Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazormal View Post
    I think the products from Adobe function better on a Mac as well,
    Actually, they don't. Not anymore. The GPU acceleration that has been in Photoshop since CS4 and all other products since CS5 works better on Windows platform. Also the mouse button... not buttons.

It's pure myth that the OS makes any difference between Windows and Mac versions of any programs in performance or usability. Since both run now on same processor it's easy to see. It all comes down to hardware, and sadly GPU acceleration is something that still does suck in Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritheo View Post
    I think I will just get the company to purchase one of the lower end mac books for the office needs.
    Sounds like perfect solution. Have the workplace worry about your work computer and software without worrying about your home computer use.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-05-20 at 10:08 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Also the mouse button... not buttons.
    You can use any USB mouse (including 2 button ones)

And on topic: My 13" Mac Book Pro (Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/Nvidia GT330M) could handle WoW on medium settings. I don't remember the exact settings for everything, I haven't played WoW on it in a while... only did because my desktop was having it's graphics card RMA'd. I'd imagine it could play Starcraft 2 on medium-low settings, however I'm pretty sure BFBC2 won't run on OSX.

One of My freinds has recently Brought the new 27 " screen one or what ever ( i dont have a mac so i got no clue xD ) but OMFG the pure amazingness fo the mac, not only is he running everything on ultra but he was unsing parralels aswell which should drop the performace of any computer like a sack of potatoes, for those who dont know what parralels is its like a program that transfers all files from on pc to anther either by a wireless connection or a wired one.. but yeah macs can be amazing, but u have to be willing to fork out a pretty penny, when he told me how much he payed for it (£2278) ... i slaped him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    You can use any USB mouse (including 2 button ones) .
    Also every mouse button that you get with a Mac acts technically as 2 buttons.

Macs are only worth it if you want a decent all in one. And you have lots of money.

Yeah but you have to hit the "right button" juuuust right or it doesn't register properly in my experiences in the computer labs at school. I prefer my cheap Dynex USB 4 button mouse. However, IMO the MBP touch pad is far superior to any laptop pad I've used... two finger scrolling ftw.
    Last edited by Adappy; 2011-05-20 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    Im personally getting sick of their lack of creativity when it comes to the names of their products , if mac ever comes out with a game system (blech) ill bet money they call it Iplay or Igame stupid predictable crap is annoying , time to come up with something new

i also dont see how your would be in a position where you need a mac , unless your working with music or graphics , in that case your could buy all the software n put it on a pc for the same price

also sorry you got a infrac for speaking truth cpn hero
    Dude every company does that, PlayStation, windows and so on...

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 05:24 AM ----------

windows 95, 98, ME, XP, Vista
    PS, PS2, PS2 Slim, PS3
    Xbox, xbox 360
    >>> ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!! <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    Im personally getting sick of their lack of creativity when it comes to the names of their products , if mac ever comes out with a game system (blech) ill bet money they call it Iplay or Igame stupid predictable crap is annoying , time to come up with something new
    Deliberately building a brand recognition. Whenever you see iSomething everybody on the planet knows it's an Apple product.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    i've been using a mac (macbook and macbook pro) for years. I use them because i study graphic design and also for playing wow, counterstrike, COD,etc... And it works great for me. You pay more because the design of there computers are rly nice. There laptops are also small and not so freaking huge as the normal pc versions so they are handy to cary around. You don't have to buy those stupid laptop bags, you can just put them in your backpack. You can us them for years and they don't go broken. All in all i don't mind paying more for a mac. They work great for me and they are actually pretty good. If you are going for a gaming computer then go pc ! Mac pc's aren't rly made to game on.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play with high settings and decent framerates (~25 fps is not what I consider decent), you'd have to go with the 15"/17" and a Mobility HD 6750M.

6490M is a joke. A crude horrible joke on apple's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    One of My freinds has recently Brought the new 27 " screen one or what ever ( i dont have a mac so i got no clue xD ) but OMFG the pure amazingness fo the mac, not only is he running everything on ultra but he was unsing parralels aswell which should drop the performace of any computer like a sack of potatoes, for those who dont know what parralels is its like a program that transfers all files from on pc to anther either by a wireless connection or a wired one.. but yeah macs can be amazing, but u have to be willing to fork out a pretty penny, when he told me how much he payed for it (£2278) ... i slaped him
    You have a very casual approach here to what a modern computer can or can't handle and also you've misunderstood what parallels does, (though IMO it's actually more impressive than whatever you're describing it as).
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-05-20 at 10:37 AM.

Depends on what games your wanting to play I guess. I'm an Apple fanboy (hell i'm even posting this comment on my iPad) and even I would say that I wouldn't really recommend a Mac if you're looking to play games through Steam. That being said you can always just duel boot your PC with Windows 7 and you will be getting the best or both worlds. While the points you make in the OP are valid, I've got to be honest I think Mac has someway of making the hardware work harder for them. Maybe it's the OS, I don't know.

Anyway, if you go through with your Mac purchase you won't regret it honestly. They're great machines and run really well. Enjoy!

In this thread:
    - An OP who compares apple to PC stats (and price, but no real shocker there) and asks for a certain model (due to general crappy video cards in macs).

- A bunch of people who flame apple.

- A bunch of people who go "I've been using a mac for years and it works great, though they aren't as good for games" giving NO useful information whatsoever T_T

Now, I'm normally not one to complain and then not provide any info or alternative myself, however I just don't know anything when it comes to mac stats.
    Though it baffles me there are so many people here who support mac, yet have 0 knowledge about which model dons something like a HD 6970.

From what i've heard and read, it's VERY expensive as you could buy a good computer 1/3 of the price. But designs, carriability(?) seems to be favored by some people... Personally I would never buy a mac. But whatever floats your boat