Holy Tier 11 pieces

Well, seeing that shadow tier 11 thread made me want to ask this question and I didn't want to hijack his thread.

Which holy tier piece do you skip for the 4 piece? Normal modes only atm, I doubt we will start heroics before 4.2 hits.

I'm thinking the gloves, since I already have the woundsplicer handwraps (same as brackish gloves but BoE, got em in a Vortex Pinacle run ), but I would like some more opinions on it.

Head.

It has crit on it, I dislike crit (being holy and all), and I already have the Heroic chest piece anyways, and even if I didn't have that, I already had the T11 chest, and considering Shoulders is BiS, and legs&hands have mastery, I'll obviously pick those up (although I might get brakish gloves from HC chimaeron).

If you like mastery, skip the chest for the mastery one from Halfus or the helm for the mastery helm from Magmaw.
    If you like haste skip the helm for the haste helm from Valiona and Theralion.

Either way it's one of those two as they both have crit which is basically useless in comparison to haste and mastery.

I really wouldn't suggest passing on any of the other pieces though as you trade haste for mastery or mastery for hase, which is my world is not a great trade to make when you have a crit--> something option available.

Helm preferably but if you pick up the robes from Halfus or anything you can get away with swapping the Robes. The alternatives for the Helm are the ones from Magmaw for Mastery and V&T for Haste
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    It depends if you're more into haste or mastery, crit is obviously the worst stat at the moment for disc and holy.

Head: Mercurial Cowl has crit. Mastery alternative: Mercurial Cowl, Haste alternative: Helm of Eldritch Authority

Shoulder: Mercurial Mantle has haste, no mastery alternative

Chest: Mercurial Robes has crit. Mastery alternative: Robes of the Burning Acolyte, haste alternative: Shadowforge's Lightbound Smock

Gloves: Mercurial Handwraps have mastery. Haste alternative: Brackish Gloves

Pants: Mercurial Legwraps have mastery. Haste alternative: Soul Breath Leggings of the Undertow

So it is up to you if you skip the head or the chest to obtain the good 4 pc bonus.

I tend to prefer haste to mastery, as I run 10 mans and a lot of heroics. I find haste lets my "OH SHI-" combo of 2x Flash Heal, 1x Greater Heal, work a lot better than the extra healing from mastery. Even though mastery is supposed to be better for healing the raid, I've found that for my group, haste is more important. On top of that, half my current healer set doubles as my DPS set, and haste >>>>>>>>>>>>>> mastery for shadow lol.

Reforging all my excess haste to mastery, gives me about 6% or so extra healing on EoL, whereas my cast time for Heal and Greater Heal increases from 2.7 to around 3 sec or so in 5 mans. That extra 0.3 sec is actually major, as I lose out on an extra heal fairly quickly (I like to sit in heal chakra and spam heal while having renew on the tank).

So basically, skip the head, and grab the gloves? I don't particularly like the gloves very much. I trade 119 haste for 90 mastery + 20 spirit (after reforging 59 mastery to 59 haste), and my spirit is currently above 2.6K without any buffs or procs, 3K when I have Tsunami up. Yeah, spirit is always good, but I'm fine on mana regen atm, running with a shammy and druid, so I get innervates and mana tides often enough, plus with procs my mana regens like crazy ( <3 fall of mortality).

Currently wearing the mastery helm from Magmaw (V&T don't want to drop the haste one >.<).

I tend to prefer haste to mastery, as I run 10 mans and a lot of heroics. I find haste lets my "OH SHI-" combo of 2x Flash Heal, 1x Greater Heal, work a lot better than the extra healing from mastery. Even though mastery is supposed to be better for healing the raid, I've found that for my group, haste is more important. On top of that, half my current healer set doubles as my DPS set, and haste >>>>>>>>>>>>>> mastery for shadow lol.
    Honestly, haste is primarily good in situations where you have to "compete" with other healers about what you are healing, which in the end means it's a setup issue (usually you simply have too much excess heal). Other than that, Haste/Mastery should benefit your HPS about equally, with mastery being better due to the fact it increases your HPM. I recently did Atramedes HC with 2 healers (because I finally managed to convince my guild that 3 healers simply were too much) and there we healed
    The other thing that I find quite weird - you say your Greeater Heal has 2.7 seconds casttime? As holy (and actually disc too imo) you should have 2.5 second cast time on GH/Heal without haste. But I guess it's just a mistake.

So basically, skip the head, and grab the gloves? I don't particularly like the gloves very much. I trade 119 haste for 90 mastery + 20 spirit (after reforging 59 mastery to 59 haste), and my spirit is currently above 2.6K without any buffs or procs, 3K when I have Tsunami up.
    The thing is though, if you'd take the head piece, you get crit instead of ~200 haste you'd get from the Theralion Helm, so obv the gloves are better, since mastery is waaaaaaay better than crit.

Ok, 2.66, not 2.7. I also didn't spec into Divine Fury, which would explain it as well.

Well, the way we have it set up is the shaman heals one tank, the druid heals another and I'm on raid heals. We don't stick specifically on our targets all the time, we help out if we see one of the tanks is about to die or something. So yeah, we overlap our heals quite a bit. We don't compete, we just make sure nobody dies. It doesn't help that I'm slightly OCD with healing and if everyone isn't at 100% I will get antsy and heal them to full. Yeah, I know, it's terrible, but its how I roll.