Thread: Breast Physics.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing wrong with using sex in games. It targets a specific group of players, yes, but so what? Heterosexual men are typically attracted to breasts. From an evolutionary standpoint, breasts are a visual signifier that a female has reached maturity and is able to mate. There's nothing "sad" or "wrong" about that. If you think its being used as a way to move games, I'll have to disagree. I buy games to play games. If there are boobs, then its an added bonus. If I specifically want boobs, thats what my wife and/or the internet is for...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Reading the title of this thread, I came in here expecting something else. I've been misled and misinformed and you will be reimbursing me for it good sir!
    Indeed, it made it seem like there was some advance in boob physics technology.

On topic: Nearly every game has it. Having boob physics doesn't instantly mean the game is horrible. DoA found that going all out sold well, thus they did that. Even WoW has boob physics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    I see nothing wrong with using sex in games. It targets a specific group of players, yes, but so what? Heterosexual men are typically attracted to breasts. From an evolutionary standpoint, breasts are a visual signifier that a female has reached maturity and is able to mate. There's nothing "sad" or "wrong" about that. If you think its being used as a way to move games, I'll have to disagree. I buy games to play games. If there are boobs, then its an added bonus. If I specifically want boobs, thats what my wife and/or the internet is for...
    The only problem I have with boob physics in games is if they're trying to show it off too much by having every female character with oversized breasts its just hard to take it seriously. Mind you the same thing goes for male characters. Chris Redfield from RE5 and Raynor from SC2 are hard to take seriously when they've got biceps bigger than their heads.

Yet gameplay of dead or alive is still awsome... I dont see the point here. it's a win win!

Deleted
    there is just one word needed to explain this:
    ASIA

Sex and similar needs to go well with the story. The witcher (haven't played part 2 yet) is quite explicit, but didn't feel forced at all to me and gained quite a bit of athmosphere (sex is part of most normal relation ships, not saying a relationship with a witcher is normal...), same with Mass Effect/Dragon Age (though quite tame there). It's only a problem if it gets in the way of gameplay/story telling, thus it is mandatory for Duke Nukem Forever

Deleted
    It's funny in the new Mortal Kombat too, every time you fight a female character and beat her up you basically just hope that her tits fall out.

The biggest issue with most games that over-emphasis breast size is that it is literally the one selling point of the game.

DOA: Extreme Beach Volleyball had ridiculous amounts of tits and ass, and horribly gameplay. I mean, I can usually look over things if the core of the game is even decent.

Nearly every Japanese fighting games these days is filled with cliche anime girls with large tits and clothes that barely cover anything.
    The Arcana Heart series (scantily clad lolis...*shudder* But has a very good fighting engine)
    The BlazBlue series (tits, tits everywhere...But, yet again, very fun fighting game)

Meh, I could go on forever, but it all comes down to what sells...and sex sells.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a certain logic to breast physics, and it's not wholly wrong. But you're right, on the whole it's about making money off horny teens rather than producing a game with life-like simulations.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I miss the days when games had "the sexy chick". Keep with me here.

Back in the good old days there was usually only one member of the female cast wearing revealing clothing. Maybe two if the cast was pretty large. Nowadays every female character is wearing something revealing and is rocking at least a D cup.

I like to use the Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur series as an example. Back towards the beginning the sexy chicks were Ivy and Taki and they were counterbalanced by characters like Cassandra and Sophitia who were actually wearing outfits with armor and there were characters who fell in between like Seong Mina who showed some skin. That was great! But by the time we're on Xbox 360 and PS3 Ivy is damn near wearing nothing and Sophitia is wearing an almost transparent tutu and every female character in the series has had a boob job or two (EVEN TALIM! THE JAILBAIT!).

Don't get me started on stuff like Dead or Alive, Bayonetta, and all of the awful action games to toss out a woman wearing barely enough leather to make a wallet out of.

Sexy is fine, but too much sexy is just killing the mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    would you rather have giant man penis flopping around on the screen?

Didn't think so, quit complaining. Boobs are great, enjoy them while they're still perky

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I miss the days when games had "the sexy chick". Keep with me here.

Back in the good old days there was usually only one member of the female cast wearing revealing clothing. Maybe two if the cast was pretty large. Nowadays every female character is wearing something revealing and is rocking at least a D cup.

I like to use the Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur series as an example. Back towards the beginning the sexy chicks were Ivy and Taki and they were counterbalanced by characters like Cassandra and Sophitia who were actually wearing outfits with armor and there were characters who fell in between like Seong Mina who showed some skin. That was great! But by the time we're on Xbox 360 and PS3 Ivy is damn near wearing nothing and Sophitia is wearing an almost transparent tutu and every female character in the series has had a boob job or two (EVEN TALIM! THE JAILBAIT!).

Don't get me started on stuff like Dead or Alive, Bayonetta, and all of the awful action games to toss out a woman wearing barely enough leather to make a wallet out of.

Sexy is fine, but too much sexy is just killing the mood.
    Don't you dare mess with my jailbait!

The difference here, though, is that the Soul Caliber series is actually really good. DOA volleyball? You're just making an excuse to nude up the chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Don't you dare mess with my jailbait!

The difference here, though, is that the Soul Caliber series is actually really good. DOA volleyball? You're just making an excuse to nude up the chicks.
    The thing is that the actual Dead or Alive fighting games are pretty good too, it's just that no one takes them seriously because of the jiggling and over-the-top fanservice in the cinematics.

I have to give the Soul series credit though. Even though outfits are steadily getting more and more ridiculous, their cinematics have stayed on the same level of bad ass all throughout.

Man...that Xtreme volleyball was awesome! It even had jet skis!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If I may, I found that Bayonetta did a very good job depicting a strong woman. The game was unbelievably sexy, but not once did Bayonettta ever appear as just a piece of meat. She appeared as a woman who was way out of everyone's league. She was sexually intimidating.

Sex sells the same way this thread's subject did. =p

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    If I may, I found that Bayonetta did a very good job depicting a strong woman. The game was unbelievably sexy, but not once did Bayonettta ever appear as just a piece of meat. She appeared as a woman who was way out of everyone's league. She was sexually intimidating.
    I list that game because it's known for her sexy image. The actual issues I had with the game were more to do with gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I can't put my finger on why but I think I find this to be the best opening video for any video game ever.

Don't bother. You won't ever get your fingers on the reason

Ok, sorry. I just couldn't help it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fogkin View Post
    would you rather have giant man penis flopping around on the screen?
    i would love that!!

I see no problem with breast physics, it makes sense for DD size breasts to jiggle around that much. The actual "problem" is that almost every single woman in those kinds of games has massive massive tits.

I say "problem" in quotations because I don't really see one, but I can appreciate how it impacts things. In the stylized video games where that kind of thing is prevalent, all the dudes are macho and strong, and all the girls are super sexy; it's just how the game's world is. If you're going for realism in your game (which is a terrible idea, but that's a whole 'nother topic) I wouldn't suggest incorporating the fight with the least amount of clothing possible strategy but hey, I like tits, and I won't object to eye candy in a fantasy world, why not?