15+ Year Old Account

Is there a site where you can post looking for people to build computers for you?

I only ask, because it's something I'd like to do locally for spare cash on the weekends - Craigslist is kind of muddled for this sort of thing.

Just wondered if there was somewhere online people could post looking for help building PCs locally, and things of the sort. I know it is a far cry, but a brother can hope, right?

Craigslist is the only thing that comes to mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with this sort of thing is warranty.

When a computer store builds your pc from your parts, you (should) have a contract with them. So in case something goes wrong, they can be held accountable.
    When you just let some stranger do it, and he makes a mistake, you have a problem.

So, if you still want to earn a little cash, make sure to have simple contract with your customers, that specifically states that you won't be responsible for damaged parts or lost data.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    The problem with this sort of thing is warranty.

When a computer store builds your pc from your parts, you (should) have a contract with them. So in case something goes wrong, they can be held accountable.
    When you just let some stranger do it, and he makes a mistake, you have a problem.

So, if you still want to earn a little cash, make sure to have simple contract with your customers, that specifically states that you won't be responsible for damaged parts or lost data.
    Thanks for the advice - I did post something up on craigslist, and I'm going to make some cheap business cards and put them up at the library, starbucks, etc.

Just hoping to generate a little extra cash. I'm fairly confident I'll be able to draft up a quick concise contract that explicitly states what I can and cannot be held responsible for.