with, the campaign isn't spectacular but playing online is a lot of fun. It also gets a little addicting if you're one of those people who likes to unlock as much as they can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Halo for life!
    oh god this a million times

Singleplayer sucks, but multiplayer... A fresh wind from all those bullcrap pseudo realistic CoD rip offs when you have to zoom in to shoot (I mean only Red Orchestra deserves this feature, in all other games it's ANNOYING bullcrap ruining my ARCADE game).

And as others suggested ― Gears of War is a must. Best mainstream game I ever saw (full of cliches, etc, but story aside ― everything is done perfectly).

Borderlands, Fallout, Black Ops ― well who cares, these games are on PC, most have played them.
    Last edited by mmoc9f2d1900fb; 2011-05-22 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Halo and Gears of Wars

Both xbox only games and 2 of the best.