High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Tol'vir Archaeology, a very strange happening.

So the other day I was farming for the Ahn'Qiraji mount in Tol'vir Archaelogy (despite how illogical that sounds), and I was on a roll getting several Tol'vir nodes to get fragments when something very very strange happened not once but 3 times so far, so I thought I would share with you and know if this is something "normal".
    I got first 3 (yes, three) Tol'vir Keystones in one single fragment, notice I am not saying I went there got a fragment, one keystone, another fragment another keystone etc... I got 2 fragments w/o keystones and the last one held three.
    So this first time I was like: "OMG WTF?!?!", when I asked on vent if anyone had had this increadable luck a warlock friend of mine asked if it had anything to do with the fact that our guild had just reached lvl 23 and won Bountiful Bags, so I started thinking "yeah maybe that is it, I mean why else would I start get this strange number of keystones at once if not for that?" But then I went on and read the description of the perk, it clearly states that it affects only: Mining, Skinning, Herbalism and Disenchanting. No Archeology mention whatsoever.
    So I thought well maybe I got amazingly lucky and it is never going to happen again, so I screenshoted the loot history.
    I kept farming for the next hours as I am used to doing and then boom it happened again, only this time it were 2, I got puzzled but kept going, this morning I got another two much the same way. so I am thinking is this a bug for me? Has this happened to anyone else? If it did, is it a bug with Archaeology counting towards a perk that it should not?
    I think it is noteworthy that this only happened to me on Tol'vir Archaeology, and Ofc I had troll/NE nodes that held keystones but never more than one. Any thoughts anyone?

Yeah, had that happen aswell, also with the other races though. Only been happening for me since 4.1 though, so I figured the drop rate just got dramatically raised.

Bountiful Bags guild perk seems to be effecting the key stones.

Deleted
    Bountiful Bags affects it, according to my experience with it. Had "extra" keystones ever since the guild hit lvl23.
    Most I've gotten was 5 Highborne Scrolls from one loot.

After looking up the Guild perk on wowhead, there are a lot of folks reporting similar experiences. Guess I have something to look forward to as we are closing in on 23.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    RNG is RNG. Sometimes, RNG does amazing things (and frightening things to people).
    Chimaeron Heroic is a great example of that, but this is not normal, either blizzard failed to mention that it should affect archaeology on the guild perk, or it shouldn't affect, right? either way there is something wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
    Chimaeron Heroic is a great example of that, but this is not normal, either blizzard failed to mention that it should affect archaeology on the guild perk, or it shouldn't affect, right? either way there is something wrong there.
    Enjoy it while you can then

It affects archaeology yes. You will have more keystones than you can use now on the races that are common for your continent. What happens is this:

If you see a stack that is more than one keystone, that is a bags proc even though no keystone dropped.

If you see a stack of one, more than likely it is a bags proc, but could be a regular drop.

If you see two stacks, it's always a drop with a bags proc as well.

The weird thing is, bags procs on archy even if the number of stones for the actual dig is 0. Pretty much all digs have the normal chance for a single keystone and then the bags proc chance (15% I believe?) for a bags proc of 1-3 keystones as well (unrelated to if you got a normal keystone drop).

It is because of the bountiful bags. It seems that either the tooltip is bugged or its just a bug with the bountiful bags reward. Ppl have been experiencing this since the first lvl 23 guilds since patch 4.0. It does NOT seem like it is possible to get more then 1 keystone when you dont have the bountiful bags reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
    My humble opinion?
    Try to search this in the official forums or google it. If you can't find an answer, you should ask there. Maybe is a typo in the perk. Worth trying lol

I cannot see it being a bug since that would have to be coded specficially to happen, not just something you could "switch on" for all gathering, since the results are not quite the same for each.
    I imagine it just to be a tooltip issue where it is not stated.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity00 View Post
    My humble opinion?
    Try to search this in the official forums or google it. If you can't find an answer, you should ask there. Maybe is a typo in the perk. Worth trying lol
    My fear of doing that was precisely this:

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I cannot see it being a bug since that would have to be coded specficially to happen, not just something you could "switch on" for all gathering, since the results are not quite the same for each.
    I imagine it just to be a tooltip issue where it is not stated.
    If it was a bug maybe it could bring undesired attention to it? And you know ppl tend to have urges for killing the messenger and I dislike being the one to deliver it lol

It is more than likely a bug - archaeology finds are effectively "nodes" that drop a set number of items. It isn't surprising at all that Bountiful Bags was applied to all "node type" objects, and things that have a chance to drop and not just a set rate (like the keystones) are going to be multiplied as well.

You can get up to 6 keystones from a single node (at least that's the most anyone in my guild has seen).

I've gotten up to 3 night elf keystones at a stroke.

I've also gotten 2 Tol'Vir at the same time.

Must be a feature =)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Dwarven racial, Explorer + Bountiful Bags guild perk = win

However, I've still done 40-50 Tol'vir commons since my last rare.. Gotten the ring and the novelty scarab thinger.

Realm first 525 archaeologist still doesn't have the mount

..also took me FOREVER to get to 20 rares (Professor) - and then 4 more on the first day of 4.1, which was insulting.

Deleted
    it have happend to me 2 times, first time i got 3 and was like ''YAY'' then a other 1 i got 5 and i was like ''WHAT'' and my guild wan't lvl 23(my guild was lvl 21 when this happend) but it was 4.1 when this happend.