Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epox View Post
    I thought Shutter Island was pretty decent, I haven't read Lehane's book so can't comment on that. Requiem for a Dream takes the prize for me tho, can't really find another movie that gets me down like that, maybe it doesn't really fit in this category since the whole film is dark and depressing. Can also recomend watching Funny Games by Hanneke, or any of his other movies as most of them deviate from the "standard" Hollywood endings.

I actually loved the Departed ending
    No no, you've hit the nail on the head. Dark, depressing, fucked up, and WTF endings are what I was thinking of. And I liked The Departed's ending too.

Quote Originally Posted by dnova03 View Post
    Human Centipede;
    This, obviously. Also Irreversible and No Country For Old Men. But mainly Human Centipede... doesn't get more grim than that.

On another note, why is Inception even on this list? Its not dark at all, he is happily dreaming at the end... if I remember it right, only saw it once when it first came out (His totem is his wedding band, if he is wearing it he is dreaming)

Deleted
    certainly of films this year, probably Sucker Punch.
    Ouch, that's a dark end to a movie!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oldboy
    Natural Born Killers
    Woodsman
    Nowhere
    Perfect Blue

honorable mention the ORIGINAL ending to Clerks
    To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women, that is what is best in life.

Deleted
    A Clockwork Orange
    The Mist
    American Psycho
    Requiem for a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    Oldboy

Probably one of the biggest twist endings I never saw coming.
    insert PC something here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doom_Generation

It gives a hint at the end as to why this movie has possibly the most fucked up ending ever.

Deleted
    Shatter Island - Dark because he pretty much surrenders to it.
    Mist - Speaks for itself
    >The Descent (the original ending, not the American/oh-shit-we-need-to-make-the-descent-2-cutitoutcutitout) - **spoiler** so she wakes up, truck races by, boo - eek, lolstillstuck.

Inception - You could see this as a 'dark' ending since you don't actually knw if he's free or just still dreaming.

Se7en wasn't bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    oh god the first comment had to be someone who can't read "work in progress". Why do you hate me sorry? Why? Why???????????

The Road is my favorite books but I don't think the movie did it justice, I thought it was good but I didn't get as sad as I did reading the book as I did the movie, I re-read the book plenty of times and still felt the same way every time.

Quote Originally Posted by McBarty View Post
    Looks like noone has seen The Mist in this thread? now that ending is F*ED up..
    Truly.

Minority Report, humanity is now doomed, he never discovers the fate of his son, only his lost future stolen from him, and the question posed is answered, with an ending antithetical to that answer.

Sad.

Another vote for The Mist here. Great ending imo.

Eraserhead
    Donnie Darko
    Memento
    The Butterfly Effect
    The White Ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I think you mean, "fucked"!

I watched the movie and then read the book, but my top one has to be Into the Wild. Smart but naive kid goes to rough it in the Alaska bush and starves to death, painfully. Real story, too.
    That movie really touched me,amazing story and great acting too bad is under rated...

10+ Year Old Account
    Human Centipede; Rest Stop and the second one.
    God the ending to Human Centipede was awful -_- Like she's just stuck there...in the "B" spot with everyone else in the house dead lmao. Honestly, i only watched it because of Tosh's 25 minute rant about it, which is so much better than the real movie.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

Human Centipede title alone makes me feel yucky, blech, why does anyone wanna watch... well, THAT?!

The Antichrist
    Martyrs
    Oldboy
    Frailty
    The Mist

(honorable mentions: The Others, Sixth Sense (yeah I know it's cliched), The Last House on the Left (original))

Butterfly Effect

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 09:20 AM ----------

This movie was so fucked up.
    But in a hilarious way at least to me.

Deleted
    Do not bring that movie into these forums. You have no idea what the results will be, and soon, people will be begging for a reference to it in game if they watch it.

I don't know if you can consider it dark per se but the usual suspects has an amazing ending.